PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 AM #1
empiretippmann

My Evo

I really love my evo but i want to make it a little nicer the stuff i want for sure is a new reg, feedneck, and trigger but i was thinking about a new bolt, detents, and maybe a new valve here i my dilemma i dont know which are the best

here is a list of the stuff im looking at in each catagory

Reg - detonator, or something like it in the price range
Feedneck - Shocktech pretty sure its the one for me
Trigger - the ER, FBM, or if someone could please get me some pics of the new betterone triggers that would be awsome
Bolt - alamo ciy lowblow, or the boss
Detents - the boss heavy duty, will these really help my gun any
Valve - the turbo valve, what will it acctually do for my gun will it make it more efficent and will i still be able to use co2

thanks for all the help in advance one more question when i buy detents do i need two of them or just one and the bolt has to be a evo bolt right
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2007, 09:12 AM #2
SkyLoaf
Woo

it would be better just to get a new gun man, like an ion, unless you got a higher price range, but you will need a hopper and HPA also for an ion. well you dont need hpa but very reccomended, i know this is probably what you didnt want to hear but its a reccomendation from me lol
Old 08-06-2007, 09:47 AM #3
Mr Virus
BREATH DEEPLY!!

has been a member for 10 years
The Detonator will be a good choice.

Theres ALOT of different feednecks on the market.
"Locking" would have to be the only imperative.
Shocktech is also a good choice.

Ive got to recommend the Boss Blade 2 for the trigger.
Ill admit, its not the prettiest trigger on the market, but once tuned itll transform your EVO into a whole new shooter!

Also...the Boss Bolt is my choice for a bolt upgrade.
Go with the EVO style, to ensure you get the flushcocking, and its milled for the dual detents.

The Boss detents will cure any problems you may have with double feeding.
They also tend to last longer than the softer style detents.
...and YES, youll need two of them.

As for the "turbo valve"...this upgrade isnt necessary.
Concerning the EVO, it may be more of a liability when it comes to the guns performance.
The stock EVO valve is your best bet as far as valve bodies go, and can be further complimented with the addition of a higher flowing valve pin.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:52 AM #4
empiretippmann

thanks Mr Virus but when you say higher flow valve pin you mean the one that is sold on boss paintball right or is there a diffrent one
Old 08-06-2007, 11:20 AM #5
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
umm, skyloaf, aren't you the guy who was wondering whether or not elbow grease was a good lube for your ion in the ion boards?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2297456
Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 PM #6
paintballer0075
Thats what she said

paintballer0075 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
he got pwned
Old 08-06-2007, 01:20 PM #7
Mr Virus
BREATH DEEPLY!!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by empiretippmann View Post
...you mean the one that is sold on boss paintball right or is there a diffrent one
Nope...thats the one!...SPECIFICALLY the full bore max would be my choice.
You still get the advantage of a high flow pin, without the wasted air pressure going towards recock.
This will allow you to lower your operating pressure somewhat as well.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:10 PM #8
empiretippmann

nice fishballer
Old 08-07-2007, 05:32 AM #9
4x4le

You seem interested in using your evo for a while. I used mine for a while and I wish I upgraded it more while I used it frequently. My bolt seemed to like to cut the detents. I have bought enough detents I could have justified sending it to Ross (the boss) and having him do a detent mod to it which would have allowed me to use GOOD shocktec detents on it.
I would recommend a trinity feedneck.
I would also go with a boss bolt as he uses a higer grade derlin than most paintball companies care to use, this prevents swelling. I have the original design boss blade trigger, and I have 2 friends that use the bb2, which is basically the same design only thinner on the back side which makes it lighter for a faster return and less chance for bounce. I would leave the valve alone unless you wanted to go for the new valve pin. The evil detonator is a good choice! I have 2 of them and I love them!! Best reg IMO! I know the evo is supposed to use oil instead of grease but I use lurker lube on mine and I notice better consistency and it raised my fps by 25!!!
AVOID ALL T-BOARD CRAP!!!! I know you didnt say anything about it but just let me warn you, they aint worth messing with!
If your planning on keeping you evo for a little while, I would recommend doing all these mods right away because that way you get your moneys worth out of them. Also, I got a spring kit to make it even more adjustable.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 PM #10
empiretippmann

thanks 4x4 you were very helpful i think im going with pretty much all boss stuff and maybe a trinity feedneck it has to be impulse thread right
Old 08-07-2007, 10:23 PM #11
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
yes, impulse/ion/shocker/piranha/they're all the same when it come to the feedneck
Old 08-07-2007, 10:37 PM #12
empiretippmann

thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 03:53 AM #13
4x4le

Just call the boss and ask him what he would charge to do a detent mod for you. That way you never have to replace them.