Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 AM #1
smupaintball

REAL work from home...does it exist?

Hello. I go to school all day and most days I work after that. I still don't make enough money for my paintball addiction due to having to pay gas, cell phone, car payments, car repairs, insurance, etc. I would like to get a job working from home to make a little more money. I DO NOT WANT THAT CRAP THAT SAYS I WILL MAKE $3,000 A MINUTE BY DOING NOTHING!!! I hate that stuff and it is obviously all crap. I really want to work hard from home and put in hours and probably make minimum wage from home. I want a real job but it is impossible to find with all the b.s. there is online. Can anyone help me find anything if anything does exist?
smupaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2007, 01:44 AM #2
VanHalen

VanHalen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What skills do you have? I'm sorry but you cannot get a good job without skills.
VanHalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:56 AM #3
smupaintball

I'm very good with computers...it's all I do. I had my own web site for a while but I took it down because it was expensive (too much for me). I am good with people I work at a grocery store . There isn't such thing as part time telemarketing from home or anything?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:57 AM #4
xSTYX
(626) S0_CAL

he doesnt have any besides sitting behind his computerand talking **** .
Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 AM #5
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Real work from home?

1. Go to college
2. get a job with a company that through research you have found has many employees that telecommute.
3. Work with the company long enough, work hard, and hopefully get yourself into a position where you too can be a telecommuter.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 AM #6
smupaintball

ic ic...well there isn't such thing as work for an 18 y/o high schooler? I didn't think there was but I was JW cuz I would love some extra income but I know I have to work for it.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:06 AM #7
VanHalen

Um well learn something like Flash and get a job with a business and you can sit in a desk all day and do something easy since you already know it.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 AM #8
smupaintball

but is there any jobs I can do late at night or whenever I have time Because I am in sports, school, and have a job. I'm looking for something like, stuffing envelopes on my own time and being paid per envelope, only something that really exists...
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 AM #9
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

VanHalen,

Ehhh, knowing flash isn't gonna get you very far. To get a media job like that you have to be very well versed in lots of different applications and formats, and preferably have a degree.

Companies don't want employees with a single strong skill.

Companies want employees with diverse skillsets that are adaptable.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 08-08-2007, 02:18 AM #10
smupaintball

damn guys...I just want to know if there is such thing as a job I can work from home possibly on my computer with whatever free time I have from day to day.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 AM #11
VanHalen

Well my dad owns a company that makes commercials and he said if I learned something like Flash he could give me work. Maybe thats just because hes my dad hah. Ebay if you want a at home job.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:22 AM #12
smupaintball

like buy and sell? could I make any money buying pb guns and selling them on ebay?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:25 AM #13
VanHalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by smupaintball View Post
like buy and sell? could I make any money buying pb guns and selling them on ebay?
You can make money buying anything low and selling it high.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:26 AM #14
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen View Post
Well my dad owns a company that makes commercials and he said if I learned something like Flash he could give me work. Maybe thats just because hes my dad hah. Ebay if you want a at home job.
Yea, just maybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by smupaintball View Post
Yup.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:30 AM #15
smupaintball

any tips?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 AM #16
b1aze
Sorry I'm A Champion

b1aze is a Supporting Member
b1aze is reppin' sidebar 4 life
1. Buy stuff cheap
2. List on ebay
3. Sell higher than what you bought for
5. Profit
"Originally posted by AuctionJunkie: thebestbetistodotheresearchonyourownandreadtheforu msandseewhatfitsyoubettereachpersonhasadifferentop inionastofeeloftheguninthierhandsifyouwanttosearch dontcomplainaboutitsimplypurchaseasupportingmember shipandyoucansearchanytimeaswellasreceivemanyother
perkssorrymyspacebarbroke
."
b1aze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:30 AM #17
p8ntgurl
Like Tick, Tick

p8ntgurl is a Supporting Member
p8ntgurl donated to help Peyton Trent
p8ntgurl supports Bob Gurnsey
I work from home for a car dealership... my dad works at said car dealership and I had previous experience in reception and bill collecting though..

The opportunity to just start out at a reputable company telecommuting probably doesn't really exist for high school kids, honestly.

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
p8ntgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:35 AM #18
stumpy169

Play the stock markets, before they crash.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:15 AM #19
mugenXP
Registered Member

sell websites.
mugenXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:43 PM #20
CrJenkins13

Nobody trusts you enough to send you a bunch of **** to just do "in your spare time".

Commercial business is a structured market. **** doesn't just get done "whenever"
CrJenkins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:13 PM #21
Digits
A-Train

If you want a job from home you could be a web designer but you need to build up a portfolio first even if it means giving out a few freebees.