I signed , we should get everyone on pbreview to sign
Old 08-19-2007, 07:24 PM #23
linty

has been a member for 10 years
linty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
linty is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUGhost View Post
The biggest problem with paintball in Xgames is that the Xgames is owned by Disney. Disney in fact owns all of the rights to the activity's performed there and aired on TV. If you watch carefully on the people invited to the Xgames they are all attached to Disney in some way or another. Be it through a sponsor or other dealings. (IE Tony hawk with his video game line)

In order for Xball or Paintball in general to get into the Xgames, Disney would have to buy the rights to Xball or to the teams that competed, and since the teams are currently owned by companies inside paintball, that isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

Individuals are different, since they technically own themselves. So they "Rent" themselve to Disney in exchange for the media time, and sponsorship.

So either, Disney would have to see a reason to own a paintball team or more, OR we'd have to have a mass exisdous of the pro's from the Pro teams so they could be indivisually sponsored by disney in order to attend.....
Im not sure if everyone at the X games is invited, I know it used to be that there would be qualifying events in which the top 10 or 15 may get the invite. But if you think about it Disney has already been somewhat connected to paintball in the way of the World Cup being hosted there since at least 2002 and the fact that X ball has already been on Espn though with mixed results.

GEARBAG SALE(PRO JERSEY,HK GEAR ETC)
Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 PM #24
PSUGhost
Penn State Paintball

PSUGhost is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PSUGhost is an NCPA player
PSUGhost plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by linty View Post
Im not sure if everyone at the X games is invited, I know it used to be that there would be qualifying events in which the top 10 or 15 may get the invite. But if you think about it Disney has already been somewhat connected to paintball in the way of the World Cup being hosted there since at least 2002 and the fact that X ball has already been on Espn though with mixed results.
Yes there are qualifying events for the local talent to be able to enter, but when you think about it, these qualifying events are for events that Sponsored athletes already compete in. So it's mostly just filling in the ranks to make for a good show.

As far as Disney's involvement so far, they siply rent us the property for World Cup, they don't give it to us for free or anything. And I may be wrong but I beleive the PSP had to pay ESPN for the air time through advertising sales that they did on their own...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:09 PM #25
martinFrostad

yessss