Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-28-2007, 09:48 PM #1
usa_patriot (Banned)
the^return

best upgrades for r6

im thinking of putting some upgrades for my r6

i have like $30 bucks i need some things to put on it so far i have an expansion chamber and the stock barrel with a 4 inch adapter but im keeping the barrel shoots accurate enough and i have a progressive that is thrown in my room so any upgrade ideas
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2007, 09:51 AM #2
usa_patriot (Banned)
the^return

help please
Old 07-29-2007, 01:02 PM #3
SuperAwesomeRofl (Banned)
Rofl

diffinatley get an asa, and a trigger.

those are what im going to get for my evo when i have some money
Old 07-29-2007, 02:56 PM #4
steveschmucker2005
yep, it's a piranha !

if its an eforce, get a new trigger. maybe a delrin bolt
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 PM #5
da_shizzle

read stickies
Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 PM #6
Dead_Body

Most of the best upgrades are free or just cost you some materials. If it's a mechanical trigger then polishing the tip of the sear that catches the lip of the hammer and also polishing that lip will go a long way to reducing the trigger pull effort and make the pull smoother. Drilling and installing a setscrew as a trigger travel stop will all but eliminate the post firing trigger travel that is part of the regular trigger. That makes the trigger travel a LOT shorter and makes it easier to fire faster.

With your $30 I'd invest in a delrin Boss bolt. The lighter delrin bolt reduces the kick by quite a bit. It won't make it super smooth but it makes it nicer while still retaining a bit of kick to let you know you're shooting something worthwhile... But if you're not planning on keeping your R6 for a long time then I'd save your money for the next marker.

Frankly I love my own R6. It's been upgraded with my own made delrin bolt and I use a Lapco barrel on it. As part of the delrin bolt mod I made it so it accepts the flush cocking back pin so it's not hitting me in the mask. The thing shoots sweet and consistent with decent paint and the remaining kick is enough to let me use a gravity feed Archon hopper and have zero chops regardless of how fast I pull the trigger.

My next mod is to use it with a red dot sight so my first shots are already zeroed in on target as best as possible. It won't guarantee a hit since paintballs are not that precise but it at least my chosen target in the center of the circle of probability of a hit.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:45 PM #7

go to boss paintball get the boss blade i did an it worksgreat with my new srt and its only 25$
Old 07-30-2007, 07:19 PM #8
Dead_Body

Even if it is an Eforce grip I'd get the delrin bolt before I worried about the trigger.