PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-23-2007, 12:56 AM #1
str8balla62040
la vida balla

velocity prob

hey everybody,im new to the nme and all off its features and i cant seem to get my velocity up to 300,its staying around 250,do i have to change the dwell to get it to go higher? if so what should i change it to? i have been adjusting both the hpr and lpr,boes anyone have a good method of adjusting the velocity to get it around 300?

MIDWEST BALLER

TeAm DeFiAnCe
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2007, 10:35 AM #2
retromagman
Team Whale Shark

i believe the stock dwell is set at 7ms. really you shouldnt need to go any higher or lower, but i have had mine at 9 before and it works fine. anyway if i was you, id probably reset the gun to factory settings and put in a new battery first if you havent already. NME's are picky about batteries, for some reason mine wont work properly with an energizer (i think the contacts on the battery are too small). make sure to set your LPR to 80(factory spec) and adjust the HPR from there. if you still cant get you velocity up, then you have an internal problem in the gun, which means you have a slight leak somewhere. i have had this happen before and it took me a couple hours to diagnose that my ram sleeve o-rings were killing my guns pressure. anyway if anything doesnt work come back and ask for help, were always here.
Black ProMaster/Eggy 2 w/z-board/48ci AGD Flatline/AKA Sidewinder/AKA no rise clamping feed neck. Ninja ReTro Mag/Z-grip/88ci Crossfire/AGD WarpFeed/Eggy 2 w/z-board. Black and Silver System X NME LE/ 48ci AGD Flatline/ Eggy 2w/z-board.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:05 AM #3
James_Haun (Banned)
Boom Headshot

Qft

Dido. Read the stickies man, they are a god send. =) You an find the NME settings thread in it, which will give you about 100,000,000,000 different peoples settings, you can get a general Idea of where your stuff should be set from their, but I warn you. You should fine tune your settings to what you like. I personally have my dwell at 9.5 and I am not sure if I agree with retromagman about not needing to be higher than 7 cause I could not get a good chrono or a high velocity with mine that low. I think that it is just different markers with different orings/lube/preferences/the other thousand variables=different settings. I would just tinker and fine tune your settings (this includes lpr, hpr, and board settings) until you had a nice consistant velocity and a good efficiency level.

Second man, download the manual. Again in the Almighty Stickies (angels singing). I had a hard time finding it at first though, so since I am that cool I will just link it to you. Read it, it is great. It was one of the most enlightening manuals I have ever read, it will tell you all about what different settings do and are set at.

http://www.dbnpaintball.com/nme/nme_manual.pdf

(this is the manual, I am gonna make you go to the settings thread yourself cause you need practice and because it is easy to find.)

Hope I helped, and if not like retro said, we are here to help anyway so come back and we will try and get yah set straight.