PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2007, 06:07 AM #1
Xyxyll

Xyxyll is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Introducing: The X-Customs Hall FX Kit

X-Customs is very proud to introduce the X-Customs Hall FX Kit.

Introduction

The X-Customs Hall FX Kit is a long-held secret of X-Customs. Originally prototyped in 2003 as the “floating trigger” concept, this trigger switch provides a first-class trigger pull only found on some higher-end markers. It works by replacing the stock push-button trigger switch with a magnetic sensor. This sensor uses an electrical phenomenon called the Hall Effect to detect a magnet on the trigger and fire the marker. With no mechanical button to press, trigger pull is significantly smoother and immensely more customizable.

When the “floating trigger” concept was discussed four years ago, many solid conclusions were made regarding its performance potential, including its great durability and reliability. Optical trigger setups (found on some high-end markers) have been known to fail when interrupted by dirt or paint. Conversely, the Hall FX Kit senses a magnetic field, so the sensor’s “sight” is never clouded. To protect the sensor from paint and other debris, the Hall FX Kit seals its sensor within a custom-made acrylic housing. This housing also conveniently acts as a secure backstop for all standard rear-slack adjustment screws.

It is generally understood in the Spyder community that any switch with an activation weight 50g or heavier is safe to use with regards to electrical bounce, and anything lighter should be carefully watched. The X-Customs Hall FX Kit on the other hand has no activation weight and exhibits NO electrical bounce. This extraordinary discovery offers a huge benefit for its users. With the X-Customs Hall FX Kit, trigger pulls can be tweaked below 50g safely and confidently.

With such a revolutionary device looming around for years, you may be wondering, “why haven’t we seen a Hall Effect Sensor kit for Spyders before?” Well, until now, there have been no drop-in solutions for installing the Hall Effect application into a Spyder ESP frame. X-Customs’ first prototype required certain operations that made returning the ESP frame to its stock configuration impossible. Transitioning from this first prototype to the Hall FX Kit is a huge accomplishment. The X-Customs Hall FX Kit requires no soldering, crimping, or splicing. The worst part of its installation involves epoxying an included magnet to the backside of the trigger. Even better, everything is reversible, including the epoxied magnet! Like the X-Customs SwiX, the Hall FX Kit is truly a plug-and-play upgrade.

Compatibility

The X-Customs Hall FX Kits are 100% compatible with all stock ESP-framed Spyders (Classic, IPI, CAMD, LED, and LCD boards), T-Boards, IS Boards, and XSF Boards. Compatibility with the Kingman Tadao, Virtue, and Lucky Spitfire Boards is not yet available but is in process.

Future Compatibility:
A VS2 version is in development. Stay posted for further updates!

Last edited by Xyxyll : 03-01-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Xyxyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2007, 06:09 AM #2
OneUp

Deja vu? Or am I going crazy?

great idea either way.
OneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 AM #3
Adidas4275

how do i buy?

and does it come with a magnet for the trigger?
Adidas4275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 AM #4
asianshooter
please read

Lol i seeing double?

PUMP gear all kinds pleaseeee.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3658826
One of a kind pump for sale!!!
[/b]http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=72485150#post72485150]
"Originally posted by texaspaintballplpaye: I don't even shoot paintballs. I just go stand behind bunkers and pose."
asianshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:23 AM #5
OneUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianshooter View Post
Lol i seeing double?
Nonsense, it's a deja vu; we can hardly see anything once.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:42 AM #6
Xyxyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneUp View Post
Deja vu? Or am I going crazy?

great idea either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianshooter View Post
Lol i seeing double?
Quote:
Long story... it's not important.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:45 AM #7
Xyxyll

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
how do i buy?

and does it come with a magnet for the trigger?
You can order it through X-Customs directly. It comes with a magnet for the trigger and all instructions needed to install the kit.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:28 AM #8
border411
AllGaveSome,SomeGaveAll

border411 supports Pev's Paintball
border411 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Dude...we so need this for our VS2's! Hurry up with it already!
How To Make Custom Lexan Grips
border411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:32 PM #9
Xyxyll

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by border411 View Post
Dude...we so need this for our VS2's! Hurry up with it already!

It will come... a VS2 for product fitment has already been purchased.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:22 PM #10
prem205

MAJOR Edit: So how close does the magnet on the trigger have to get to be activated?

How is the activation weight adjusted? (Not really weight, but i hope you know what i mean) ie: lower than 25g switch

Last edited by prem205 : 07-25-2007 at 10:36 PM.
prem205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 PM #11
chnk
faps

hey will this work on the mr2 trigger frame,
chnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:33 PM #12
nenkitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by prem205 View Post
MAJOR Edit: So how close does the magnet on the trigger have to get to be activated?

How is the activation weight adjusted? (Not really weight, but i hope you know what i mean) ie: lower than 25g switch
The only "weight" there is, is the magnetic return for the gun. the actual switch has no weight, so it would be like shooting your gun without a switch

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 PM #13
prem205

Well i know there is no weight....i was trying to say something like....how does it know when it actually activates the trigger pull. Like what if it detects the magnet on the trigger form resting position. What i'm trying to say is, how far/close does the magnet on the trigger have to be for this Hall FX to detect the magnetic field.....
Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 PM #14
swoosh81 (Banned)
sparky

Notify immediately when you have a kit for the vs2.
swoosh81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:52 PM #15
nenkitsune

Quote:
Well i know there is no weight....i was trying to say something like....how does it know when it actually activates the trigger pull. Like what if it detects the magnet on the trigger form resting position. What i'm trying to say is, how far/close does the magnet on the trigger have to be for this Hall FX to detect the magnetic field.....
ah, it just detects change's in its magnetic field. the further away, the weaker the field, but as it gets closer, the field becomes stronger. I'm not sure how close it has to be though. You'll just have to wait for the OP to tell us haha

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:01 AM #16
pilotacs1123
suicide silence ftw

Quote:

[IMG]http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7585/orrydv1.jpg[IMG]
Someone hacked the matrix

An organism at war with its self, is an organism that is, inevitably doomed.
"Originally posted by Hungry4Life: How come when i turn my reg down to zero my gun starts farting whenever i shoot??
pilotacs1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 AM #17
Xyxyll

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnk View Post
hey will this work on the mr2 trigger frame,
A MR version is not yet available.

Quote:
The sensor activates when the magnet reaches one-two millimeters from the front of the sensor housing. In other words... about the same position as with a microswitch.

Last edited by Xyxyll : 07-26-2007 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM #18
wombatcrusher
The Real Wickyman!

With this kit, do the switches come with this said "magnet" or do we have to purchase one, and install it on our triggers? I personally think that it would be cool, if you could offer pre-installed magnets on the triggers. Maybe using one, that somehow is easily adjustable to everyone's standards? 3 point maybe?
wombatcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:47 PM #19
prem205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
A MR version is not yet available.

The sensor activates when the magnet reaches one-two millimeters from the front of the sensor housing. In other words... about the same position as with a microswitch.
Finnaly got my question answered..lol

Another one though
What if a person likes a short pull but with the trigger far away from the sensor housing? Cause with the old triggers, you could do this by adjusting the set screw that activates the switch...so how can you do it to a magnet thats exposied to the trigger?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 PM #20
Xyxyll

Lightbulb

If anyone has any further questions, please ask! More likely than not someone else is wondering the same thing. I am very confident in this technology, and I am thrilled to finally be in a position to offer it to the rest of the community. Your feedback not only helps contribute to this discussion but also helps shape the future of the Hall FX Kit and other products of X-Customs.

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatcrusher View Post
With this kit, do the switches come with this said "magnet" or do we have to purchase one, and install it on our triggers? I personally think that it would be cool, if you could offer pre-installed magnets on the triggers. Maybe using one, that somehow is easily adjustable to everyone's standards? 3 point maybe?
Quote:
Finnaly got my question answered..lol

Another one though
What if a person likes a short pull but with the trigger far away from the sensor housing? Cause with the old triggers, you could do this by adjusting the set screw that activates the switch...so how can you do it to a magnet thats exposied to the trigger?
I'll answer both posters' questions together.

A magnet is included with the Hall FX Kit. The magnet has one side marked with which side to apply the epoxy/glue.

A trigger is already available that is directly compatible with the Hall FX Kit. The X-Customs NV has a magnet already embedded into its backside, so no modifying is needed to install and use the Hall FX Kit.

The Hall FX Kit has been designed so that it activates when the trigger's magnet reaches approximately 1-2mm from the Hall FX Kit housing. While it is certainly possible to mount a magnet to an adjustable setscrew for a "third" adjustment point, it is not recommended. Even with loctited setscrews, the trigger could still wobble to the sides beyond the Hall FX Sensor's range. If you wish to increase the distance between the activation point and the Hall FX Kit housing, simply snap another magnet on the back of the trigger, thus strengthening the magnetic field and tripping the sensor earlier in the trigger pull.

Good questions!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:43 PM #21
OneUp

vvvvv This is so retarded it just might work vvvvv