PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-27-2007, 02:10 AM #1
Dyetrying91
needs moar JDM

SXE BALLERS CLUB v4.dyetrying91

Version 4. Anderson style.
It was time for a new thread so here it is. This thread is for only those who are edge now will be edge tomorrow. This thread is for those of us who are dedicated to this and have no intention of ever straying from the clean healthy lifestyle which we live. Any sort of flame or post about how being edge is stupid will be reported, no exception. If you're just curious about what it is to be straight edge or just a question about edge in general feel free to ask. We have a bunch of members, myself included, who will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Dave.

TO JOIN FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING:
Name:
Your reason for being edge:
Your definition of edge:

If you are going to join, please make an attempt to post on a somewhat regular basis, if not you will be removed from the members list. All of the members below post here regularly.

Current Members:
Council Members:
Razza Nuova 1988 (Vinny)
The-AK (Austin)
Dr. Rooster (Clint)
Dyetrying91 (Dave)

Members:
SiLLy WiLLy (Haleigh)
SexyHamster (Matt)
paintflyer (Connor)
bryanxxx (Bryan)
HXCkiller (Ethan)
Kamikaze14 (Ethan, yes we have two)
DaytonLax14 (Corey)
jlvo90 (Justin)
Chapter2 (Taylor)
BRKc50 (Brendon)

FAQ:
Why are you edge?
For myself, for my friends, for my family. It's a commitment, its a love.
Have you always been edge/Did you ever drink or smoke?
Some of us have done things before others have not, its really not about the past, so much as the future.
Don't you think its stupid to not go out and have fun?
Substance abuse does not equal fun. If you need drugs/alchohol to feel that you fit in, you need to go do some serious self analysis.
You're not cool because you're straight edge.
Thats the dumbest **** ever, thats like saying someone isn't cool because they are republican
Do you always plan on being straight edge?
Yes. Break edge, break legs.
Can you be kinda straight edge? (i.e only drink once in a while)
No, not at all. You either are or aren't, nothing is in between. Its an all or nothing type of thing. Saying it to the wrong people might get you punched in the mouth.
Does straight edge have anything to do with religion?
Nope, not at all. It is a philosophy not a religion. Personally, I'm a Christian, but we got some atheists, Jews and everybody else somewhere out there.
Aren't you all emo?
Nope, the emo kids who claim edge are trying to fit in with a trend sweeping the "hardcore" scene. they don't actually believe it.
Do you think you're above people who aren't edge?
No, you live your life for you and I'll live mine for me.
What is your favorite candy?
Milky ways and skittles, and on rare occasions, hersheys chocolate

A few words from our resident deep thinker, Dave:

Quote:
Straight edge in this modern world is interpreted as being a trend. A wave of trendy new labels to decorate the latest homepage with, be it myspace, facebook, or whatever the hell else high school kids seem to be entertained with. It originated as a movement springing off from the drug infested life that the hardcore "scene" was heavily involved with during the early-mid 80s. It evolved rapidly, being spread widely because of the popularity of Earth Crisis through 1999-2000ish. Straight Edge was going strong for a long long time. Til someone came up with the idea to make this into a trend.

I have been into this movement for a long long time. Since I was 8 and started listening to Earth Crisis I began to love and understand the message that it was spreading. My father was an alchoholic, went to jail for half a year, that heavily influenced me. But I love Straight Edge, I would die for this movement, I would kill for this movement, and that is what people just don't understand anymore. It's about more than just 3 x's and a label. It's about a way of life, it's about protecting the helpless, it's about creating a positive image for a society that is rapidly drifting downhill. The enthusiasm for straight edge has been dwindling. Most people use the word as a loose association for meaning a clean lifestyle. I constantly hear kids say, "yeah, im straight edge, i haven't done anything for like a week, but im waiting for vacation in a few days to smoke." This kind of bull**** just irks me. It is wrong. It is a misconception that is just tearing this family apart. All of us are generalized under one category, Straight Edge, and unfortunately that category is defined by the many that are not truly edge and do not truly understand it.

Our youth in this country are infested with delusions of granduer and glamour inspired by a media that actually seems to support drugs and alchohol. Isn't it sad how the kid who doesn't do drugs is the one that gets picked on, and the ****ing coke dealer is the one who is praised and becomes most popular. Isn't it sad how the kids of today are more interested in getting a cheap high, rather than doing something constructive with their lives. People across this country wake up every single day with the sole purpose of going out, and getting their drugs. To escape from their realities these people seek chemical saviors to rescue them from their drull existences.

Even this thread, I see little talk of straight edge going on past the first few pages. I just don't get it.. We need to stick together. All different walks of life, all different people.. It doesn't matter, We all belong to the same family here. Militant or posi, vegan or not, We need to stick together and try to bring about the change that this movement is about. I posted this because I am just fed up with the direction that straight edge is moving in and I love this movement far to much to see it go down the ****ter. Just remember.. Stay True

Thank You,
Dave Anderson

Enjoy it guys.
Dyetrying91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:53 AM #2
azpaint

The new sXe thread. *looks around*

Looks kind of roomy.

I like.
azpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:41 AM #3
Converseboy

sweet new thread!
Converseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:47 AM #4
crf100andion
Somebody Got Sliced

yeah theres like two a day.
EVENTS FAN CLUB MEMBER #22
Dont act stupid.
Remember kids, the first step to quitting paintball is visiting Small Talk.
Christian? Yes.
Proud owner of a Karnivor Autococker and an ETek Ego
crf100andion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 PM #5
Dr. Rooster (Banned)
||Poor Man Gun Whore||

guys. the real repost that members are using is in my sig. Thanks
Dr. Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:41 PM #6
IHatescammers
Pro muppet Mower.

IHatescammers is a Supporting Member
crap how much i miss out?

Straight EDGE

i have a 06 ego looking for karnivor
IHatescammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:57 PM #7
suck-x-it
"BangBangWhatUp"

hey i posted in the last one

and never found out if i can join...?

"Top 5 dead or alive and thats just from one LP"

R.I.P Lk'08

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=271374
suck-x-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:48 PM #8
pbsavvy
gotta luv baja1000

kool new thread, btw i did join a long time ago but i havent been in here for a while
pbsavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:53 PM #9
smartpartsdude25
...Thundercats...

Dyetrying91

Champion is amazing! or (was)
Old 09-20-2007, 07:18 PM #10
a1337drumandbass
Get legit.

Hey... I'm in.

Name: Nick

Your reason for being edge: I'm sick of the crap that's going on - everyone around me just wants to go smoke a blunt, or get wasted... I mean, their Friday and Saturday nights just consist of doing drugs, and getting hammered... I'm not for that at all.

I'm staying away from drugs, smoking, alcohol, and all of the other stupid things kids are doing these days...

Your definition of edge: Not doing drugs, not smoking, not abusing any substances -- no drinking just for the sake of getting drunk (I don't drink anyways), and I'm not for the whole sex scene today -- all kids want to do is have sex. Friends I used to know are now just going at it, and some weren't even Freshman in Highschool at the time.

I'm my own person, and I know alot of people try to persuade others into abusing alcohol, abusing drugs, and pretty much anything else that they can do... I'm not for that, I'm against it.

I want to stay out of that.

That is why I'm joining.
#328 Dynasty
#1453XSV
#86 Ohio
a1337drumandbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:44 PM #11
pandaballer
ASM

Annual Supporting Member
/slowclap
Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 AM #12
GoochGoblin (Banned)

Yoooo
GoochGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:21 AM #13
EatUrHeartOut187
HKD

Name: Kristian Sean Diaz
Your reason for being edge: Myself.
Your definition of edge: Not doing drugs, smoking, or alcohol.

TRUST
MySpace
My Photography
PINOYBALLASOCIETY #69
EatUrHeartOut187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:25 PM #14
MiamiJack

Name:Jack J.

Your reason for being edge:I like to take care of myself. I also hope that some younger kids may pick up on the lifestyle. It's just sad seeing people who I've known for a while throw their lives away. I choose to live my life, as healthy and clean as possible. I won't preach at someone who does smoke or drink, I just stay out of their business. if I can help I do, but most people wont allow that.

Your definition of edge:My definition of edge... hmmm. Edge isn't just something you say that you are. It's a lifestyle, that is lived every day. It doesn't get old, or become unpopular. It is the way a person chooses to live. It is choosing to stay away from harmful things. It is choosing to not throw away your life for 15 minutes of pleasure or for a night you may not even remember. No Sex, No Drugs, No Smoking, No Drinking, No Problem. sXe.

Last edited by MiamiJack : 12-22-2007 at 03:05 PM.
MiamiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:57 PM #15
afreakinbat
damn that hurts.

Name:Jordan Jameson
Your reason for being edge:my reason was to start over.. was done living around my loser friends.. music was what i wanted to do.. and after a lot of xafbx i choose my new lifestyle
Your definition of edge: besides the whole no drugs/alcohol/smoking/sex... its more.. more than a dumb trend.. more than a reason to get a tattoo. more than all of my friends going to a show to throwdown.. its just my way of saying to the world.. i dont need your fake reality.. all i need is my friends and family.. edge is my lifestyle.