PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM #1
Teh Spaz

NME LE problem, velocity.

Hi,

I am having a problem with my NME LE, and couldnt find the right sticky i guess, i cannot get this marker shooting over 170 fps, i turned the reg to 80 psi and even a little higher, now what i was wondering, there is an after makert lever on off in this marker, the on off slides off when you loosen the screw, and inside is a little ball, that was the only thing i have screwed around with since the marker started acting up, is it possible i put that in wrong? Or maybe something is messed up on the regs,

Thank you very much for the replies.

Sean
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2007, 01:53 AM #2
magman687
cocker tech

did you adjust your hpr aswell or just your lpr??
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old 07-22-2007, 02:24 PM #3
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
replace ram o-rings
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 07-22-2007, 09:16 PM #4
Teh Spaz

I tried both the HPR and The LPR, but i have not changed the ram o-rings, i will do that. Thank you.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:02 PM #5
Brute06

I don't think it's the on/off unless you're only getting drop off. The gun should still pressurize to the proper pressure, but the on/off could cause a constraint that could give you really bad drop off at higher rates of fire.

I don't think it's the o-rings unless they're really bad, but it can't really hurt to replace them just to be safe.

My guess is that your HPR is too low. Are you running an HP tank with the stock reg??? Do you have a friend with a CP reg that can equip a gauge??? If so, ask if you can use his reg for a minute, put a gauge on there, turn it to 225~250 and see if that helps. If so, then your problem lies in the fact that you're using an HP HPA tank with the stock reg.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:52 AM #6
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
if you put the HPR past flush, you will damage the pin and cut off air flow.
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 07-23-2007, 03:15 AM #7
James_Haun (Banned)
Boom Headshot

Try Your dwell settings....if they are two low then you will have issues.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:07 AM #8
azathoth300
Dirge

azathoth300 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Replace ram o-rings.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:15 PM #9
thizizmyusername
Made a breakfast fortress

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Haun View Post
Try Your dwell settings....if they are two low then you will have issues.
QFT
Old 07-24-2007, 06:27 AM #10
Teh Spaz

It has a cp reg on it ... I am kinda having this feeling the "pin" is damaged, it is my girlfriends marker, and she was chronoing it when that happend. So i am willing to bet she ****ed it up. Is this "pin" hard to fix?
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 AM #11
magman687
cocker tech

hard no but im not sure where to buy 1 if you call cp they might send you a new pin for good rep.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next 3 minutes, this is your heaven on earth."

your heart never dies...but your body does.
for cocker help go to http://magman68.tripod.com
Old 07-25-2007, 02:09 AM #12
James_Haun (Banned)
Boom Headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Haun View Post
Dido. Read the stickies man, they are a god send. =) You an find the NME settings thread in it, which will give you about 100,000,000,000 different peoples settings, you can get a general Idea of where your stuff should be set from their, but I warn you. You should fine tune your settings to what you like. I personally have my dwell at 9.5 and I am not sure if I agree with retromagman about not needing to be higher than 7 cause I could not get a good chrono or a high velocity with mine that low. I think that it is just different markers with different orings/lube/preferences/the other thousand variables=different settings. I would just tinker and fine tune your settings (this includes lpr, hpr, and board settings) until you had a nice consistant velocity and a good efficiency level.

Second man, download the manual. Again in the Almighty Stickies (angels singing). I had a hard time finding it at first though, so since I am that cool I will just link it to you. Read it, it is great. It was one of the most enlightening manuals I have ever read, it will tell you all about what different settings do and are set at.

http://www.dbnpaintball.com/nme/nme_manual.pdf

(this is the manual, I am gonna make you go to the settings thread yourself cause you need practice and because it is easy to find.)

Hope I helped, and if not like retro said, we are here to help anyway so come back and we will try and get yah set straight.
Lol, I just posted this in another guys thread, it generally applies to you though, so I will just quote it. I am almost 100% sure it is your dwell. That was my problem. I do this, I am not sure if it is the proper way to set things but I do it and it works.

I first will take my HPR (inline regulator) unscrew it from my marker and screw my pressure checker on there. I will then set my HPR to almost exactly 220. I try to get as close as possible to this because your HPR setting affects your velocity and consistency as much as anything else does. I will then loctite the screw where it is, I do this because I have some issues with the screw being loose and creeping every now and again. You may or may not have this problem, I really don't know of anyone else who does.I finally am done with this step and screw the reg back onto the marker.

I second will adjust the LPR, this is easy as all you have to do is screw the little nob on the end of it in. I Set mine to about 70-75psi. NOTE: the stock recommended setting is 80psi, but many people run theirs lower and higher. 70ish is what works for me. I then screw in the set screw on the LPR to make sure that it does not move or creep and then I am done with my LPR setting.

I set lastly my Dwell. This is what I use to fine tune my velocity. I guess I should better say fine tune as by this point my FPS is around 280ish. What I will do is this. The Dwell settings on the WAS board have two stages, The 1ms (millisecond) increments are for the rough tuning and the second .1ms increments are for the finer tuning. I will start my dwell off at about 8ms and take about 3 shots. I will see what the velocity is averaged for those three shots (usually a tight grouping) and continue to raise my Dwell till I am just above what I want my velocity to be at. For my I am usually on 9 and my FPS will average out at about 290ish. (I aim for about 275 or 280. I will then go back to the last 1ms increment I did. Which for me would be 8 because at 9 I was shooting higher than I wanted. I will then use the .1ms increments until I am right at the velocity I want. When I reach my wanted velocity I will stop adjusting dwell and I am done.

NOTE: This is only my method of tuning, others may do it differently but this is what works for me. My settings may not be best for you. I have seen many different settings yield similar and results on different NMEs and the exact same settings yield drastically different settings on NMEs. My numbers were only for use as examples.

Second Note: If anyone cares to know. I make my HP/LP Tester simply like this. I take a duck bill ASA (the ones found on Ions) I will then screw a gauge into the port and loctite it. You can then screw your HPRs into it and test your pressures. This is my simple cost effective way to build a pressure checker.

Last edited by James_Haun : 07-25-2007 at 02:34 AM.