Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-25-2007, 04:47 PM #22
PaintballTourney2

Just 1 week from today to get your entry $$ in before the amount goes up.

Don't wait till the last minute....
Old 08-27-2007, 10:44 AM #23
PaintballTourney2

Just 5 days left for "Early Registration"
Old 08-27-2007, 03:29 PM #24
PaintballTourney2

Another team added to L2!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:41 PM #25
masterdex
Owner All American PB

Cruel will be at this one!
masterdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:49 PM #26
PaintballTourney2

Got you on the list.

thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM #27
PaintballTourney2

Below is the updated list of teams who have contacted me telling me they are playing. I usually get a lot of teams register at the last minute who don't notify me and get added to this list. If your playing and your not on the list below, email me so I can get a good idea of who'll be there.

thanks!

Dan

Quote:
Official List of Teams Playing Event #4:

Level 1 5Man Open Class:
(With 3 paid teams, payout is $500 Cash for top team)
1) D2X
2) Reagan's Army
3) High Performance
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Level 2 5Man Rookie:
** 1) Alliance (Partial Payment Recieved - Owes $40)
2) Reagan's Army
3) 40 East
4) Natural Selection
5) F5
6) Cruel
7) Truman State University
8) Powerplay Paintball
9) Paranoid
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15) (NEED THIS MANY TEAMS TO GIVE AWAY MINIONS AND PRIZES UP TO 6TH)

Level 3 3Man Beginner:
1) Klub Kidz
2) Retribution
3) Under Achievers
4) SWAT Army
5) F5
6) 316 Legion Gray
7) Bad Intensions
8) Kick'n Army
9) Edge Army Stingers
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15) (NEED THIS MANY TEAMS TO GIVE AWAY PRIZES UP TO 6TH)

Level 4 3Man Newbie:
1) Henchmen (Paid In Full)
2) F5
3) No Mercy (Paid In Full)
4) SWAT Army B
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10) (NEED THIS MANY TEAMS TO GIVE PRIZES UP TO 6TH)
Old 08-28-2007, 04:04 PM #28
PaintballTourney2

Another team added to L4!!! We are half way to getting 10 teams in that level. We reach 10, then that means prizes up to 6th!!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:05 AM #29
nate4444

If anyone knows anyone that can fit the qualifications for level 4, please try and convince them to play. We need some more teams due to the fact some aren't able to make it to this one or is reffing. Like Dan just said, if we get 10 teams to play, then prizes are for the top 6 teams. I garantee they well have a blast. ITs only $110 to play and you only really need 2 cases of paint unless you shoot ALOT of paint. My team has played in all 3 of the events and haven't shot more than two cases. It comes out to be about about 50-60 dollars total between 3 guys depended on the paint you want. So its pretty cheap. So if you have some friends that haven't really played before and are looking into it, here is there chance to play in an event and for a fairly cheap price.
nate4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 AM #30
PaintballTourney2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4444 View Post
If anyone knows anyone that can fit the qualifications for level 4, please try and convince them to play. We need some more teams due to the fact some aren't able to make it to this one or is reffing. Like Dan just said, if we get 10 teams to play, then prizes are for the top 6 teams. I garantee they well have a blast. ITs only $110 to play and you only really need 2 cases of paint unless you shoot ALOT of paint. My team has played in all 3 of the events and haven't shot more than two cases. It comes out to be about about 50-60 dollars total between 3 guys depended on the paint you want. So its pretty cheap. So if you have some friends that haven't really played before and are looking into it, here is there chance to play in an event and for a fairly cheap price.
Ya, what he said
Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 AM #31
PaintballTourney2

2 new teams added.... one to Level 3 and another to Level 2!

Lists are starting to fill up. We need just 3 more teams in L3 to give away prizes up to 6th!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:25 PM #32
bigdaddy39
The One The Only

bigdaddy39 plays in the PSP
bigdaddy39 supports our troops
bigdaddy39 plays in the APPA D4 division
bigdaddy39 supports DLX Technology
This is going to be a great tourny. The feilds are set, got some new bunkers coming in and the others are patched and ready to go. Hope to see a ton of people out at the event.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:59 PM #33
PaintballTourney2

time is running out!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:15 AM #34
UNDERGROUND_PB

Holy crap! get signed up now!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:22 PM #35
PaintballTourney2

10 day forcast for Joplin....

Friday 9/7 = Partly Cloudy, High 82, 10% COR (chance of rain)
Saturday 9/8 = Isolated T-Storms, High 83, 30% COR
Sunday 9/9 = Scattered T-Storms, High 79, 60% COR

Come prepared to get wet!

Dan
Old 09-04-2007, 02:11 PM #36
UNDERGROUND_PB

This weekend will be awesome. Get signed up all you hold outs!!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:13 PM #37
PaintballTourney2

I've updated the "Teams Playing" list. I've taken down all the teams who contacted me weeks ago saying they were going to play, but then never got back w/ me.

As you can see, L1 may get cancelled if a 3rd team doesn't step up.

Also, L2 only has 9 paid teams. This will have an effect on the prize package unless another team steps up.

L3 and L4 are good to go.

I will be out of town all day Wednesday Sept 5th. If your a team wanting to play, do the following...

1) Fill out your MPSID Forms (I won't get your profiles uploaded, but at least I'll have them on file before the event)
2) Fill out a team registration form
3) Submit payment via PayPal (by 6pm Sept 5th)

When I get home tomorrow event, I'm making the game schedules. Please don't contact me Thursday night wanting to play, it will be too late.

If you have any questions, contact me at 316-323-0671. I'll be meetings all day tomorrow so leave a voice mail message and I'll call you back when I get back into town.

thanks,

Dan
Old 09-07-2007, 08:56 AM #38
trip2006

trip2006 plays in the PSP
trip2006 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
trip2006 supports Team VICIOUS
what time does it all start so people can come and see the event?

ThOse
Guys
trip2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 AM #39
PaintballTourney2

Times (Each Day):
- Field Opens at 7:00AM
- Captains Meeting starts at 8:45AM, Games begin shortly after
Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 PM #40
masterdex
Owner All American PB

Great tournament guys! We had a great time. Thank you to Underground, Dan, the refs and the other teams for playing.

Cruel
masterdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:58 PM #41
PaintballTourney2

Well, at event #4 we made MPS History!!! The historical fact that occurred was that it was the first time an MPS event was played in a cave!!! Trust me, this wasn't the plan... the field and myself would have much rather played Saturday's games on the outdoor field considering they've spent the past several months preparing for this event and their setup is awesome (I'll get to more on that later)! However, considering the monsoon that occurred that Saturday morning, we had no choice but to play the 3man levels in the cave. I'm just thankful that the field had a cave and we weren't forced to cancel. Many thanks for the players and their understanding of the situation and many thanks to the field for their hard work in setting up the cave fields in such a short notice.

Before I go into specifics on the tournament itself, let me first give Underground Paintball the props they deserve. You guys have obviously spent a LOT of time, money, and energy on those fields in your preparation for this event... and a job well done! Your fields setup is frieken amazing and professional. Shawn, you are a super nice guy and it was my pleasure meeting you. For anyone who hasn't been out to UGP's facility, I strongly encourage you to do so. Words alone can not describe their setup. Good job guys!

On the tournament itself, this has been the lowest turnout so far in the 07 MPS. We had 3 teams in L1, 10 teams in L2, 11 teams in L3, and 6 teams in L4. I am hoping and praying that the reason for the low turnout was because of the NPPL event in KC in a couple weeks and players are saving their $$ to either play or spend the weekend up there to watch. I hope that the series doesn't do what it did last year.... start off strong and then die down the last 2-3 events. I've said from the beginning of the season that the details of next year depend greatly on what happens this year. Plus after discussing details with Mark from KEE over the weekend, the Series Prizes that we are giving away at event #6 greatly depend on the success of the first 5 events...so please play as many events as you can possibly play. For those teams who have played several events this season and haven't placed in the top 6 of the current level your competing in and you think it is pointless to play in the remainder of the MPS events because you can't compete with the other teams, contact me about the possibility of your team dropping a level. You won't carry over any series points if you do this mid-season, but at least you'll be in a level more your caliber. Every team that does contact me will be looked at on a case by case basis and I will have the final say so if a team can drop depending on the circumstances.

On the games over the weekend. For the most part, things went smoothly considering the rain. There are a few things I would have changed if done again... one of those things is requiring more reffs on the field on Sunday. Part of that is my fault for not requiring enough reffs in the agreement between myself and the field. I believe the agreement requires a minimum of 8 reffs plus a head ref in the agreement for the 5man. Next season I'm going to increase this min. number of refs on the field and demand an ultimate ref walk the sidelines looking for coaching and watching the game as a whole. Had their been more reffs on the field and a sideline ultimate, then one team may have gotten the flag hang they should have received according to their side of the story.

For that team that I mention above regarding the flag hang... (they know who I'm talking about)... I am very sorry for this controversy that didn't go your way. I know it cost you hang points and that it was enough points to not allow you to place as high as you could have placed in the end. I know your mad at me and I'm okay with that because I do take partial responsibility in this controversy because now I know I should have asked for more reffs when writing the field agreement before the season started. Remember, this is only the 2nd full season and I'm still learning how to make this the best series I can possibly make it, but it is going to take time, trial and error, and bad calls before I get things perfected.

It is my understanding that you argued your point with the reffs after the game and the call still stood. Please understand that I can't overturn a reffs call once they made it... especially in this case where I didn't see what happened with my own two eyes. If I did, then that would open a whole new can of worms that I'm not willing to open... ranging from players accusing me of being biased towards a team because I overturned a call on the field...... to every player on every team coming up to me after every game with a complaint and expecting me to overturn a call because I did it once already. Again, I apologize for your mishap and I hope you can forgive and forget for this mishap and I hope you continue playing in the series.

Remember, If any players has any suggestions or constructive criticism on how the series can improve, drop me an email at paintballtourney@cox.net.

For the rest of the teams, I'm going to work on updating the Current Standings tonight along with updating the front page of the MPS website with pictures of the winners. I'll see you at event #5 in October 20/21 in Choctaw, Oklahoma!!!

thanks,

Dan
Old 09-20-2007, 11:45 PM #42
melonhead

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballTourney2 View Post
Well, at event #4 we made MPS History!!! The historical fact that occurred was that it was the first time an MPS event was played in a cave!!! Trust me, this wasn't the plan... the field and myself would have much rather played Saturday's games on the outdoor field considering they've spent the past several months preparing for this event and their setup is awesome (I'll get to more on that later)! However, considering the monsoon that occurred that Saturday morning, we had no choice but to play the 3man levels in the cave. I'm just thankful that the field had a cave and we weren't forced to cancel. Many thanks for the players and their understanding of the situation and many thanks to the field for their hard work in setting up the cave fields in such a short notice.

Before I go into specifics on the tournament itself, let me first give Underground Paintball the props they deserve. You guys have obviously spent a LOT of time, money, and energy on those fields in your preparation for this event... and a job well done! Your fields setup is frieken amazing and professional. Shawn, you are a super nice guy and it was my pleasure meeting you. For anyone who hasn't been out to UGP's facility, I strongly encourage you to do so. Words alone can not describe their setup. Good job guys!

On the tournament itself, this has been the lowest turnout so far in the 07 MPS. We had 3 teams in L1, 10 teams in L2, 11 teams in L3, and 6 teams in L4. I am hoping and praying that the reason for the low turnout was because of the NPPL event in KC in a couple weeks and players are saving their $$ to either play or spend the weekend up there to watch. I hope that the series doesn't do what it did last year.... start off strong and then die down the last 2-3 events. I've said from the beginning of the season that the details of next year depend greatly on what happens this year. Plus after discussing details with Mark from KEE over the weekend, the Series Prizes that we are giving away at event #6 greatly depend on the success of the first 5 events...so please play as many events as you can possibly play. For those teams who have played several events this season and haven't placed in the top 6 of the current level your competing in and you think it is pointless to play in the remainder of the MPS events because you can't compete with the other teams, contact me about the possibility of your team dropping a level. You won't carry over any series points if you do this mid-season, but at least you'll be in a level more your caliber. Every team that does contact me will be looked at on a case by case basis and I will have the final say so if a team can drop depending on the circumstances.

On the games over the weekend. For the most part, things went smoothly considering the rain. There are a few things I would have changed if done again... one of those things is requiring more reffs on the field on Sunday. Part of that is my fault for not requiring enough reffs in the agreement between myself and the field. I believe the agreement requires a minimum of 8 reffs plus a head ref in the agreement for the 5man. Next season I'm going to increase this min. number of refs on the field and demand an ultimate ref walk the sidelines looking for coaching and watching the game as a whole. Had their been more reffs on the field and a sideline ultimate, then one team may have gotten the flag hang they should have received according to their side of the story.

For that team that I mention above regarding the flag hang... (they know who I'm talking about)... I am very sorry for this controversy that didn't go your way. I know it cost you hang points and that it was enough points to not allow you to place as high as you could have placed in the end. I know your mad at me and I'm okay with that because I do take partial responsibility in this controversy because now I know I should have asked for more reffs when writing the field agreement before the season started. Remember, this is only the 2nd full season and I'm still learning how to make this the best series I can possibly make it, but it is going to take time, trial and error, and bad calls before I get things perfected.

It is my understanding that you argued your point with the reffs after the game and the call still stood. Please understand that I can't overturn a reffs call once they made it... especially in this case where I didn't see what happened with my own two eyes. If I did, then that would open a whole new can of worms that I'm not willing to open... ranging from players accusing me of being biased towards a team because I overturned a call on the field...... to every player on every team coming up to me after every game with a complaint and expecting me to overturn a call because I did it once already. Again, I apologize for your mishap and I hope you can forgive and forget for this mishap and I hope you continue playing in the series.

Remember, If any players has any suggestions or constructive criticism on how the series can improve, drop me an email at paintballtourney@cox.net.

For the rest of the teams, I'm going to work on updating the Current Standings tonight along with updating the front page of the MPS website with pictures of the winners. I'll see you at event #5 in October 20/21 in Choctaw, Oklahoma!!!

thanks,

Dan
Dan,
This is Billy (or Jim as you liked to call me) who was the ultimate. The team complaining about the hang tried to hang it at 5:20. They shot the last guy and there was some arguing there, and in the confusion they didn't try and hang until after the time had ran out. In the chaos at the end i didn't immediately notify everyone that the game was over. My mistake. After the game they stated there case, and I told them why they weren't getting the hang. In all reality they probably got an extra elimination out of the deal, not the missed flag hang they are alleging.
melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups