PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 PM #1
TheGiant

Making a raceway for my revvy

I have a few revvys sitting around, and I want to make a raceway for my revvy that has a WAS Turbo board with a JMJ impeller. Right now the motor/board spins the impeller about 2.5-3 times per second as the WAS board is much faster that standard boards. The JMJ impeller has 6 prongs which can hold 6 balls. So theoretically with a proper raceway I could be shooting 15-18 bps. The raceway will hopefully make it semi force fed. I'm basically looking for a consistent 13 from this hopper, but 15 would be awesome.

I am aware of the evo mod for revvys, and I don't want to do that.

I was thinking that the main problem with VL revolutions is the fact that they're still gravity fed, which is about 10-11 max. I have been playing around with making a half dome over the impellers (towards the front of the hopper) to make a semi-raceway and also relieve pressure from all the balls in the hopper. My philosophy is simple is best, and if there's some random part that you can think of (besides the evo mod)

I'll take some pics later if needed.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:27 PM #2
ThatGuy?

cut out part of the shell and fit the evo race way in it
Old 08-07-2007, 06:49 PM #3
fretmelter

what evr happend to the whole besides the race way thing?

WTT:i need your cheap pump.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:50 PM #4
TheGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiant View Post

I am aware of the evo mod for revvys, and I don't want to do that.

My philosophy is simple is best, and if there's some random part that you can think of (besides the evo mod)
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretmelter View Post
what evr happend to the whole besides the race way thing?
What do you mean?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 PM #5
ThatGuy?

just put the raceway in the revvy, probably the simpleast way to make it an egg
Old 08-07-2007, 07:02 PM #6
TheGiant

Double post.

After looking at it more closely, the motor/impeller is towards the back of the hopper, and putting a dome or a raceway would take up too much space. The balls spin in the impeller very well, but sometimes they don't feed due to the centrifical force.

I am now thinking I want to make a "paddle" from lightweight plastic (the type that wraps electronics and is a pain to open) that either hangs from the top or hooks up from the bottom.

This will hopefully guide each ball down the feedneck and spring back after each ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy? View Post
just put the raceway in the revvy, probably the simpleast way to make it an egg
That's a last resort, I don't like the looks of it when its done. I'd rather keep it looking stock.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:30 PM #7
ThatGuy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiant View Post
Double post.

After looking at it more closely, the motor/impeller is towards the back of the hopper, and putting a dome or a raceway would take up too much space. The balls spin in the impeller very well, but sometimes they don't feed due to the centrifical force.

I am now thinking I want to make a "paddle" from lightweight plastic (the type that wraps electronics and is a pain to open) that either hangs from the top or hooks up from the bottom.

This will hopefully guide each ball down the feedneck and spring back after each ball.

That's a last resort, I don't like the looks of it when its done. I'd rather keep it looking stock.
can i have pics of it done? i might do it to my revvy