PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-05-2003, 12:47 PM #1
CoryR

has been a member for 10 years
Midwest Shootout Sucked!!

Like the title reads it sucked big time. Where to I start with so little time.

We booked our hotel rooms of the recomendation from the Huskerpaintball website. When we get to the field our teammates that are already ther say that the hotel is to bad to stay in and that there are hoodlems and prostitutes all over. I am thinking that they must be exagerating so we go to check in anyway. They were not exagerating. We were actualy solicited by a prostitue, and not a good looking one.

The Amature cash prize was advertised as $3000. When we got there we were informed that there wasn't enough teams in the division and there would be a 100% payback. Which is fine with 6 teams paying $350 each the prize should be $2100. Not a problem since it said on the flyer that there had to be 12 teams to get the $3K. It wouldn't have been a problem except for 2 things. We got an email from Val a few days before saying there were 30 teams in the Amature division. Seems like alot but at least it is over 12. Actualy there were 6 so he was only off by 24. Thene the cash prize turned out to be only $500.

Then there was the reffing. I wonder if everyone got screwed as bad as we did. I don't have time to post everything now but that will follow. The refs on field 2 were pretty good. We didn't have many problems there. The refs on field 1 were horible. Seemed like they had it in for us or maybee they did just suck that bad.

The weather was nice on saturday and sucked on sunday. We quit playing on saturday at 4 pm with 4 1/2 hours of daylight left. Most teams only had to play 2 more games. Val why didn't we just keep playing untile it got dark? The tournament could have ended on saturday before the bad weather.

I will post more later if need be but in summary:

1) Val is an idiot and should not host any more tournaments! We won't be back next year.

2) The reffing on field 1 sucked the big donkey!

Jack Duds Factory
http://www.actionjackspaintball.com/actionjackspaintball/jack_duds.htm

http://www.actionjackspaintball.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2003, 02:11 PM #2
rman

when you say field one you mean tc field right?
and what did they that was so horrible
Old 05-05-2003, 03:49 PM #3
NEBRASKABALLER69

IT WASNT VALS TOURNAMENT, IT WAS DANAS TOURNAMENT OFF OF KAOS. DONT DISS VAL ON THE TOURNY. Val Runs VERY well run tournaments. Ask other teams.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:50 PM #4
tonybpimpin2

Are you on drugs??

Where do I start? I got a similar e-mail from Val on how many teams were attending the day prior to the tourney and it didnt say 30 amature teams it said 30 teams total which there were 28? He also stated that over half the teams were rookie so I think you misread your e-mail< 1st point 2nd point> Our team was watching a few of the games with your players and it seemed that a few..like the one with the potty mouth did not like to get pulled when shot..we watched your one player koon?? play on with a hit that covered half his goggle till the ref jumped on him (did you see the kids at the tourney great perception of paintball they now have with cheating and foul language). Your not the one with the bad mouth who likes to fight with refs are you? Or could you be the guy who likes to play on?? 3rd point as for the cash prize...I think 1st got a total of way over a thousand in cash and prizes and he paid through 4th with 6 teams so what are you crying about??? Val puts on and put on a GREAT tourney despite all the weather circumstances and his refs did the best they could game after game so quit "dissin" as they say. Did you see how muddy those refs were...HAHAHA!!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:55 PM #5
Legacy
Design Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Re: Midwest Shootout Sucked!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CoryR
We were actualy solicited by a prostitue, and not a good looking one.

So did Peterson pay for her service?
Old 05-05-2003, 07:12 PM #6
HOOP397

Shoot out sucked

How can people lie so much in the sport of paintball. To come out and say 30,000 in cash and goods to give out what a joke. We call 3 times to see how things were going and all we heard was good news. Someone had a big big dream and let alot of people down. If you say you or having this big f****** tournament stick to your word dont take it out on the teams that came and played. If we new that only a hand full of teams were going to be their and the pay out was going down by the game thats B***s***. Most of the teams would not of showed. this type of tournament is what gives paintball a bad name thats to bad last time we go to NEB SHOOT OUT. Thanks to the teams that did show SPANK.LOCK AND LOAD, PUSH,CONNECTION hope to see you at a good tournament like KC at the end of the month.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:12 PM #7
CoryR

Tonybpimpen2: I don't know what you are smoking. I am sure that we are not the only ones bothered by the fact that Val lied to use on a number of ocasions.

I agree that Towlie should not have thrown the fit he did. However you can only take so much. The refs were screwing us all day long. The team I was on had 2 games decided by very bad calls. Just ask Nebraska Reign.

Jack Duds Factory
http://www.actionjackspaintball.com/actionjackspaintball/jack_duds.htm

http://www.actionjackspaintball.com
Old 05-05-2003, 08:23 PM #8
Booya39
STORK

Booya39 is a Supporting Member
Booya39 is a founding member
Booya39 is a Professional paintball player
Was this the Lock n' Load from Chicago?

If you think school is hard, try being stupid.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:17 PM #9
tonybpimpin2

Theres always some teams at a tournament that think the refs are out to get them and go away mad..I guess your one of those guys on those teams. I do agree there were a few bad calls but that happens. Id like to see this e-mail you say he (Val) sent if you dont mind. tonyboutandabout@hotmail.com..other than that im not going to argue with you on a forum.... so childish. As for the prize package I figure its a numbers games with paint sales..with 2 amatures in each division shooting up rooks and novices theres minimal paint sales...both our amature games were over in less than 2 minutes and you guys need to only shoot us rookies in the back once when you run past thank you I have 7 welts on my back from the am games alone And as for smokin I cant yet..Im only 17 but Im dying to try them >get it dyin to try them
Old 05-06-2003, 03:55 PM #10
NEBRASKABALLER69

for the second time, THIS WAS NOT VAL GOMEZ (OWNER OF HUSKER) TOURNAMENT, HE DID NOT RUN IT, HE HELPED OUT WITH THE AIR, HE DID NOT REF, ICU RATTLE SNAKES DID AND I THINK SOME OTHER TEAM, SO DO NOT BLAME VAL FOR THE MISTAKES IN THIS TOURMENT. IF YOU SHOULD BLAME ANYONE BLAME DANA OFF OF KAOS, SO GET OFF VALS BACK. HE RUNS VVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY Y WELL TOURNAMENTS.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:25 PM #11
Sporty 86
U Talkin to ME!?

She can tell you pay to get it anyway............
Old 05-09-2003, 08:26 PM #12
Sporty 86
U Talkin to ME!?

Also you didnt say you turned her down???????????????
Old 05-09-2003, 08:27 PM #13
Sporty 86
U Talkin to ME!?

Or was she cost $550.00 and you could only win $500.00????????????