Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-17-2007, 11:16 PM #1
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
okay

okay, these detents are driving me up the wall. even with my bolt trimmed and milled so that they COMPLETELY clear the detents, they damn things still wear out because of their construction. it's a technically bad desing that is prone to wear cuz it's just a little "finger" that sticks out and hopes to prevent double feeding.

so i ahve a plan. but first i need to determine which detent to replace the stock ones with. i'm thinking i'll go with ion detents, but i need something that sticks out from the body as little as possible so i can fit them in the stock eye covers. i plan to drill as little as possible, so i hope to only do it once.

the one thing i ask all of you for is what kind of detent i should use. i' looking for one that is as low profile as possible. spring is good but i'm looking for one where the spring actually fits inside the hollow inner part of the detent. i'm sure i've seen a pair like that, i'm just not sure where. would marq one's work?
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 PM #2
newpbkid
striving for greenness

newpbkid plays in the PSP
newpbkid supports Team VICIOUS
newpbkid plays in the APPA D3 division
newpbkid has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
idk.. maybe DM5? looked at my friends DM5 detents the other day and they might work.. the spring just sits on the back of the eye cover i think that is what you were saying at the end tho.. idk if the spring had enough pressure from the eye cover a dm5s would work well.. other than that.. I thought I saw some detents like you are looking for from lucky but they are all europe now.. might check and look at the lucky ion detents....
Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 AM #3
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
I know replacing the type of detents would be a fun mod, but you could just get extra hards, and not have to worry about it if that is the path you want to take, if not then I would try for the Freestyles, detents, they are pretty bad ***.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 AM #4
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

i'm mainly trying to change what kind i need because i just phoned BLAST and they said that even they are in short supply of timmy detents. the people who make 'em are starting to slow production cuz timmies aren't as populat anymore.
i don't wanna spend $2 per detent. if i was to buy, i'd get a bulk supply of 50 for $30 off ebay. they are the clear OEM ones too, so they don't rip as easily. i'm probably going to do that anyways

plus it is a fun one to do, mostly cuz i have a grudge against all timmy style detents.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:15 AM #5
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

i am also concerned that the spring loaded ones won't have enough travel room to let the ball clear if i install them. on my friends' DM5 and DM6, the detents sit pretty deep in the body, while NME ones are just external. the Freestlye ones have a farly long body and i'm not sure they'd fit. thos are the first ones i looked at
Old 07-18-2007, 11:29 AM #6
Brute06

The detents on the DM6 sound like what you want. They don't protrude very far and they don't really have a lot of travel. When I got mine, I didn't think they'd even work, but they work wonderfully.

If you're gonna buy a huge kit like that, I'd like to split it with you. I'll send you half the money and we'll split the kit, that way we're not stuck with tons of detents that we'll never really need.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:18 PM #7
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

lol, yea, i was gunna split the pack with a friend. sorry :/

i'll ask my friend to borrow his DM and see what i can do.