PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 AM #148
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
to me the problem is, that a lot of field owners go with fancier bunkers, higher support poles for netting, prettier masks, etc.

just get those ELITE ALPHA masks or the other cheap masks that are included in the marker packages that are sold in discount chain stores, the Brass Eagle/ViewLoader low end markers, only sell the white-box paint/monster balls, don't use HPA, just rent out 4 or 5-ft co2 cylinders from an oxygen/welding supply company to use for co2 refills when rec players need them, buy the bargain-bin bunker sets, or better yet, just open up a scenario/pallet field.

about the netting, i have seen pics of an actual field still in operation that uses 10 ft netting, and those regular piipes, as support poles, and they don't seem to be causing havoc with spectators who stand there and watch.
just don't try to become rich at it, but be happy with making a minimum living income.

also, don't be something that a tourney player looks for, but again like the other cheap field owners say, focus on the FUN players.
The players wanting to play just for the fun of it, are going to go to the field that offers the best, coolest facilities. A "scenario/pallet field" isn't going to attract very many people, no matter how cheap it is. It will only attract the players that don't care about anything except price. I would not want to be a fieldowner that caters only to that kind of customer, nor would the kind of field you are describing be good for promoting the growth of the sport.

Last edited by Horizon : 11-13-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2008, 09:58 AM #149
judd243

Quote:
to me the problem is, that a lot of field owners go with fancier bunkers, higher support poles for netting, prettier masks, etc.

just get those ELITE ALPHA masks or the other cheap masks that are included in the marker packages that are sold in discount chain stores, the Brass Eagle/ViewLoader low end markers, only sell the white-box paint/monster balls, don't use HPA, just rent out 4 or 5-ft co2 cylinders from an oxygen/welding supply company to use for co2 refills when rec players need them, buy the bargain-bin bunker sets, or better yet, just open up a scenario/pallet field.

about the netting, i have seen pics of an actual field still in operation that uses 10 ft netting, and those regular piipes, as support poles, and they don't seem to be causing havoc with spectators who stand there and watch.
just don't try to become rich at it, but be happy with making a minimum living income.

also, don't be something that a tourney player looks for, but again like the other cheap field owners say, focus on the FUN players.
dude not monster balls they dont break ever idk about white box never used em but def not monsterballs
Nicky Cuba Fan Club #216
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=424913
feedback^^^^
judd243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:35 AM #150
LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS

monsterballs are the work of satan
Old 11-23-2008, 03:05 AM #151
shenaniganz (Banned)

Quote:

wow, you are the biggest noob ever.
never post again
if you made a field near me and it was the only field withing 300 miles, i'd just quit paintball

1. monsteralls might as well be marbles.
2. you didn't mention hpa. i see hpa geting bigger than co2. i'm a player who only owns hpa tanks so what about me?
3. playing on a pallet field is gay.
4. get a better rental than a brass eagle
5. put up a hyperball/airball field. not everyone likes scenario/woods. most noobs like woods but i know of many who tried speed and never go back in the brush. plus speedball= more paint used. more paint used= more profit (to a point)
6. TALL NETTING IS FOR SAFETY!!!. even with 15 ft netting i'll see paintballs on cars in the parking lot. don't be cheap cause you might be paying largly if someone gets hurt.

srry if grammar's bad. very tired

Last edited by shenaniganz : 11-23-2008 at 03:11 AM.
shenaniganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:09 AM #152
Mblier

Smile

Iím simply amazed, I own and operate two businesses a Christmas tree farm and a paintball field. My amazement is on how available advice is in the paintball business from younger people and nothing for advice on the tree farm at all. How will I get by?????
Triple T certified Ref
http://www.tttpaintball.net
http://www.store.tttpaintball.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-F...15421795145038
Mblier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:33 PM #153
rockon2772

eh so sad
Old 11-30-2008, 01:02 AM #154
HITMAN08
HITMAN08

Cool Fields

I run Battleground Paintball In Tyler TX the Only field left In the City the others shut down due to Zoning but im not inside the city limits I own the property and so far ive bought 12 used Spyder Semi-auto markers and V-Force Mask I use Co2 I have my own 75lb Co2 tank it last a long time all my bunkers are either Pallets or tree limbs 4"-8" in diameter and 4 T post holding them up
it took a lot of work but its got more work to bee complete its 300ft from the tree line to the firing line so their are no balls leaving the dense woods the only problem that i had was Hurricane Ike knock down 3 big trees but not to worry that is not stopping me I put them to use the big hole from the roots made a great fox hole just took a chainsaw to the roots

Using 4x4 post i built a bunker for sniping on the tree its only 5 ft above ground and it works great the biggest problem is the creek is a 12 ft drop off so i put up a fence and left 3 openings for the bridges dont want anyone to fall in

but I am in the process of taking an old pasture and using a farm tractor to grade it down level add some sand and make a Speedball field so they dont feel left out
HITMAN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:12 AM #155
T-monster419
False Idols

very good points made
T-monster419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:01 PM #156
nurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblier View Post
Iím simply amazed, I own and operate two businesses a Christmas tree farm and a paintball field. My amazement is on how available advice is in the paintball business from younger people and nothing for advice on the tree farm at all. How will I get by?????
I lol'd.

My wife picked up her MBA in business. As long as I do course design and layout she can handle the business plans and aspects.

Good information included above. Do any owners have a sample business plan they can post, to help up and coming fields do some real cost analysis and avoid the 14year old rants.
nurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:17 AM #157
Apple_Pie
Cat Diggity Dog

When I become rich I will open a field and charge $10 entrance/all day air and $40 a case of 2000rds. I don't care if I make a profit or not. I will just do it so that paintball isn't so expensive for so many people. I will pwn the pball business.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:15 PM #158
GeneralChaos
Everest Paintball

Let me know when you "become rich".
GeneralChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:50 PM #159
GOOSSEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurf View Post
I lol'd.

My wife picked up her MBA in business. As long as I do course design and layout she can handle the business plans and aspects.

Good information included above. Do any owners have a sample business plan they can post, to help up and coming fields do some real cost analysis and avoid the 14year old rants.
Why should anyone post their business plan and give thier proprietary info away? If your wife as MBA Then she should Know How to write one shouldn't she?
GOOSSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:59 AM #160
Timberwulf2

Timberwulf2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Now if only the public would understand a Paintball Field "IS" a Business.
Its always the same ol questions.."We can buy paint on line or Kmart/Walmart" so why cant we use it at your field..
My answer to them is..Go buy KFC and walk into McD's...Yip you will leave quicker than you walked in..
Timberwulf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 AM #161
Root$mon_$nypa

this is some damn good info
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3327151
White Empire Vents w/ tinted lens
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3327152
Vlocity (Excellent condition)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3327155
Root$mon_$nypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:35 AM #162
rogeiro

True story. If I would start a field I would do it for fun not for money
Old 12-31-2008, 11:57 AM #163
Outta Control
Yes I am

Howdy. Like most have said this is a great thread. Thanks OP. I won't go into too many specifics but lets say I've been involved in paintball for a very...very long time. possibly longer that you would imagine. Being that, I have seen fields that thrived and fields that failed. In my perspective I've seen paintball been called a para-military group of war mongers, a youth-church activity, a period of growth as a fad, etc..etc. Now 20 years later it has become a part of a recreational mainstream and so did the prices followed along with a larger increase to own, maintain, and provide service.
Outta Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM #164
PAINT&STUFF

alright i dont owen a feild,but if someone sues you for getting hurt thats dumb because there putting them selfs at risks.
PAINT&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:24 PM #165
Outta Control
Yes I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAINT&STUFF View Post
alright i dont owen a feild,but if someone sues you for getting hurt thats dumb because there putting them selfs at risks.
If I can remember accurately the first reported life threatening incident against a paintball field was after the safety briefing and during lunch break a juvenile shot himself in the eye near the trunk of his friend's car in the parking lot cleaning his marker. Thus even though waivers will not save a field from being sued at least you can cover your a$$ by following protocal. It is imperative that new players, old players, non-equipped, self-equipped, and staff must stop and listen to the safety briefing as it is being read line by line. And always encourage questions about the rules. That is how I was taught and that's what I would do if I owned a field.
Outta Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 PM #166
Lil' d

I think another smart thing to do if you want to start a paintball field is to get a partner so you split the price.
Lil' d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 PM #167
w00ds
Make you laugh

w00ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 PM #168
w00ds
Make you laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANxKILLSxSUCKAS View Post
monsterballs are the work of satan
Very very true my friend..