Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-03-2007, 11:18 PM #1
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

New Marker Concept.

Read below.

Last edited by BallsOutPaintball03 : 08-07-2007 at 04:30 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 PM #2
wasimpy

wasimpy is a Supporting Member
look up the epic. theres a subforum for it on here. its very similar.

nikon d40,
d90 or 40d soon to come!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 PM #3
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Aside from the trapdoor and "plug" they are pretty different.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 PM #4
ScopeX2
Well that was weird.

are you saying the noid actualy shoots the paintball...?

Silver Fs8, Red accents, Maxflo inline, 68/45, Cp back red, Silver front 14". NOX reloaded. Vlocity with gansta.

^^^For Sale^^^
Old 08-03-2007, 11:42 PM #5
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
how about, actual mechanical workings like,

ie, use of an unbalanced spool to seal chamber with a rammer completely separate to actuate a poppet... ect.

instead of the little stuff like breakbeam eyes, cocker threaded, imp threaded feedneck, use of no bolt...... stuff like this are more or less, extra features that are not needed to be included when designing a new marker. stuff like that is usually implemented towards the end of design phases, such as when you actually have a working prortotype proving your new "concept works"

many a time i see people claiming of their new concept, usually like this, a basin drawing that anyone could have made with a list of FEATURES. instead of SCHEMATICS or DESIGN

but in the end. really claims like these end up with a person saying, im going to design a flying lambrogini around features that ANY car can have, "cupholders, cd player, neon lights, ect"

but please. heed these words as not a flame. but more as a bit of criticism to get you driving forward to get a working prototype of your boltless gun working. and any questions you may have id do my best to help answer them.

but in the future please...... do not go into public letting everybody know youre going to build this flying lambrogini. and then ask every question that would otherwise be answered by simple common sense and a good bit of studying.

good luck.

oh and ps, that cepter in your sig caught my eye...

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere

Last edited by jonotwist : 08-03-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:42 PM #6
dmansr25sd

none of this will work how you think, sorry to break it to you
a noid can't flow enough air to fire a paintball/won't ever be consistent like that, anything that closes the feedneck can chop balls, trap/sliding doors also have a whole host of feeding issues

edit i completly agree with the post above me, worry about the design first then superflous parts and details
#04 RPI Paintball
RPI '11
Mechanical Engineer

Super informative ego page
Old 08-03-2007, 11:48 PM #7
jonotwist

Annual Supporting Member
exactly, a paintball gun can have as many hoses, BB eyes and cockertheads it wants. but if it aint gunna shoot, no reason building it.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 AM #8
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Perhaps I did not write this clearly enough, I will rewrite it tommarow, hopefully clear things up for some of you. My original post was just a general idea of what to expect in the final design, I have already contemplated much of this, and to me at least; seems like a very plausible, high performance design.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:03 AM #9
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmansr25sd View Post
none of this will work how you think, sorry to break it to you
a noid can't flow enough air to fire a paintball/won't ever be consistent like that, anything that closes the feedneck can chop balls, trap/sliding doors also have a whole host of feeding issues

edit i completly agree with the post above me, worry about the design first then superflous parts and details
I am aware the noid won't provide enough air, I wrote my original post poorly. Anyways, I'm off to find a few more ways to work this design, one using a poppet and rammer. The trapdoor works very well as they only use 3 pounds to operate. I do not think it is very common if at all possible for the TD to break paint, as it will never squish the ball, it merely moves it up a very small amount.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:40 AM #10
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

has been a member for 10 years
The problem with trapdoors is not breaking paint directly. But they "bump" the ball stack.

A traditional bolt is able to be the same size as a paintball, so it can push a paintball into the breech without touching the ball stack.

Trap door schemes, like the Epic, Alien, etc, all had the same problem that the door GREATLY slows down the feed, especially when using different size paints.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:05 PM #11
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

If the trapdoor is scrapped, then how should I go about sealing the feedneck off from air? I could possibly make the trapdoor extremely fast, and start moving right at the trigger pull, and a tiny delay for the noid. The chamber of the gun would be very close to the height of a paintball, im thinking .700, this would allow the trapdoor to barely come in contact with the paintball, and shouldn't slow anything down too much.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:09 PM #12
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Anyways, this is what I have come up with so far. The marker uses the same frame design as the Mini, air going through the frame, electronics go where the reg should be. The air goes through the reg in the frame, into a chamber behind a poppet valve. The poppet valve will release air through the plug, firing the paintball. The poppet will be opened via rammer powered by an attached noid, similar to the Alien design. Now comes the trapdoor, I am still contemplating how to work this to maximize efficiency and speed. Anyone care to help me out here?
Old 08-04-2007, 03:59 PM #13
jonotwist

Annual Supporting Member
now youre gettin somewhere.
one possibility is,
you could directly link the ram/rammer from the door to the poppet as a striker, this way, as the trapdoor closes, the rammer will open the poppet releasing the air,
to better explain, think as if a marq's poppet setup had sex with an epic's trapdoor.

another possibility is to use a spool driven sleeve (with dump chamber behind) to close off the breech, thus giving a boltlless design while providing a decent airflow.
but if this idea is to work there would need to be heavy design considerations with the sleeve, to not make it chop paint at all.

or the possibiliy of a rotating breech. no movement as recoil, except the revolving sleeve.

but either way the trapdoor idea will have the feeding issues that HP lovecraft
pointed out.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:06 AM #14
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

I am not very interested in using a revolving chamber, as it seems useless for paintball purposes. Currently contemplating alternative ways to block the air from entering the feedneck, or a way to make the trapdoor move extremely fast.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:13 PM #15
SPfaucey12

you could somehow use cam arms like in the omen and the cyclone air feed it the a5 to move the cam arms and it shouldnt affect the balls in the feedneck

proud owner of a brand new pmr
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM #16
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Cam arms are moved by the bolt, which I do not have, not to mention it forces a right feed instead of vert feed, it also won't block air from escaping. The A-5 uses a cyclone feed system instead of an electronic hopper, which again won't help me.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:18 PM #17
nenkitsune

Maybe a small ram powered by an ultra low pressure lpr, hooked up to a secondary noid/3way that's timed to the firing cycle?

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
Old 08-07-2007, 04:30 AM #18
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Then I would have to add a whole LPR assembly and secondary noid. Too much space.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:41 AM #19
East Side Factory pb
East What?! East Side

this whole idea seems gay .. and if you make the gun it will be extremely heavy .. y waste your time buildin a peice of crap wen you can buy an ego 7 and mow faces?
My Feedback ^^^^^^
Old 08-07-2007, 04:53 AM #20
BallsOutPaintball03
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Side Factory pb View Post
this whole idea seems gay .. and if you make the gun it will be extremely heavy .. y waste your time buildin a peice of crap wen you can buy an ego 7 and mow faces?
It would be much lighter than your ego 7. I guess not chopping balls and good efficiency is pretty gay, now that I think about it. I honestly see nothing bad about this design. Ego 7, **** no, not today, thank you kindly.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 AM #21
jonotwist

Annual Supporting Member
Just to be a bit clearer, not a revolving chamber as say a revolver,
a rotating breech just 1, that turns say, to open the breech and will allow a ball to fall from the feedneck, then as stated using a spool esque design to let the
breech sleeve rotate enough to allow itself to put the feedneck hole out of alignment with the feedneck and thus sealing off the breech

Last edited by jonotwist : 08-07-2007 at 08:14 AM.