Old 03-19-2016, 07:18 PM #1
brubaker
Brubaker

has been a member for 10 years
brubaker owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
brubaker supports Shocker RSX
brubaker supports Ninja Paintball
Issues with Gog Enmey .50 cal

Started using said markers late fall, no real issues and a real hit with the customers and staff. Below 40 degrees and tons of issues. Reg and gun leaks non stop sometime will not even cycle. Chrono in staging no prob and issues at the start of the game. Tried the stock greese seems nothing works either too little or too much lube. I was assured this gun would work in cold weather. We store these markers at our store. Should I use another lube? Is this not an all weather marker? I do not want to give up on this marker because I know these can be great markers.
brubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2016, 09:47 PM #2
858baller
I <3 Celtics

Contact GOG directly...

They have some of the best customer service I have encountered in the industry. Look for Darryl or Tim specifically.
858baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:32 AM #3
EpicPaintballPark

EpicPaintballPark supports Ninja Paintball
I have some of the same issues too.

1. bolt stick
2. top regulator o-ring leaking on 10 of them (going to try and find a slightly larger o-ring or use fow 55 to try and swell the oring.

I will be contacting them too hope you are right about the customer service.
Randall Coles (Panther) owner of Epic Paintball Park, 9420 West I-40 Service Road, OKC OK 73128. www.epicpaintballpark.com 405-679-3742 (EPIC) facebook https://www.facebook.com/Epic-Paintb...1230984982563/

Last edited by EpicPaintballPark : 03-20-2016 at 01:04 PM.
EpicPaintballPark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:18 AM #4
CrusaderPB
Field, Pro Shop & Repairs

Annual Supporting Member
CrusaderPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrusaderPB supports Bob Gurnsey
CrusaderPB supports our troops
CrusaderPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Started using said markers late fall, no real issues and a real hit with the customers and staff. Below 40 degrees and tons of issues. Reg and gun leaks non stop sometime will not even cycle. Chrono in staging no prob and issues at the start of the game. Tried the stock greese seems nothing works either too little or too much lube. I was assured this gun would work in cold weather. We store these markers at our store. Should I use another lube? Is this not an all weather marker? I do not want to give up on this marker because I know these can be great markers.
Do you use the Volume Spacers in the markers? What velocity do you run the markers at?

If you are not using the spacers and don't have an idea of what pressure you run your regulators at, that would be why. Our cold mid-atlantic weather makes Dow33 gum up crazy... requiring a higher pressure to break the 'sticktion' of the orings. Combine worn out old orings with high pressure and you'll get issues.

Try using the spacers. You cannot run as high a velocity, but the markers will work great. We run the black ones at 220fps.

I've rebuilt our GoGs only once; when they had an issue I put the spacer in. That was 13 months ago. Make sure you also always bottom out the regulator before raising it as well; the guns are much more sensitive when it comes to the regulator.
Now a Planet Eclipse Service Center

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Subscribe to our Thread!
CrusaderPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:41 AM #5
PaintballArkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderPB View Post
Do you use the Volume Spacers in the markers? What velocity do you run the markers at?

If you are not using the spacers and don't have an idea of what pressure you run your regulators at, that would be why. Our cold mid-atlantic weather makes Dow33 gum up crazy... requiring a higher pressure to break the 'sticktion' of the orings. Combine worn out old orings with high pressure and you'll get issues.

Try using the spacers. You cannot run as high a velocity, but the markers will work great. We run the black ones at 220fps.

I've rebuilt our GoGs only once; when they had an issue I put the spacer in. That was 13 months ago. Make sure you also always bottom out the regulator before raising it as well; the guns are much more sensitive when it comes to the regulator.
Interesting. Ive had the GOGs for about 2 years now, but only received the spacers in the last order of guns I made. Going to try this for this weekend. Thanks
PaintballArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:46 AM #6
brubaker
Brubaker

and breaking triggers

Thanks guys i will try all of the above. Running the 26cui tanks from them and have not changed the output. I agree GOG has great customer service. We have been using the Dow 33 with no spacers. I was thinking the the lube was a bit thick for the winter. Any recommendations on lube for the winter, I was thinking Techt gun salve. As far as the regs yeah was thinking Dow 55 on that o-ring as well but I didn't want to go there for possible safety issues and it is supposed to vent through that hole.

Last issue, anyone experiencing the triggers breaking? I have received as few replacements no questions asked. Was it a bad run of triggers or is there too much pressure from the actuator?

Yeah after the first few original runs they included a black spacer. If not they will provide at no charge maybe shipping but ask for the white ones as well. The white spacer is so you can shoot that even more brittle paint but again like it was mentioned it for the black one, it will shoot at a much lower fps. From what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong, the fps per spacer goes as follows (the spacer goes over the bolt stem):
No spacer 250-300 fps
Black Spacer 200-250 fps
White Spacer 150-200 fps

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by brubaker : 03-24-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:06 PM #7
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Thanks guys i will try all of the above. Running the 26cui tanks from them and have not changed the output. I agree GOG has great customer service. We have been using the Dow 33 with no spacers. I was thinking the the lube was a bit thick for the winter. Any recommendations on lube for the winter, I was thinking Techt gun salve. As far as the regs yeah was thinking Dow 55 on that o-ring as well but I didn't want to go there for possible safety issues and it is supposed to vent through that hole.

Last issue, anyone experiencing the triggers breaking? I have received as few replacements no questions asked. Was it a bad run of triggers or is there too much pressure from the actuator?

Yeah after the first few original runs they included a black spacer. If not they will provide at no charge maybe shipping but ask for the white ones as well. The white spacer is so you can shoot that even more brittle paint but again like it was mentioned it for the black one, it will shoot at a much lower fps. From what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong, the fps per spacer goes as follows (the spacer goes over the bolt stem):
No spacer 250-300 fps
Black Spacer 200-250 fps
White Spacer 150-200 fps

Thanks again guys.
For the most part the triggers have been fine, but there must have been a bad run at one point. Out of 10 we brought in the trigger broke withing the first 2-3 trigger pulls on several of them. The next batch of 10 were fine. We've had the first 60 for about 1.5 years now and none of those triggers have broken.

Last edited by Horizon : 03-24-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 12:46 PM #8
brubaker
Brubaker

Great to hear they fixed the issue!
Old 03-25-2016, 10:50 AM #9
agent005
Since 1999

agent005 is an NCPA player
agent005 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

No spacer 250-300 fps
Black Spacer 200-250 fps
White Spacer 150-200 fps

Thanks again guys.
Those are the correct approx velocities. There was a bad run of triggers; we got a whole bunch of them sadly. As you mentioned though it was no hassle getting replacements. I'm up to my...8th? broken trigger.

Teaching the referees that the method of adjusting velocity is different for these is also an ongoing uphill battle.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:37 AM #10
Spadesiswhack

gog grease is beyond terrible. see if you can get lurker lube in bulk.

Reasons to date a paintballer:
1. We spend boatloads of money
2. See above
Spadesiswhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:07 AM #11
konechballer

konechballer plays in the PSP
konechballer is an NCPA player
konechballer plays in the APPA D4 division
I apologize for reviving an old thread but I am having the same issue with my Nmes as the OP and hoping a lube change will fix it, and hoping to get more recommendations.

brubaker, why would Dow 55 be a safety issue?

Spadesiswhack, are you recommending lurker because it worked on your Nmes, or just stating its a better lube in general?

Does anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Liberty University
Player Alumni
konechballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:27 PM #12
CFCrew

To call it a "Safety Issue" is a bit much, but DOW 55 can cause orings to swell. In paintball, it is typically reserved for static(Not Moving) orings. DOW 33 is the better technical lubricant to use, as it is for dynamic(Moving) orings.

I've seen nothing to say that GOG's lube is bad. I do, however, use Lurkers lube on my eNMEys and have no complaints whatsoever.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:16 AM #13
GOG Paintball
www.gogpaintball.com

GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by konechballer View Post
I apologize for reviving an old thread but I am having the same issue with my Nmes as the OP and hoping a lube change will fix it, and hoping to get more recommendations.

brubaker, why would Dow 55 be a safety issue?

Spadesiswhack, are you recommending lurker because it worked on your Nmes, or just stating its a better lube in general?

Does anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Konechballer - please give us a call and ask to speak to Keith(head of the tech dept.), let him know the issues you are having. (724) 520 8690

Lurker Lube and Dow 55 will swell the o-rings overtime and cause increased issues with bolt stick because swollen o-rings will increase compression on parts. While the thinner lubricant may appear to have temporary benefits, in the long run it will require the rebuild/replacement of seals in your markers...something that can be quite daunting on a rental fleet.

As for the triggers - yes we had a supplier change the plastic composition in our part without notifying us. This has since been corrected, and anyone with broken triggers should contact us for replacements.

We pride ourselves on customer service, and have a strong commitment to supporting fields who choose to run our markers. Whenever you have issues or concerns - please contact us and we will make sure your taken care of directly.

Phone # (724) 520 8690
Customer Service email: Laurel - Lgearing@gogpaintball.com
Old 11-21-2016, 01:50 PM #14
EpicPaintballPark

EpicPaintballPark supports Ninja Paintball
GoG does very well at RMA / Customer Serv.
Randall Coles (Panther) owner of Epic Paintball Park, 9420 West I-40 Service Road, OKC OK 73128. www.epicpaintballpark.com 405-679-3742 (EPIC) facebook https://www.facebook.com/Epic-Paintb...1230984982563/
EpicPaintballPark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:22 PM #15
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
GetBunkerD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG Paintball View Post
Konechballer - please give us a call and ask to speak to Keith(head of the tech dept.), let him know the issues you are having. (724) 520 8690

Lurker Lube and Dow 55 will swell the o-rings overtime and cause increased issues with bolt stick because swollen o-rings will increase compression on parts. While the thinner lubricant may appear to have temporary benefits, in the long run it will require the rebuild/replacement of seals in your markers...something that can be quite daunting on a rental fleet.

As for the triggers - yes we had a supplier change the plastic composition in our part without notifying us. This has since been corrected, and anyone with broken triggers should contact us for replacements.

We pride ourselves on customer service, and have a strong commitment to supporting fields who choose to run our markers. Whenever you have issues or concerns - please contact us and we will make sure your taken care of directly.

Phone # (724) 520 8690
Customer Service email: Laurel - Lgearing@gogpaintball.com
Gabe from Lurker/PB Mechanix here - Lurker Lube does NOT swell o-rings. The Lurker SWOLE did but we have since discontinued that line.

Lurker Lube & its co-brand PB Mechanix ICE Lube do NOT swell o-rings.
GetBunkerD is offline   Reply With Quote