Poll for all those interested in the 19.5k tournament... - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should the tournament be changed?
Keep the tournament format the way it is. 2 66.67%
Reduce the entry by $300.00 per division and reduce the payout by 1/2. 1 33.33%
Does not matter, wont be able to make it either way. 0 0%
Any other options? (if you select this please post your option) 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-17-2007, 05:49 PM #1
MrMech01

Poll for all those interested in the 19.5k tournament...

************* EVENT CANCELLED ******************
Sorry everyone but due to the lack of registration for this event we have made the decision as of today (7/19/07)
to cancel this event. If you were waiting until the last minute to register I am sorry but we could not wait any
longer. Please keep a lookout for a future event. The upper crust of our team is going to sit down and see what
we can do to lower this entry but still keep a high payout for everyone. Please accept our apologizes for this
and we hope to see you at our next one.

Alan
************* EVENT CANCELLED ******************

Ok....so far registered teams have been a little light. Either everyone is waiting till the last minute (not a good idea) or you all think that the entry is to high. So, here is the deal. Check out this poll and give your opinion. Let me know asap as this date is quickly approaching. Thanks.

Alan

Last edited by MrMech01 : 07-19-2007 at 06:22 PM. Reason: cancelled event
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2007, 09:37 PM #2
hans02
I am BATMAN!

has been a member for 10 years
Paint is a huge issue. The quality of paint you are selling for the price is ridiculous. For a tournament with type of payout, 2 or 3 levels of paint should be available, and not cost an arm and a leg.

My Pictures From Iraq

"I believe that if life hands you lemons you should make lemonade. I also believe that you should find someone that life handed them Vodka, and have a party!"

-Ron White-
Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 PM #3
MrMech01

Ok...You and I have spoke about the paint via email and phone but I guess I was not able to help you understand the decision well enough so let me try again.

I know that you are a field owner. I know that you are aware of paint prices. I am sure you know what it will cost to run a tournament. However, everything you know is Montana prices. Prices in every state are different so to compare what you pay to what we pay is not quite accurate.

Next, we have shot Spectrum paint at a field here in Colorado during a tournament. We paid $60.00 per case + $3.00 tax (notice their total price is higher than ours) and had no problem paying this amount. That is a standard price for Colorado paintball. When we attended this event, it is one event where I will say I heard no complaints about the paint. It shot straight, was round, and broke enough to not complain about bounces.

Is there better quality out there available...sure. But understand that we have to cover our expenses in runing this event to be able to host it. As a field owner you should understand this. We are still working on a deal that might switch our paint to the Spyder Pro Red Box but that deal has not been completed as of yet. If that happens, we will use that paint rather than the Spectrum. Also, if we are able to get it at a good enough price, we will lower the cost to the players.

I hope this helps you understand our pricing. While I do not need to justify any price, I wanted to attempt to do so that all would understand that we too are players and understand everything about a tournament. Please know that if we can find a better paint at a better price we will pass that on to everyone.

Alan