Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-14-2007, 12:24 AM #1
fretmelter

ok kiddies here is my completly one off gun tht im building.

these arer just the scetchups cuz i need the valve. so here. i am ganna use the spyder way of cocking. but not sure how big to make the space where it holds the air ready to be fired.

ok now for how it works it has a 2 chambers one for the air and valve with hammer and one for the bolt they are put together to make a single tube desing. the stryker fires by a spring then it hits the valve sucking air into the hose into it then the hose jumps from one chamber to the other. to the chamber with the bolt the bolt goes forward the same time the stryker does cuz there is a rod at the bottom (will be placed elsewhere when i build it) and connects the stryker and the bolt so when the stryker hots the valve the bolt has sealed the breach and the air goes thru the tubbing then thru the hole in the bolt and pushes the ball then blowback gasses push the stryker back ready to fire again. aslo i can use a ram to cock it instead of blowback but i want it sinple for now.

i am a very visual person soo writing to explain doesnt work too well for me so here is some paint action

suggestion,
comments,
thnx

WTT:i need your cheap pump.

Last edited by fretmelter : 08-14-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2007, 12:27 AM #2
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

has been a member for 10 years
u know i dont completely get it with the pic but it sounds like you are making almost a nelson based gun

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
Old 08-14-2007, 12:32 AM #3
mastamuffin
American Farmers

why is there a little person?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:32 AM #4
fretmelter

well i pictured it as basically taking a spyder and cutting the tubes apart and welding them to make one tube lol. but nelson is a lot simpler then this would be

Old 08-14-2007, 12:33 AM #5
fretmelter

lol the person is with the software and i always forget to delete him before i start. he is for like a reference point

Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 AM #6
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

so wait im actually kind of confused but now it sounds like a tippmann a single tube blow back

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 AM #7
MrZucchiniHead
My avvy lies, its not new

looks like it would work, maybe not so well, but it would work. if i were you i'd make a pump out of it.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:10 AM #8
Contour
---!R.I.P!---

the bolt moves forward and returns how?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:29 AM #9
matt360
STORK

this is like a tippmann with a tube to tansfer air...
Old 08-14-2007, 04:40 AM #10
sikk50
Just bored really...

sikk50 helped look for balloons
sikk50 supports Sherwood Forest
sikk50 supports Sherwood Forest
sikk50 is attending Decay of Nations VI
the idea sounds plausible, but i am going to have to agree with the pump idea, if nothing else than to keep it away from the tippy zone
Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 AM #11
fretmelter

contour, the bolt returns when the stryker does and the stryker returns cuz of blowback gasses. but i could use a ram or a pump.

and really to make it a pump all i need is a different valve pin one tht doesnt have a groove in it for the blowback gasses.
o and why make it a pump? jw what u guys think

Old 08-14-2007, 10:47 AM #12
Seekey
Dave

Seekey plays in the PSP
Seekey plays in the APPA D3 division
Seekey supports Empire

http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/onyx1.gif

what you designed is very similar to a Marq....
Old 08-14-2007, 10:50 AM #13
fretmelter

hmm well marq seem cleaner like im ganna have a ose on the side of the gun and a rod on the side of the gun. tht is all contained. plus im ganna use a orracle vavle to do this

Old 08-14-2007, 10:59 AM #14
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist plays in the APPA D5 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
no, not a marq a tippmann,

Quote:
contour, the bolt returns when the stryker does and the stryker returns cuz of blowback gasses. but i could use a ram or a pump.

and really to make it a pump all i need is a different valve pin one tht doesnt have a groove in it for the blowback gasses.
o and why make it a pump? jw what u guys think
there is no need to have hoses, Just use a tippmann power tube.
the way you have the back chamber and bolt chamber linked will produce Horrible inefficiencies., you wont get any airflow due to that youre using a hose,

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
Old 08-14-2007, 11:57 AM #15
rrdude
Witty Comment

you made that a extreamly overly complicated poppit valve mag basically. but also with the bolt, how yours is set up, the bolt will go foward, but not back and the air will vent before the botls fully foward anyways. wont work. Also i dont believe the the orracle valve is blow back.

Purdue 12

Last edited by rrdude : 08-14-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:11 PM #16
ROB.
THE lil Rob

very big gun
Random jerseys, empire Arm pads, B2, Revy
Old 08-14-2007, 12:52 PM #17
MrZucchiniHead
My avvy lies, its not new

this idea is actually looking pretty bad, the blowback gases will push the striker back before they fire the paintball, and that means the bolt will move back, and you'll get bad blowback up your feedneck and it'll be pretty inefficent.

going with a pump would be so much better
Old 08-14-2007, 01:36 PM #18
JoeSmoe32

If you want anyone to take your idea even half-seriously, take some time and work on you spelling and grammar.

Quote:
hmm well marq seem cleaner like im ganna have a ose on the side of the gun and a rod on the side of the gun. tht is all contained. plus im ganna use a orracle vavle to do this
It is still similair in operation, yours just has not so well thought out parts on it.

In your Sketchup diagram, you have a square valve in a cylindrical body, that will not seal too good

How are you going to release the striker? Are you really going to be having it stick out the back?

Running an external hose for the air from the dump chamber to the bolt chamber isn't the best idea. You'd need a fairly good sized hose to get it to fire a paintball at 300 fps. The straighter the path the air can go, the better. A gun with external hoses will take more air to do the same thing a gun with a straight path from the dump chamber to the bolt chamber could do. If you have the hose too small, you efficiency will drop to very low numbers.

Finally, building a gun requires lots of knowledge, time, and machinery. Judging from you posts, I'm guessing you lack atleast two of these things.

Looking for a DM4/5/c board...PM me
Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 PM #19
FMprime
emirpMF

if he wants people to take him seriously, he needn't post for help on pbn.

like jonotwist said, your design closely resembles a tippmann. And, if you look at the tippmann design, you'll see a spot where your design needs work: the air transfer between the valve and the bolt.

I'd like to see what your finished gun looks like, it seems like tippmanns are made like inexpensive indestructible tanks. A redesign could yield a much lighter and maybe smaller gun.

Mecha Godzilla: the bolt don't move because it's a spool-valve prototype thingy.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:02 PM #20
fretmelter

joesmoe is right cuz i thot a bout it and im not using a very big hose to take the air from the the dump chamber to the bolt chamber so there might not be enuff air. also but the time the blowback gases take push the stryker back the gasses might not even be in the bolt chamber or at least not enuff to push a ball out cuz it happends too fast and the hose slows down the air too much. hmmmmm

Old 08-14-2007, 05:29 PM #21
angrysasquatch

You must have a very low amount of respect for the people who design paintball guns if you think that you can just come up with a magical new design out of thin air that is comparable in quality to other guns. If it was easy, it would have been made already. From all I know, you don't even have an engineering background nor have you studied why other designers have created their guns the way they did. The design you have shown is not a new design, will be terribly inefficient and will have nowhere near the consistency of even a Spyder. The tube above the gun is a horrible idea, if it bends the tiniest bit, the air will travel completely differently down it and boom, your velocity just changed. Since it will be moving each time you shoot, it will be horrible. And that doesn't even bring into account the turbulence that putting it through a tube will bring. Then theres the fact that tubes expand...