Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 PM #1
skunk_13_2005
Cross Creek Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
skunk_13_2005 supports Team VICIOUS
DXS "Field Paint"???

For starters please let me clarify I am in NO WAY asking to buy or find suppliers or find pricing, etc.

My question to field owners:

This year we have been so lucky as to be sponsored by a local field. We were asking the field owner regarding sponsorship pricing, etc. The discussion of paint came up and he mentioned - "DXS Field Paint". He said it was a paint that was only offered to field owners and could not be purchased by the general public. My question to field owners is "Do you have/sell this at your field? What is the quality? What do your players think about it?" We were told that it was comparable to DXS "Bronze" paint. Can anyone offer some insight?

If this is against the rules I apologize, I read through them and didn't see that this would be but just in case.

Thanks in advance to all information that you can provide.
skunk_13_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2008, 01:59 PM #2
Back_anchor
Abstrakt Gunner

Back_anchor owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Back_anchor supports Team VICIOUS
Back_anchor is for the Gunfight
its sad that you cant ask full questions on this site but from we have experienced it is pretty good paint it shoots straight and doesnt break in your gun/hopper not to brittle and not to soft thats just a little bit into it
Old 12-23-2008, 01:59 PM #3
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
DXS makes several customized paints for fields. One of them is customized DXS Bronze. If that's the one, then it's the same as regular DXS Bronze. I have not tried the othes, but I know one of them is the same as Blaze.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:21 PM #4
snoopdogg
♠SuperStar Status &

snoopdogg helped look for balloons
snoopdogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snoopdogg supports Pev's Paintball
i used the dxs field paint before its pretty good shoots straight and nice. but i forgot what bore barrel you gotta use.
"Originally posted by OneUp: there is no replacement for mother's milk dude. trust me i am a marine bio major. i know she's not a fish but i did have to study those things that women use to get free drinks at bars :P"

"Originally posted by outkast kid: There is no best, of anything. The world is subjective. When enough people subjectively decide they like something, it is the best. So far, no gun is the best."
snoopdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:24 PM #5
Nick_at_PBM
This.Is.Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
i used the dxs field paint before its pretty good shoots straight and nice. but i forgot what bore barrel you gotta use.
that's because it varies case to case... no paint is ever the same...

DXS field paint is by far the best field paint i've ever shot... sometimes the paint may be a little dimpled, but nothing worse than your average field paint...
shoots straight, breaks on target, and not in your gun...

I'm a huge supporter of everything DXS.
They make quality products
Nick_at_PBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:25 PM #6
h2ol0st
Lost FTMFW!

as a player I have shot this stuff at a few different fields and as stated its pretty much xball bronze. I know DXS use to have a white box which was paint that the shells where not perfectly even or the logo was not on and what not and it almost always shot amazing. Just have your owner get a few cases or maybe half a skid and see how it shoots, unless dxs has changed it it should be great fro practices
h2ol0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:29 PM #7
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
I use it every other weekend, it's good paint. It gets dimpled in the cold but all you have to do is open the bag and let it air out in some warmth (either sitting in some sun or in your car with the heat on works well), the dimples pop out after the paint is warmed up a bit. Shoots good, breaks good, good fill. It's
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 PM #8
snoopdogg
♠SuperStar Status &

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_at_PBM View Post
that's because it varies case to case... no paint is ever the same...

DXS field paint is by far the best field paint i've ever shot... sometimes the paint may be a little dimpled, but nothing worse than your average field paint...
shoots straight, breaks on target, and not in your gun...

I'm a huge supporter of everything DXS.
They make quality products
Yea your correct but at the field i was they only had one box of it and i was able to get it. but that one box i shot was great. but another good one is the karnage tear there about the same. I would personally use it for practice or just fun game but events and tournys no. I would buy dxs bronze or something like that.
"Originally posted by OneUp: there is no replacement for mother's milk dude. trust me i am a marine bio major. i know she's not a fish but i did have to study those things that women use to get free drinks at bars :P"

"Originally posted by outkast kid: There is no best, of anything. The world is subjective. When enough people subjectively decide they like something, it is the best. So far, no gun is the best."
Old 12-23-2008, 02:33 PM #9
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
It's not really tournament quality, shell is a little too thick for events. I'd go with DXS silver for tournaments. It's not really meant for tournaments.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM #10
blingman_45
Swag

blingman_45 plays in the PSP
blingman_45 plays in the APPA D3 division
great practice paint, just not turny paint
Old 12-23-2008, 05:28 PM #11
snoopdogg
♠SuperStar Status &

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
It's not really tournament quality, shell is a little too thick for events. I'd go with DXS silver for tournaments. It's not really meant for tournaments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingman_45 View Post
great practice paint, just not turny paint
Well if you guys took mines wrong i never said tourny grade but defiantly fine for practice or rec play

Old 12-23-2008, 05:47 PM #12
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
It's actually my favorite practice paint, I've never had a problem with it.

What you were told is correct though. It's just Draxxus bronze with a logo all over the ball instead of the ball being half bronze. Also, the fill is thinner which actually makes it even better for both practice and rec play. At practice you shouldn't be cheating so you shouldn't need great fill and it makes for easy cleanup. Easy cleanup is also great for recball players.

I'm not a field owner, I was just scanning the new posts and saw one of my favorite paints and threw in my two cents.
Mr. Short Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:09 PM #13
gsxrpartsboy
**** obama

is draxxus rainbow anygood???
gsxrpartsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:20 PM #14
darkhorizon
Leinenkugels

darkhorizon plays in the PSP
darkhorizon donated to help Peyton Trent
darkhorizon supports Team VICIOUS
darkhorizon supports DLX Technology
we use field almost exclusively at our field for the past two years, very consistant batch to batch and tolerant of most weather. you will be very happy with this as practice paint.

-single color gloss nonmettalic shell with a reasonibly good fill, you cant find many paints from mfgs other than dxs in this price range with this quality and consistency.
O.T.E. PM
Cur ante tubam tremor occupat artus?
darkhorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:43 PM #15
skunk_13_2005
Cross Creek Paintball

Thanks for all your input on this. We've made the decision to get a skid for practice related purposes. Once again really appreciate the input.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 PM #16
Tanongi

My home field uses DXS Bronze with the logo of the field stamped on it. If that stuff is DXS "Field Paint" then that is the best I've ever shot, next to this othr stuff that they used at another field one time.

Sadly the other field went back to crap-o-matic rock hard never break paint.
Tanongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:50 PM #17
skunk_13_2005
Cross Creek Paintball

I finally got a chance to use this stuff and was VERY disappointed. It seemed to be hard as a brick and tended to vary in size from ball to ball (shot very inconsistantly). Before you say "You had the wrong bore barrel", you would be incorrect as I was using a freak kit at the time and:
1. Had trouble finding 2 balls enough alike to even decide which insert to use and
2. Once I found what seemed to be the best general size to use I found that some balls shot fine (perfect/close barrel match), but others seemed as if they were a few bore sizes too small (my gun was throwing curve balls)

I have to disagree that this is comparable to bronze (or at least the "Field Paint" that we shot) as I've used some PBC (Paintball Central) Bronze paint that was PBC stamped as the above poster indicated and it shot amazing and i had no problems with it. This paint we used to practice with was almost as bad as shooting *yes I'm about to say it* MonsterBall...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:17 PM #18
xmagman
MacDev Militia

xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Then you probably got a bad case or bad batch. I've been using the DXS Field Paint for almost 6 months (I shoot at least a case every weekend) and have yet to have any problems at all. It has been very consistent over the chrono and it has never broken in my gun or loader.

You should give the paint another try...if it is crap again then just try something else.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 PM #19
bonusballer10
All I Do Is Win

bonusballer10 plays in the PSP
bonusballer10 supports Team VICIOUS
bonusballer10 posts videos on PbNation
bonusballer10 plays in the APPA D4 division
i shot this paint in the bowling green indoor and it shot hella good, no probs at all this paint is great
Josh Culp #81
bonusballer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 PM #20
lilmaniac2
Stereo Enthusist

lilmaniac2 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrpartsboy View Post
We had 3-4 skids of the rainbow that was great. Then we got a skid that had a orange ball that was the most brittle paint EVER. It was so bad that you couldnt shoot it out of any marker. I mean ANY. From SL8rs to PL dm8's and everything in between....

Haven't ordered it since, because local field owner had to sit on it and lost money on it.
lilmaniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:01 PM #21
things2auction
Your AD here - $5

things2auction plays in the PSP
things2auction plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrpartsboy View Post
We used rainbow for awhile and shot great. Some of the best whitebox I have used.
things2auction is offline   Reply With Quote