Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Changing the stickies... suggestions?

I've been looking at the stickies for a while and thinking "These should really be updated"... well, I'm finally doing it... kinda. The problem is, I look at some of the thread and think "This isn't useful to me", but that doesn't mean it's not useful, just that it's not useful to *me* and vice versa.

So, what would you like to see changed? What threads that are stickied don't you use and what would you like to see in the Ultimate Sticky? My ultimate goal in this is to make things easier for everyone. I don't want people looking past the first handful of threads thinking "eh... I've seen those before" or "I can't find what I want in the stickies" If a user has to spend 15 minutes digging through the stickies to find what they want, of *course* they'll make a new thread. I'm not saying good threads can't remain in the Ultimate Sticky, but let's try to categorize things by Angel model or just get rid of old information that isn't relevant anymore. For instance, the FAQ thread in the Ultimate Sticky, while interesting info, isn't everyday useful IMO and only goes up through the A4 anyway (several years old). In other threads MT's have requested users not perform them, such as slotting bolts for detents.

So, what would *you* like to see done? I haven't finished with the Ultimate Sticky, but here's what I have so far:
------

Here's a reorganization of the original APS sticky originally put together by Vegard and Pump Scout.

Manuals:
A1 Software Updates:
List of warranty/service centers:
Helpful Links
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd

Last edited by FallNAngel : 04-03-2009 at 10:41 AM.
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 PM #2
sepet
i can has chzbrgr?!

sepet owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
sepet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alternate A1 site for docs (with working links lol) and softwares..
http://tiny.cc/olci
sepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:40 PM #3
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

ugh. there are so many generations that it'll be hard to put into 1 stickie. and splitting it out by generation would be a whole bunch to go through.

plus on top of the typical gun care and troubleshooting stickies, I would like to see a modding stickie. ie: build your own batteries, build your own eyes and eye covers, what non-angel boards people have put into their Angels... etc.

I would like to see the following:
1) What is your Angel (pics only). just a bunch of pics of all the different Angels and millings. includes private label millings. don't care about different anno colors. ie: pics of A4 Fly, Mamba Fly, 05 Speed, Bonebrake 05 Speed, the 1000 different PL LCDs. short description of differences from stock or a bit of history or how many made would be cool. This is so people can identify their Angel.

2) Generation stickie - lists all the Angels by generation. include manuals. changes/improvements from previous model (ie: LCD to IR3 to Speed to A4). also change/improvements from the side models (ie: 05, 06 speeds, Gat).

3) maintenance stickie - common things you need to do to your Angel separated by Generation. snap ring adjustment, ram stroke adjustment, lpr pressure

4) upgrades stickie - what upgrades you can do to your Angel, separated by Generation. ie: cp adaptor for A1.

5) troubleshooting stickie - common issues, leaks, chopping, separated by generation.

6) mods / DIY / void your warranty stuff - build your own datalink, eyes, eye covers, batteries, external lpr...
WTB: Angels + Jerseys
Angel Rescue! (aka WTB Broken Angels)
Old PBN Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM #4
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
Although good suggestions, what I really don't want to do is increase the number of stickies. Having a new user come into the forum and see 9+ stickies will likely cause their eyes to glaze over.

I have no problems with having one sticky with separate sections / posts on all that stuff, but do we really want twice as many stickies as we have now?
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

Old 04-03-2009, 02:23 PM #5
Winnebago
Angels 4 Life

good point. if the 1 stickie is organized well... then we won't need multiples.
WTB: Angels + Jerseys
Angel Rescue! (aka WTB Broken Angels)
Old PBN Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:35 PM #6
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
What I'm thinking is we can have the first post contain general / generic information about the Angel and a table of contents. Each item in the table of contents could link to a post further down in the thread. This way you can either browse the thread or click on a link to jump further down right to where you want to go. The only issues I have with this solution is depending on the picture sizes (if they're inline), it could take a while to load.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:58 PM #7
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4

fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
Winnebago had a good idea with #1, but I think it would be better to have it more organized like the Intimidator Library:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1853196

Also, you could have the links at the top direct you to a different thread as opposed to just bringing you down. That way the sticky isn't insanely big. Seperating things by platform might be helpful too. Have the general stuff at the top and then have a link that says something like "LED FAQ" and when you click it it brings you to another thread with everything about the LED Angel, and just go down the list. It would be a lot of work but I think it would pay off in the end by making everything a lot cleaner and easier to find info about a specific model.
fatboy6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:14 PM #8
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
The Angel library could (and probably should) be another thread. Having the FAQ's separated by generation is nice since you can just look at the LED faq and not worry about the LCD stuff, but if you do one for each model, you'll also have 8+ FAQ's and not all of them will have lots of information. Past that, I'd rather not have the Ultimate Sticky just have links to other threads that the users will also have to search through to find their information. For instance, open the US, find the IR3 FAQ link, wait for it to load, then find the maintenance part. Especially when the maintenance between the models really isn't all that different between them.

Really, I don't think we should duplicate information a dozen times when once for 3 or 4 models will cover it. Worst case, we can always split it off. I think one thread or multiple threads is the least of our worries atm. What should the US / FAQ contain?

Old 04-03-2009, 03:17 PM #9
angelballer93

angelballer93 donated to help Peyton Trent
angelballer93 helped look for balloons
angelballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
angelballer93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
we need something when u go to make a thread in huge letters it sayas DID YOU READ STCKIES? cause so many threads are ansured in stickes
Old 04-03-2009, 05:34 PM #10
__slide

With more and more people getting used/older guns, some older angel threads would be appreciated.

2k3 Angel Ir3 C&C
Lucky Un1 board with Lucky ACE Chip
JAM Gen 3 Bolt
__slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:06 PM #11
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Angel library is something I'd been working on, and kind of put on the back burner lately. Dredging up pictures of each generation, and each varied model is quite the chore! It's still a project I'd like to get done, but I'm not 100% sure when on that one.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 PM #12
bsharp11

nice collection
bsharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:11 PM #13
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

A permanently bolded, stickied, everything'ed thread completely dedicated to the HP/LP A1 & other Angels thread.

"End-all HP/LP A1 & Other Angels thread"

Including info on the minireg mod, picture tutorials, explanations, HP/LP platforms and models falling under those classifications, etc etc.

Clean Gloss black magno'd a1 f/s/t

Shocktech Burglarized

Right Attitude Paintball- It's all about the Right Attitude.
Khandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:44 PM #14
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
guess there's no way to make the stickies idiot-proof is there?
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM #15
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

Actually having a page that links from the main page to the stickies, and then you "click to continue" onto the APS forum would work nicely. Much like the phish filter.

Shocktech Burglarized

Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 AM #16
speedballer32

OMG! TREASON! lol j/k, thought they could use an update because I just bought an A1 and thought the same thing! Not my choice though, or a big issue for me either...
speedballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:33 PM #17
d--b
$~Money be the Mission~$

Maybe you can get the weights of each angel? Pics of each and the year/name. VS threads like angel vs ego/dm/macdev/or anything. How many shots off of a 45/45, 68/45, maybe even what upgrades there are and for what gun and what they do where to get them? If those are already made shame on me =). Just trying to help!
DLX LUXE SUPER SEXY! $650!!!!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post72890101
d--b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:10 PM #18
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

Probably a little extensive. Not everyone has access to all those kinds of angels.

Shocktech Burglarized

Old 04-08-2009, 06:35 AM #19
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Unless you break it up into multiple threads, our sticky is always going to be rather long and cluttered since WDP has been around since 1996 and has 10 basic models out. A "Table of Contents" format with links to individual posts and threads, organized either by topic or by model, would probably be the easiest to follow for the noobs.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 AM #20
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
guess there's no way to make the stickies idiot-proof is there?
you know the saying.

making anything idiot proof is mundane. They always seem to make better idiots.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:05 AM #21
d--b
$~Money be the Mission~$

lol
DLX LUXE SUPER SEXY! $650!!!!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post72890101
d--b is offline   Reply With Quote