PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 PM #1
AdamTaylor
Get Some!

Need a gun stand

any sugestions? i want to stay away from the basic pvc type. i just bought a dm7 so i need it to look good and be stable
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 PM #2
THE_KIZ

uh look on ebay, they have a couple for sale
"DM6 VS NXT?"
Originally posted by bluearmy900
"that dm6 will eat the NXT for breakfast. dm6 mows babies NXT gets pooped on by babies"
Old 08-02-2007, 01:51 PM #3
Astar
TimClan E-Cookie Monster

then make one out out wood or aluminum or the easiest pvc why would you not want pvc its easy and is very stable once glued

edit: performance before looks...
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 PM #4
protokid1453
rhapsodie hongroises

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astar View Post

edit: performance before looks...
Yeah, but he wants his gun stand to complement his sexy DM7
Old 08-02-2007, 02:07 PM #5
Fizzo
Fizzowned

Get a stanky crib... they are teh awesome. But seriously they are really nice and provide full stability for your marker. The pipe crap ones cause your marker to fall over and crash with just a little tip or touch the wrong way. Stanky FTW

Feedback 14+/0-

Old 08-02-2007, 02:09 PM #6
proto man ftw
wtf is a shnukems

proto man ftw is playing at Living Legends III
proto man ftw owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
proto man ftw supports Team VICIOUS
I feel like having ur marker on a stand is like saying "Hey come steal my gun"

lol.

back on track if u make it correctly one out of pvc should be very stable
Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 PM #7
THE_KIZ

uh metal and a blow torch?
"DM6 VS NXT?"
Originally posted by bluearmy900
"that dm6 will eat the NXT for breakfast. dm6 mows babies NXT gets pooped on by babies"
Old 08-02-2007, 02:26 PM #8
Proto324
Hydroponic

http://www.freewebs.com/paintballgunstands4less/
this guy sells different types of stands..check him out
Empire Intimidator
Old 08-02-2007, 02:53 PM #9
Fizzo
Fizzowned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto324 View Post
http://www.freewebs.com/paintballgunstands4less/
this guy sells different types of stands..check him out
Wow... advertise you or your friend's crappy scam site more please...

Feedback 14+/0-

Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 PM #10
AdamTaylor
Get Some!

keep em coming please
Old 08-02-2007, 03:47 PM #11
Astar
TimClan E-Cookie Monster

lol they look like pvc..i could go and copy your design for less than buying from you...
Old 08-02-2007, 04:06 PM #12
Tybalt81

Tybalt81 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just make it outa pvc and paint it like a metallic color to match ur marker.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 AM #13
NadeMagnet

Just cause it's made from pvc doesn't mean it has to look bad or be unstable. Heres one I made for around 15 total including paint, and I still have enough material left over to make around half a stand

Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 AM #14
AdamTaylor
Get Some!

any other?
Old 08-03-2007, 05:30 PM #15
eclipseballa77

just put up sides to the pvc and it works fine
#30 Neil Eberle fan
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=306160
^^^^FEEDBACK^^^^
Old 08-03-2007, 05:56 PM #16
ogliquidmetal
¬.¬

ogliquidmetal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ogliquidmetal supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NadeMagnet View Post
Just cause it's made from pvc doesn't mean it has to look bad or be unstable. Heres one I made for around 15 total including paint, and I still have enough material left over to make around half a stand

Thats so siiiiick dude ! Make me a write up ya ?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:23 PM #17
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzo View Post
Get a stanky crib... they are teh awesome. But seriously they are really nice and provide full stability for your marker. The pipe crap ones cause your marker to fall over and crash with just a little tip or touch the wrong way. Stanky FTW
i agree and think the pro players do as well. i've seen plenty of them at tourneys such as the world cup and super7. i suspect this guy thinks you're pulling his leg since he's still asking for suggestions. i think the guy's not that well known because he chosen a silly name for his company....stanky lol

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
Old 08-04-2007, 08:55 AM #18
AdamTaylor
Get Some!

yeah, the name doesnt make it sound like a serious company that will be around for long to back up their product
Old 08-04-2007, 09:13 AM #19
AdamTaylor
Get Some!

really looking for a Hayden Fraser Gun Stand stateside. there was someone selling them on nation a few months back but that thread is gone
Old 08-04-2007, 04:27 PM #20
NadeMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogliquidmetal View Post
Thats so siiiiick dude ! Make me a write up ya ?
Thanks Thats like the 50th complament I've gotten . Lol no write up is needed. I just sat on the floor of home depot for all of about 5-10 min with a bunch of elbow pieces to get the rough shape in my head and then went home and put it together, but since you asked here you go.

What you'll need to make one like mine. All pieces are 1 inch pvc by the way.
4 90 degree elbows (all for stand)
2 90 degree elbows with 1 male 1 female ends (thats the back part of the tank rest to get it to fit into the adapter)
2 45 degree elbows (barrel neck)(works better then a normal neck cause you can off set the slant inside the hopper to fully fill it without having to pick it up)
6 T pieces (1 cut in half for the barrel. 1 cut down to slim the pod holder)
10 3 way 90 degree elbows (2 for stand 8 for pod holder)
10 3 way adapters (for some reason no one makes a 3 way with all 3 ends the same. 1 end allways has a thread inside so you can drill it out but it's far more easier to just buy the adapters)
1 standard length pvc pipe (think most sell standard lengths at 6 ft or maybee it was 8. Eighther way it's way more then enough)
1 standard legnth of pvc pipe insulation.
1 partrige in a pear tree.
1 can high gloss spray paint.

I'm not going to give you the dementions cause it's irrelivant to the design and actually was sized with an assembled spyder electra. (Shut up everyone was a newb at one point. I really did think it would shoot 30 bps )If you noticed that the barrel in the pics doesn't sit completely flush on the neck, it's cause of that. In fact if I had it to do over I'd shorten the legnth by around 5-8 inches and not glue the barrel neck so it could be adjusted to fit different markers better.
You should be able to see how to assemble from the pics. What you can't see well in the pics is that the adapters have a hexagon on the outside of them. That pissed me off when I found out no one makes 3 ways with all the same ends inside them and it almost made me scrap the design cause I wanted all attachements to be uniform. I'm glad I didn't cause after I painted and espicially with the 8 on the pod holder so close together it still makes it look pretty uniform. Something else thats hard to see is that their is pipe insulation around the tank rest not just the pod holder. Since spray painting foam is not a good way to get you paint to stay, the pipe insulation is wraped in electrical tape. I know that's cheesy but if you take your time and wrap it slow you can make it look good, and it also then takes on the properties of a pad, almost like a boxing glove. You also have to cut down some of both sides of the T piece on the pod holder to get it small enough that the pipe insulation touches the pods. Everything else is just normaly cut to size and put together. Hope this helps.

Last edited by NadeMagnet : 08-04-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:31 PM #21
NadeMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamorte View Post
i agree and think the pro players do as well. i've seen plenty of them at tourneys such as the world cup and super7. i suspect this guy thinks you're pulling his leg since he's still asking for suggestions. i think the guy's not that well known because he chosen a silly name for his company....stanky lol
I'd agree that that looks nice and a couple of regulars at my local field has them so I've seen them up close, but
1. It's 40 freaking dollars not including shipping and it's just a stand.
2. It can't help to fully fill a marker cause it sits level. If you have to pick up the end of the marker with one hand and poor with the other it defeats the purpose of a stand in my opinion. The whole reason I built mine was to stop dumping paint all over when I go to fill. With as long as I've had mine it's payed for itself in paint saved over 2 if not 3 times the cost it cost me to make it.
2. When you make one you can add things to it like a pod holder. Sky and imagination are the limit.
3. Making one out as the other guy put it "crap" pipe in no way means it has to be unstable. If it's unstable it's been made to narrow or too tall. Even if you f up a complete stand you can make another one and still not spend 40+. Mine is very stable. One day a kid was walking by my table and he tripped and fell and hit it. It jarred the table around 2 feet sending 3 markers to the gravel. Their owners were pissed. The scared look on the kids face was classic. My pm6 however just rocked a bit and the stand itself slid about a foot. I'm trusting my 1400+ marker setup to my stand with no worries.
4. Many pro players don't have to buy their markers and can afford to waste money. The ones that don't have gun sponsors probably don't have much time between holding a job a flying around country/world to make one so it's easier to buy.

You guys are certainly entitled to your opinions but I just don't see the justification in buying what you can easily, cheaply, and customly make yourself. Same goes for rip drive knobs.