PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-12-2001, 09:18 AM #1
aftershock00

has been a member for 10 years
i went to my local store today to custom build my cocker. i had a slight controversy over plates and rod. ive had a cocker before so i know what im talking about...not that he doesnt but u know what i mean. he told me that the round hole trigger plate is the new thing...and that will make my trigger shorter...and i was like arent the slotted plates what are used in a trigger job? the slotted plated used a flattened rod...this rod takes up more space in the hole in the trigger frame therefore allowing less space for it to move.....understand??? so what do u guys think...is this bull****...i think the slotted r what your supposed to get...let me know....

ps the holes inside the trigger frame...that is what allows the trigger to move....it blocks the rod from going any further....so if the rod took up more of that space...then there would be less extra space to move....creating a shorter trigger pull????

thanx guys
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2001, 02:39 PM #2
Azure
Dreamer

The non-slotted plate is the newest thing, at least on the stock Cockers, and has become pretty popular. Yes, with a slotted plate and a flattened rod you'll be taking up a lot more slack than with a slotted plate and a normal round rod... I belive there's still a BIT of slack.

Have you seen the non-slotted plates and the round rods? There's next to no slack, if any. It's a bit more fickle and requires being re-timed a bit more often, if I recall correctly, but that's really not a big deal to me.

Take a look at a Stock 2000+ cocker or a STO... or a Shocktech Cocker... anything like that. I can take pics of mine for you if you'd like, but it's not completely stock.

http://www.g3pb.com/product_images/s...t_trigger.html

That's the new Shocktech trigger plate with the non-slotted "hole."

That clear things up? Otehrwise, like I said, I can take pics of my frame.
#87 - Team Flying Balls
Sponsored By: Apocalypse Paintball
Old 05-12-2001, 11:58 PM #3
forsaken

i think i understand what your saying......the fact that a slotted trigger plate with the flat timing rod would restrict the trigger from being pulled back as far as a non slotted trigger and round timing rod would allow it to. i guess thats true, but only like 1/4 of a millimeter....which isnt much at all. I would go with the non slotted combo just because i feel that they are smoother with less slack and the timing rod movin in it less than a flattened rod. and coming out of time shouldnt be a problem as long as you have blue loctite or hammer some threads on the lug, and use the set screw on the timing collar.