PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-28-2007, 10:27 AM #1
Form4n
-=R-N=-

Piranha LPC leak and velocity problem

I searched through the forum for answers before posting this but couldn't find anything to really help the situation I've got.

I have a Piranha sts 2k3, all stock. The lpc leak problem was kinda solved when someone told me to loosen it just a little bit (the pressure inside kept ripping apart o-rings and leaking all of the CO2). This happen after I left the tank on over night, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but maybe. I was wondering if there is anything else I could do since this just started happening and I've had this gun for a long time, plus it did it again, after which I loosened the chamber more and it seemed ok. I did read somewhere on this forum that removing the ram air spring all together might help but I haven't tried it and I'm not quite sure about it.

As for the velocity problem, it either shoots too low with some springs, or too high with others. I changed springs, oiled it, tightened the lpc but nothing. I changed my original blue spring because it wouldn't shoot over 200fps and the new low-mid spring worked fine for a while. Got a chop and cleaned it, and it started shooting a 300-310 fps, no matter how much I loosened the pin.

When my old spring stopped shooting well I tried a bunch of springs and some of them either shot too high or too low, with my new spring kit it worked well for a while. I don't know if this has anything to do with the temperature change from firing CO2, because I borrowed an air tank and it fired the same. I switched the spring to a low one and it shot at 220 on air and 170 on CO2.

I have everything clean, oiled, replaced o-rings etc, but nothing. I'm really stumped right now

Last edited by Form4n : 07-31-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2007, 02:35 PM #2
pbboy37

has been a member for 10 years
There is a o-ring on the lpc, did you replace that?

Also just in case check your cupseal and valve spring for any visable damage.

The LPC are kind of hard to thread, make sure when your screwing it in you arent cross threading it.

Good Luck
Old 07-29-2007, 12:56 PM #3
Form4n
-=R-N=-

The o-ring on the LPC has been replaced a few times because it kept happening. Also I checked the spring and cupseal but they look perfect.