PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2007, 06:01 PM #43
-rippers-
RIP PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecpa View Post
if i sent you parts of my gun would you do this too them if i payed you???
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafpilot07 View Post
Progress is looking great mane! Keep up the good work.

Also, if you get it up and running, and would like to take a shot at a run of Team guns. Our second run of Tremor shockers is coming, and I know the team would love to put a big order together.
ill let you know man
-rippers- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2007, 06:06 PM #44
rmartuszewski
82 ABN DIV Army Infantry

I like this very much, keep up the good work. And I hope everone has a aurora gun, why because of PE way over priced guns that are aurora. So what if they are rare, I think it should be fair if joe blow 15 year old wants a aurora gun. Why not? PE is a good company but they are to much like Smart Parts when it comes to money. They over charge for alot of there stuff.
rmartuszewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:28 PM #45
-rippers-
RIP PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartuszewski View Post
I like this very much, keep up the good work. And I hope everone has a aurora gun, why because of PE way over priced guns that are aurora. So what if they are rare, I think it should be fair if joe blow 15 year old wants a aurora gun. Why not? PE is a good company but they are to much like Smart Parts when it comes to money. They over charge for alot of there stuff.
I agree with you man. That is one of the reasons why I started this entire project. I thought that what PE said about their aurora guns was BS. I am sort of trying to prove them wrong.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:31 PM #46
rmartuszewski
82 ABN DIV Army Infantry

Well more power to you brother on this. I own 2 Egos and love them, but there a little shady about the whole Aurora thing if you ask me. They make bad choices about how they do things some times also. But oh well.

I feel the player always comes first, not making money.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 AM #47
paintball_wankster (Banned)
MEGA COOL [SON]

not to be mean but i dont think you should do this or PE should make aurora kits. that ruins the aruara. it takes the rare out. if your unna do that please only make it for you. i dont wanna see a ton of ppl on the firld havein aruara stufff.
paintball_wankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:25 AM #48
-rippers-
RIP PAINTBALL

I think that PE's aurora kits did sort of ruign the magic of it. I am just doind this to try to prove Pe wrong and overcome taht challenge. I won't be mass producing aurora guns or anything along those lines. I will do it to my own,a nd maybe to a could of others. Trust me, you won't be seing an aurora gun at every field.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 AM #49
ProtoxxPaintball
USAF

ProtoxxPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ProtoxxPaintball supports our troops
ProtoxxPaintball is an NCPA player
ProtoxxPaintball supports Empire
Well, PE did make aurora kits.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Planet-Eclipse-0...em270146913926

If anyone wants me to delete this, I have no problem. I do not want to step on anyone's toes.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:57 AM #50
rmartuszewski
82 ABN DIV Army Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_wankster View Post
not to be mean but i dont think you should do this or PE should make aurora kits. that ruins the aruara. it takes the rare out. if your unna do that please only make it for you. i dont wanna see a ton of ppl on the firld havein aruara stufff.
I think it should be done. Why is it only someone with 5K of cash should have a aurora nexus ego. It's not fair to the people that don't have 5K for a gun. PE is F****D up in that aspect if you ask me. And someone that can do aurora shouldn't not do it because you don't want to see aurora at your field. That's lame, so what if you don't want to see it, that is no reason for someone else not to have it. If you don't want it don't buy it, but don't try and imposs your ideas on everyone else.

Lets give everyone a chance to have this style of gun. Who cares if it's rare or not.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:21 PM #51
MEGA COOL [SON]

ok i didnt say i didnt want to see any aruara guns i said i didnt want to see a whole lot. and its not ****ed up of PE making one 5k. they probobly lost 5K trying to get the aurora effect on it. so they have to make money someway. and how many were made? like 2. thats why i think itr woould be more special to see maby an aurora ego once in a lifetime. and not once a day. that would make aurora lame and not special. and for they guy i cant tell you not to make em. so if you wanna make em for money go ahead ppl will do anything for money. i think its kinda cool how your makin them. but if you do sell them and take other ppl's parts be sure its a 100% succes rate cuz u dont wanna end up with ****ed uup metal of someone elses gun.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:43 PM #52
-rippers-
RIP PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_wankster View Post
ok i didnt say i didnt want to see any aruara guns i said i didnt want to see a whole lot. and its not ****ed up of PE making one 5k. they probobly lost 5K trying to get the aurora effect on it. so they have to make money someway. and how many were made? like 2. thats why i think itr woould be more special to see maby an aurora ego once in a lifetime. and not once a day. that would make aurora lame and not special. and for they guy i cant tell you not to make em. so if you wanna make em for money go ahead ppl will do anything for money. i think its kinda cool how your makin them. but if you do sell them and take other ppl's parts be sure its a 100% succes rate cuz u dont wanna end up with ****ed uup metal of someone elses gun.
Hey man, i see what your saying, but it won't be like that. Aurora guns will not be wide spread because of this. I am not even positive it will work yet. Even if it does, I won't be doing too many of them. I will do it to my guns, and maybe to some others, but that is about it. And about PE charging 5k and 7k for the 2 guns, I am pretty sure they made a HUGE on those. The process I am using also cost a lot of oney, but not close to 5k. I would say they spent $500 on each gun if they had access to the equiptment. The equiptment is very expensive though. 1/2 mil.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:58 PM #53
MEGA COOL [SON]

yeah i just dont want the whole arurora to become un rare but if you do do others guns be sure it WILL work
Old 07-23-2007, 07:33 PM #54
rmartuszewski
82 ABN DIV Army Infantry

So what if PE lost money on, lets say 100 guns to make 2 aurora nexus egos. They only make 1,000,000 times that in guns sales plus parts and soft goods. Trust me, the loss of 100 guns is nothing compaired to what they make every year in sales.

5000 bucks for a gun is way to much, that's just the truth. Most people in paintball don't make a crap load of money working for DYe, or some other company. And have to give up a lot in there life to even play. So 5000+ is a rip off, no matter how rare. Because after all is said from PE about how hard it is to do the Aurora on guns we all still know it's BS. That's why they haven't posted any pics of the guns that didn't make it. Because if there were any that got messed up it would be in the 10-15 fail, not the 90+ fail that they claim. That's just the way PE does it's business.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:22 PM #55
bobcat1
Skeet skeet

Did you use a machine called an AR machine?
Old 07-23-2007, 08:37 PM #56
-rippers-
RIP PAINTBALL

no, I used the ______ machine. And the ______ and _____.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:58 PM #57
bobcat1
Skeet skeet

well we have a machine at work that does the same thing but it does it to lenses
Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 PM #58
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartuszewski View Post
So what if PE lost money on, lets say 100 guns to make 2 aurora nexus egos. They only make 1,000,000 times that in guns sales plus parts and soft goods. Trust me, the loss of 100 guns is nothing compaired to what they make every year in sales.

5000 bucks for a gun is way to much, that's just the truth. Most people in paintball don't make a crap load of money working for DYe, or some other company. And have to give up a lot in there life to even play. So 5000+ is a rip off, no matter how rare. Because after all is said from PE about how hard it is to do the Aurora on guns we all still know it's BS. That's why they haven't posted any pics of the guns that didn't make it. Because if there were any that got messed up it would be in the 10-15 fail, not the 90+ fail that they claim. That's just the way PE does it's business.
I agree. If the fail rate is that high, it's because of something they are doing wrong. I've talked to numerous platers about this. Some of them are very high end platers who do a lot of aerospace work. They all said that if you can do one part successfully, you should be able to do pretty much all of them successfully. They said that 9/10 failure rates just don't happen unless you have variables. If you do the same thing every time to the same alloy the results should be the same.
JoshGrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:18 PM #59
-rippers-
RIP PAINTBALL

Yes, the only thing that may differ is the thickness of the alloy.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:19 PM #60
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Then that would be a machining problem. A few thousandths shouldn't make a difference. They could always measure and use the thickest ones.
JoshGrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 PM #61
linty

linty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
linty is an NCPA player
im just wondering, has pe every come out and said that the failure rate is 9/10 or whatever, or has that become the urban legend about their aurora style?

GEARBAG SALE(PRO JERSEY,HK GEAR ETC)
linty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:38 PM #62
-rippers-
RIP PAINTBALL

the thickness will always most likley differ no matter how percise the machine is. It won't be able to keep an even micron thickness. Anyway, that doesn't make a difference. That is why I am so confused why they said that. They must have just completly made the failure rate up.

I only have one theory on how they could ahve ruigned the bodies. It must have been heat. Aluminum's melting point is 660 c. And maybe they put it in a furnace to oxidize it, and accidently melted them.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:46 PM #63
rmartuszewski
82 ABN DIV Army Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by linty View Post
im just wondering, has pe every come out and said that the failure rate is 9/10 or whatever, or has that become the urban legend about their aurora style?
Yes, awhile back I read on here about how they said it was the barrel threads in the body that get messed up.

I think it might have been jak wood, but don't qoute me on that.

I think it's BS so they can mark up the price. They did the cockers a long time ago, and if the fail rate was so high they would have not done the nexus egos. Also they are now doing the CCU kits for the 07, I bought one for my 07. I was also the first one to sugest it on here in a thread about the aurora finish. So maybe I had some part in that with out knowing. Who knows? I love egos, and love other things about PE. I just think a lot of what they do is messed up. I forsee them turning out like SP in the near furture if they countinue down the road they are going.

Here's the post I made about doing the CCU kit in aurora finish, back in 05/07/2007. Just scroll down the page. Also this was back when the CCU kits started to come out for the 07, so I may have been late on the idea. Only PE knows how long they have been planing it. My pricing was almost on the dot also, lol.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...post355 16402

Last edited by rmartuszewski : 07-23-2007 at 10:51 PM.