PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2007, 01:53 PM #64
lil' Nicky (Banned)
laysick.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
No, divisional player at all, just the Pros from both the NXL and the NPPL.

Work hard and you might some day.
So, the Millennium gets no Love?

What about Nexus, they don't play NPPL or NXL?

Last edited by lil' Nicky : 07-28-2007 at 01:58 PM.
lil' Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2007, 02:26 PM #65
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Nexus has been part of our team forums for some time. They supported us so we're supporting them as they regroup a little.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:48 PM #66
Rusty_Gribble459 (Banned)
SmartPartsKid

thats dope. just one of the many things most pro's deserve
Rusty_Gribble459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:07 PM #67
lil' Nicky (Banned)
laysick.com

Quote:
Nexus has been part of our team forums for some time. They supported us so we're supporting them as they regroup a little.
That's cool, just wondering if that courtesy would extend to any other Millennium Series teams.
lil' Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:27 PM #68
vinnie_scarecrow
DON'T STEAL MY AVVY!!!!

vinnie_scarecrow helped look for balloons
vinnie_scarecrow is playing at Living Legends III
what about the pro players that are mods or admins?
sbballer92: see the hacks I had didn't really do anything, they where just wall hacks
vinnie_scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:31 PM #69
p8ntball@ddict
CT's bestest butt buddy.

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntball@ddict is a Moderator
p8ntball@ddict is a Supporting Member
p8ntball@ddict is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntball@ddict supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntball@ddict is a PbNation video producer
p8ntball@ddict supports our troops
p8ntball@ddict has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
What about them? Their names are green with blue user text below that, and they have the " Professional player" under their location.

Hope that helped

tldr; provide links.
p8ntball@ddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:33 PM #70
vinnie_scarecrow
DON'T STEAL MY AVVY!!!!

vinnie_scarecrow helped look for balloons
vinnie_scarecrow is playing at Living Legends III
ok, I didn't know how they would do the blue and green together
sbballer92: see the hacks I had didn't really do anything, they where just wall hacks
vinnie_scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:46 PM #71
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' Nicky View Post
That's cool, just wondering if that courtesy would extend to any other Millennium Series teams.
Maybe some day. Our Millennium section always seems a little dead. There's even a post from 2006 on the first page! If those foreign Pros were in there posting, I'm certain we'd notice.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:14 PM #72
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I am curious. I didnt have time to wade thru the whole thread. Are Pro players exempt from the NIB items for sale status? I see a few threads where they are selling brand new items in their new BST forum.

DA

Last edited by DarkArmorPB : 07-28-2007 at 06:17 PM.
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:17 PM #73
John

Annual Supporting Member
Yes. A lot of Pros get "paid" in sponsored gear. It makes sense to allow them to sell it.

They are not exempt from MAP pricing though.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:27 PM #74
Zaunji
Team Breakthrew

To me this seems like a horrible and stupid idea. Why? Because why couldn't pros just make a thread in the normal forums? Are they special? Kind of, they are pros but still. There is no difference between the "pro's" gear and the average joe's gear. Except pro "mojo," but thats a retarded selling point if anyone says that.
Also I notice a lot of pros don't have feedback. I was told, "it doesn't matter, they're pros." No, BS, pros arn't any more trustworthy because they have green in their name (I'm not saying that everyone is saying that pros are more trustworthy though). Stuff that goes for the regular people goes for the pros too. Plus pros get to put their BNIB items without having to gold up it. Pros shouldn't get special treatment because they're pros. They shouldn't get their own B/S/T section.
Having two seperate forums for pros and normal people is useless and is a waste of space IMVFHO. If you are making pros their own forum in B/S/T then why not give them a throne and a crown too. Because PBN already worships the ground they walk on.
Also I used to always get to the electronic marker forum by going a spot under the "BNIB" section (reflex or something I guess). But now there's some stupid pro forum there now.
If pros get a forum why don't announcers or sponsers get a forum too? And why don't they have a colored name?

This is meant as criticism, not an insult to anyone. I just thought that I'd say something besides "awesome idea" or "sweet."

Of course this is just my opinion.
*flees*

METAL \m/

Last edited by Zaunji : 07-28-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Zaunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:24 PM #75
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaunji View Post
To me this seems like a horrible and stupid idea. Why? Because why couldn't pros just make a thread in the normal forums? Are they special? Kind of, they are pros but still. There is no difference between the "pro's" gear and the average joe's gear. Except pro "mojo," but thats a retarded selling point if anyone says that.
Also I notice a lot of pros don't have feedback. I was told, "it doesn't matter, they're pros." No, BS, pros arn't any more trustworthy because they have green in their name (I'm not saying that everyone is saying that pros are more trustworthy though). Stuff that goes for the regular people goes for the pros too. Plus pros get to put their BNIB items without having to gold up it. Pros shouldn't get special treatment because they're pros. They shouldn't get their own B/S/T section.
Having two seperate forums for pros and normal people is useless and is a waste of space IMVFHO. This is gay, if you are making pros their own forum in B/S/T then why not give them a throne and a crown too. Because PBN already worships the ground they walk on.Also I used to always get to the electronic marker forum by going a spot under the "BNIB" section (reflex or something I guess). But now there's some stupid pro forum there now.
If pros get a forum why don't announcers or sponsers get a forum too? And why don't they have a colored name?

This is meant as criticism, not an insult to anyone. I just thought that I'd say something besides "awesome idea" or "sweet."

Of course this is just my opinion.
*flees*

Very understandable.

But let me toss a quick question your way, bucko. If you were an announcer, and im not saying you arnt, would you realy care? Nicky T has a pbn account, and he's an announcer, thousands and thousands of people have listened to him the past few NPPL events, i dont realy think he would want a special color because he does what he loves. Also sponsors can pay for advertising on pbn, why on earth would they need color coded names, if they wish to pay for somthing along those lines, its up to pbn, not users of pbn.

And finaly, how many announcers do you see kicking around in the forums? You can get back to me with a petition one of these days, but honestly...

EDIT: p.s. You should watch your language (see bold print).

All the best,

-CP

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:42 PM #76
Zaunji
Team Breakthrew

Well I was just using announcers as an example.
Yeah I guess I'll edit that too.

METAL \m/
Zaunji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 PM #77
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

MetDTHero supports our troops
I see this includes some semi-pro players.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

MetDTHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:13 PM #78
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDTHero View Post
I see this includes some semi-pro players.
Only if they play Pro in the other league.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:46 PM #79
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

MetDTHero supports our troops
Quote:
Only if they play Pro in the other league.
So the NXL is "Pro" Now?

if that is true, then you should of said "other Legaues" as there are more than "two" leagues that have pro divisions under that definition.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

MetDTHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:17 AM #80
John

Annual Supporting Member
There are other very competitive leagues and there are leagues which do some things better than the two US Pro leagues, but ask the players: the two US Pro leagues are at the top of professional paintball food chain.

The NXL has always been an invitation only professional league. Always.

There is no third US Pro league and there is no other paintball league in the world which compares to either of the US Pro leagues yet.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:51 AM #81
autocockermike
GREED

autocockermike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i wish i had a green name
put this in your sig if you hate the word gixxer and think they are losers who cant ride real roads (only stunt) loser squids give us all a bad name!!

buy my new psp 3000 or dsi
want to buy some timmy parts and markers
autocockermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 AM #82
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
i'm a little confused. why does everyone keep asking for the definition of a pro player?

i thought it was generally understood that pros are NPPL and NXL pro players on franchised teams. it just seems that if you're looking to be the best this is where you go. it's not like; "man i'm way better than all these people i think i'll go really test myself in scenario/millenium....". not to dig on those guys. it's just not the same competitive atmosphere. it's more about fun.

regardless, in response to zuanji, i think the whole green name thing is a way to let people communicate with pro players. a lot of people seem to want to, which in and of itself makes it a pretty good idea. plus, there's a LOT of BS floating around these forums, and sometimes it's nice to know what your source of info is. not that pros are infallible sources of information, but by being the most experienced they generally fill that roll.

same thing with the pro gear forum. a lot of people seem to want pro players' gear, and pros generally get paid in gear. since people want pros gear (which helps the pbnation by bringing more people) and pros have it to sell (which helps them) it forms somewhat of a symbiotic relationship.

what other pro sports are there where you are openly invited to practice with pro teams, buy their gear, and email them at will? that's a pretty incredible situation and presents quite an opportunity to improve as a player (which very few people seem to grasp or take advantage of).

-logan

Last edited by Farside_Logan : 07-29-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Farside_Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:22 PM #83
26-DR-26

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheck45 View Post
So can I get a "newbie" tag that shows up as purple or something?

cool idea
I am with stupid ^ ^ ^ haha jk jking <3

Amazing Red hot protege!
26-DR-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 PM #84
gIL_fRoM_pOrTuGaL (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Maybe some day. Our Millennium section always seems a little dead. There's even a post from 2006 on the first page! If those foreign Pros were in there posting, I'm certain we'd notice.
Yes I do agree, whilst there are still a couple of pros posting in there, there just aren't that many other posters, most of the European players tend to post on P8ntballer instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farside_Logan View Post
i'm a little confused. why does everyone keep asking for the definition of a pro player?

i thought it was generally understood that pros are NPPL and NXL pro players on franchised teams. it just seems that if you're looking to be the best this is where you go. it's not like; "man i'm way better than all these people i think i'll go really test myself in scenario/millenium....". not to dig on those guys. it's just not the same competitive atmosphere. it's more about fun.

regardless, in response to zuanji, i think the whole green name thing is a way to let people communicate with pro players. a lot of people seem to want to, which in and of itself makes it a pretty good idea. plus, there's a LOT of BS floating around these forums, and sometimes it's nice to know what your source of info is. not that pros are infallible sources of information, but by being the most experienced they generally fill that roll.

same thing with the pro gear forum. a lot of people seem to want pro players' gear, and pros generally get paid in gear. since people want pros gear (which helps the pbnation by bringing more people) and pros have it to sell (which helps them) it forms somewhat of a symbiotic relationship.

what other pro sports are there where you are openly invited to practice with pro teams, buy their gear, and email them at will? that's a pretty incredible situation and presents quite an opportunity to improve as a player (which very few people seem to grasp or take advantage of).

-logan
I agree, this is something that definetely helps out both sides.

And to awnser someone's question, people hardly come to a forum to talk to an announcer, maybe for a sponsor, but they definetely come to talk to their favourite PRO.

And seeing that having all the PROS posting here is something that helps and attracts more people to PbNation, and giving the Pro players those perks makes them want to post here, then it's a win win situation.

And Logan, as for the Millennium, I'm sorry but it is a "major" PRO league, granted it's not at the same level as the NPPL or the NXL but it still has some of the world's top teams competing in it, and definetely all the European top teams, and last time I checked, PbNation wasn't a solely US website.
gIL_fRoM_pOrTuGaL is offline   Reply With Quote