Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-19-2007, 08:36 AM #85
Skillet42565
99 problems. All *****es.

Skillet42565 is an NCPA player
Skillet42565 plays in the APPA D5 division
Snido is right about staying down below Mason-Dixon line. The south is fairly tempermental in the spring. PBC could easily accomodate Nationals.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:32 PM #86
OddsSuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snido View Post
im still back with PBC Charlotte/Greesboro or Florida. Pretty much nothin north of the MD line is going to be good come april, Vegas is going to be 2 expensive for food and hotels and other amenities plus the conditions mentioned by Deimus, I mean if we could find something more central thatd be great but Chi town is out and no1 wants to go to Texas. So besides that where else can we go that is going to be paintball friendly, wallet friendly, and entertainment friendly? And I say entertainment friendly only bc we are college kids and if we dont have some entertainment we will prob make some, and I'm sure no1 is going to like the results...
Have you ever been to vegas? Vegas expects you to blow your money gambling, so things like food and lodging are relatively cheap.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:27 PM #87
ELuSiVe1151

has been a member for 10 years
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the PSP
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
now this is all my opinion but personally i dont care where we go. its nationals and it only happens once a year, and college paintball is the only couple of years you get to represent your school on the field. so i'm willing to TRY to make the financial sacrifice. it would be nice to have good fields, but if they suck then oh well, if you've been practicing then you can deal with it. we as paintballers dont let **** like that get in our way. i feel like a noob blaming the field when i lose but thats just me.

and yes vegas is expensive if you dont stop urself from putting $20 on black every 18 minutes. gambling is really the only place where you kill your cash, so just get food and dont go to those stupid shows and you'll be fine.

its not like we're goin there tho so i dont even know why we're dwelling on it.
The Grind Continues!!!
Empossible Sports - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB
Old 08-19-2007, 04:29 PM #88
OddsSuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELuSiVe1151 View Post
now this is all my opinion but personally i dont care where we go. its nationals and it only happens once a year, and college paintball is the only couple of years you get to represent your school on the field. so i'm willing to TRY to make the financial sacrifice. it would be nice to have good fields, but if they suck then oh well, if you've been practicing then you can deal with it. we as paintballers dont let **** like that get in our way. i feel like a noob blaming the field when i lose but thats just me.

and yes vegas is expensive if you dont stop urself from putting $20 on black every 18 minutes. gambling is really the only place where you kill your cash, so just get food and dont go to those stupid shows and you'll be fine.

its not like we're goin there tho so i dont even know why we're dwelling on it.
I agree. Vegas is not really an option...
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM #89
Snido
VT Alumni

Snido plays in the PSP
Snido is an NCPA player
Snido plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddsSuck View Post
I agree. Vegas is not really an option...
Demographically its kind of stupid anyways, thats why Texas was such a bad choice bc not as many teams as used to show up there did do to the unaffordability of making the trip there. The cheapest flight to LV is like 380 per person from the east coast, and thats if i book it right now...I mean hell if we have to be even more centralized then the we can do it in Richmond at Richmond Paintball Park, they have 5 fields i think thatll do us, not to mention itll be in Richmond so there will plenty to do, plenty of hotels, and its right near the airport. Or even Pevs, their paint is the ****, given they have fewer fields but still. Yes yes I know all the nay sayers are going to say "you are in Va thats why you want it there," kiss my ***...VA is the middle of the East Coast so we are close to the NEIC, which I hate to say it is basically the core of the NCPA. There is no solid west coast div so to cater to them would be to hurt the rest of us, I mean i dont wanna be an *** but thats the logistics of it. Not to mention that NOT EVERY SCHOOL HERE GETS SCHOOL SUPPORT; some of you have that notion stuck in ur head, its not true...BTW oddsuck which school do u play for, yes it matters, not only does it establish that u r in fact one of us; but it helps to show the rest of us what ur agenda is, bc we all have one.
Feedback
Old 08-19-2007, 09:12 PM #90
Snido
VT Alumni

Snido plays in the PSP
Snido is an NCPA player
I forgot to mention the MW in my post, my bad; but i figure either way yall are gettin screwed bc ur most of you are in the Northern bit of the states so you wont really have a choice in driving or flying, or for that matter really even hosting...so yea, i mean if yall have feasible ideas throw them up fo sho, but i cant really see any.
Feedback
Old 08-19-2007, 09:34 PM #91
Skipperdawg
Go Big or Go Homo

Skipperdawg is a Paintball photographer
Skipperdawg plays in the PSP
Skipperdawg supports Team VICIOUS
Skipperdawg is an NCPA player
Skipperdawg is Legendary
I say PBC. Average high of 74 in April and also April has the least amount of rain out off all the months. http://www.weather.com/outlook/healt...nthly/USSC0292

RIP SkipsPics - I'll Miss You Vicious - Photomob
Jerky Bob Fan Club - WVU Paintball - PPSC
Greensburg Distortion MXL #3 - Eastern Conf Champs 2009 We Came, We Won, They Canceled the League
My Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1461486
Old 08-19-2007, 09:44 PM #92
BryceatOU

BryceatOU is a Supporting Member
BryceatOU is an NCPA player
BryceatOU plays in the APPA D4 division
I'd totally be down for SC. Warm, on the East, No airport overhead.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:29 PM #93
psujulius
PSU Paintball

Carolinas would prob be the best, GA ftw also.
Penn State Paintball #07

Sponsored by:
Smart Parts
Compulsive Paintball
KEE
Old 08-19-2007, 11:07 PM #94
OddsSuck

Quote:
Demographically its kind of stupid anyways, thats why Texas was such a bad choice bc not as many teams as used to show up there did do to the unaffordability of making the trip there. The cheapest flight to LV is like 380 per person from the east coast, and thats if i book it right now...I mean hell if we have to be even more centralized then the we can do it in Richmond at Richmond Paintball Park, they have 5 fields i think thatll do us, not to mention itll be in Richmond so there will plenty to do, plenty of hotels, and its right near the airport. Or even Pevs, their paint is the ****, given they have fewer fields but still. Yes yes I know all the nay sayers are going to say "you are in Va thats why you want it there," kiss my ***...VA is the middle of the East Coast so we are close to the NEIC, which I hate to say it is basically the core of the NCPA. There is no solid west coast div so to cater to them would be to hurt the rest of us, I mean i dont wanna be an *** but thats the logistics of it. Not to mention that NOT EVERY SCHOOL HERE GETS SCHOOL SUPPORT; some of you have that notion stuck in ur head, its not true...BTW oddsuck which school do u play for, yes it matters, not only does it establish that u r in fact one of us; but it helps to show the rest of us what ur agenda is, bc we all have one.
New member of SCU Broncos. Current student of E bowers aka yoda aka big sexy.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:43 PM #95
Snido
VT Alumni

Snido plays in the PSP
Snido is an NCPA player
Ill assume SGT is Santa Clara as well then, thank you
Feedback
Old 08-20-2007, 02:38 AM #96
OddsSuck

Quote:
Ill assume SGT is Santa Clara as well then, thank you
No he's not... That information however, remains available to all those that can read.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:44 AM #97
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties

pa1ntball 56 plays in the PSP
pa1ntball 56 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pa1ntball 56 is an NCPA player
pa1ntball 56 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Hollywood View Post
that's funny...you guys say swell also?

why would it matter what college i'm from? Does that change anything? Depending on what school I go to determine whether or not I'm allowed to speak up against someone who likes to talk s*** to other people on here? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If people don't like being made to look stupid, then i suggest they don't do the same to others.

smile, everything is going to be ok.
maybe if we knew who you were, and you were actually going to be playing college nationals we would respect your opinion a little more, since 15 year old kids can hide behind a keyboard as well, and suggest bogus spots for us to pay to go play.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:49 AM #98
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

griffon252 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa1ntball 56 View Post
maybe if we knew who you were, and you were actually going to be playing college nationals we would respect your opinion a little more, since 15 year old kids can hide behind a keyboard as well, and suggest bogus spots for us to pay to go play.
i never got an answer either. I think he is west coast.
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:57 AM #99
Deimus™
lsols

Deimus™ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'd be down for PBC Charlotte.

Feedback
on the frontlines of epic battles
Old 08-20-2007, 10:03 AM #100
Snido
VT Alumni

Snido plays in the PSP
Snido is an NCPA player
Raehl whats the feasibility of doing it at PBC Charlotte? I mean price wise and whatnot, i wouldnt think it would be too bad considering the SE had its first event there last year, granted it was PSP MAO but meh...
Feedback
Old 08-20-2007, 10:17 AM #101
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

griffon252 is a Supporting Member
I think the main worry he has is the weather. Look at how MAO was this year, rainy, nasty right?
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:23 AM #102
Snido
VT Alumni

Snido plays in the PSP
Snido is an NCPA player
yea but that was May we are talking about early April
Not to mention that April and May are the 2 months with the least precip (going by skipperdawgs link) I think MAO was a fluke storm truthfully.
Feedback

Last edited by Snido : 08-20-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM #103
Skipperdawg
Go Big or Go Homo

Skipperdawg is a Paintball photographer
Skipperdawg plays in the PSP
Skipperdawg supports Team VICIOUS
Skipperdawg is an NCPA player
Skipperdawg is Legendary
http://www.weather.com/outlook/healt...nthly/USTX0327 <-------- Dallas' weather averages.

Dallas has a greater chance of rain than Rock Hill does.

RIP SkipsPics - I'll Miss You Vicious - Photomob
Jerky Bob Fan Club - WVU Paintball - PPSC
Greensburg Distortion MXL #3 - Eastern Conf Champs 2009 We Came, We Won, They Canceled the League
My Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1461486
Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 AM #104
OddsSuck

Quote:
He's not 15.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:58 AM #105
SGT Hollywood

Quote:
lol. I know it's tough to click on the persons name and read their profile...honestly.

USD Paintball #13