Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM #43
paintball32

Ok 11 years of electronic repair...

1. CO2 will not conduct when in liquid form.. water only conducts when there are impurities. Deionized water will not conduct period.. most liquids in a pure state are not good conductors.
2. I agree that the board in the marker will never get hot enough to benefit from co2 cooling.
3. Liquid CO2 is only cold when it flashes into a gas.. and i would happen so fast that the liquid would never come into contact with the board anyway.

4. sorry for flaming but some of you really don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Physics, and gas laws.... learn them before you make uninformed comments.

R.I.P. 7/29/07
paintball32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2007, 02:36 PM #44
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
So basically, you decided to dig up a two week old thread so you could reiterate four points that have already been made by previous posters so you can impress us all with your exemplary understanding of physics and gas laws? Well bravo then - well done.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:37 PM #45
nenkitsune

that's with liquids though. dry ice (solid) would help pretty well. but only with extreme computer overclocking. Liquid nitrogen tends to work better. the problem with liquid co2, is that liquid co2 is only a liquid under pressure. it'll instantly flash into gases and solids.

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 PM #46
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball32 View Post
3. Liquid CO2 is only cold when it flashes into a gas.. and i would happen so fast that the liquid would never come into contact with the board anyway.
Route it so it flashes to gas near the board. its not exactly rocket science.

My gas flashs to gas in the barrel, thus the frozen barrel:

If this was really an issue, then it would simply be an issue of plumbing

nick
hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 PM #47
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffMike View Post
plus C02 is heavy. and nobody likes extra weight.

when you fill a C02 tank you add a whole extra pound plus.
actually, c02 is a far better gas if you think about wight.

per unit of mass (ounce in this case), c02 has far more energy than a comparable ounce of air at 4500 PSI.

this is becuase co2 goes though a phase change from the tank to the gun, from liquid to gas. and this phase change contains ALOT of energy, and so an ounce of liquid co2 has alot more energy in it than an ounce of 4500 PSI air.

its easy to see how this is true. i used to use a 68/4500 on a cocker of mine. i used to get about 1700 shots per fill on it. fairly good right? with a 20 ounce co2, i could get over 2200 shots.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:54 PM #48
Malystryx
A G D

Paintball boards hardly get hot. Not to mention Co2 doesn't go through the board, Co2 only goes through the 'noid, which it doesn't even go through the board on the solenoid.
Malystryx is offline   Reply With Quote