Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2007, 07:57 PM #1
mmspurge

Pistols?

I am looking into getting my husband a pistol for his bday. Are there any you would recommend and where do you get paintballs and such for these? is it worth it or should i just upgrade his gun more? Thanks
mmspurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2007, 12:11 PM #2
Sgt._Slaughter
Inspector Gadget

There are plenty of quality pistols on the market, a few to mention are the Tac-8(although the price is about $100 more than most pistols), ACP2, Overlord RX, WSP, and the Zeus G2+, just to name a few.

As a pistol owner I can honestly say that pistols are not for everyone. They are very fun to play with and excellent at honing your skills on the field, but not everyone has a use for a pistol. I would first figure out if it would be more beneficial to buy him a pistol, or other upgrades instead.

Almost all pistols use the standard .68cal paintball as a projectile.

If you end up in the market for a pistol after all, I would highly recommend the Ariakon ACP2. I've owned mine since it was released a year and a half ago, and haven't had any problems at all. For a pistol it is the most accurate pistol I've shot. Not to mention its very reliable, and very simple to take apart if anything does go wrong.

-Winston Churchill
Sgt._Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 AM #3
BloodRedSummer

I'm a huge Zeus g2+ fan. There quite reliable and have a bunch of upgrades for that custom look. Sgt's ACP2 recomendation is also a good choice. Had one for a year and it was great although I still could'nt put down my g2+.
"paintballer9876: great wall of china, 1 billion chinese rushing up with tippmans, while 10 million americans defending with dm7's marqs, egos, and every other high end out there (no the ion is not a real high end) with unlimited paint, and air."

"ryancxx: Why the hell would Americans be defending the great wall of china from the chinese you dumb ****"
BloodRedSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 AM #4
Boogieman69
Check beneath your beds!

I'd get him a Pistol simply for the fun factor (unless his main marker is in serious need of upgrading). Even though there isnt a constant need for one in battle its nice to have one for a just in case moment. My brother in law and I bought pistols (mine isnt in yet) and the other member of our team will most likely pick one up. We plan on running some pistol only games in in the woods behind his house which sounds like alot of fun. I did a bit of research and ended up buying an ACP2. If money isnt an issue I'd suggest the Tac 8 but be forewarned, the accessories are high priced as well so you'd be looking at a hefty chunk of change.
Bad Company Fan #33
Spyder Elite
Boogieman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 PM #5
shadoflame
i can pump 30 bps, no AT.

shadoflame owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
i suggest a Squall from Palmer's Pursuit Shop. it's a high end pistol, not a low end blow back.

the marker is on the expensive side due to it's high quality performance and handmade craftsmanship, but is worth every penny.

here's more info on it: http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/semiautos.htm

Features:*

EACH PALMER SEMI IS PRECISION CRAFTED TO EXACTING STANDARDS then INDIVIDUALLY TUNED AND TESTED BY HIGHLY SKILLED, TRAINED AND QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS, TO INSURE OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE.

ADVANCED PNEUMATIC AUTOMATION
-STB Pneumatic components
-Short Trigger Pull that is Light and Crisp
-Traditional Ruggedness
-8" Ultra Smooth Brass Barrel, Honed & Polished for Unmatched Accuracy
-High Efficiency with Max Performance Valve, 25-30 shots at FULL velocity (ACP 2.0 dropped to 265 after 20 shots)
-10 round spring feed with quikchange feed plug
-ULTRA QuikStrip (fast field stripping)
-TruDial Velocity Adjustment
-Barrel Wedgit
-Consistent Velocity At Any Rate Of Fire
-Nickel Plated
-Ball Feed Control Détente
-A finished product, ready for CO2 or compressed air systems
-PMI rubber rubber grips (Hogue style)

*features edited to be specific for the Squall pistol.

EDIT: ps, the standard nickel plating looks AWESOME in real life. the pics on the site don't show how great it is.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM #6
shadoflame

ariakons and zeus are both blow backs, which mean they are just spyders re figured to be pistol shaped and use 10 round spring feeds, but are still spyders.
im not knocking to spyders, but they're just low end.

zeuses are the best in this group and have nicer valving and machining than ariakon, but doesnt even compare to a Squall.

masses produced cant beat custom handmade.

ONLY downside to the squall is that it doesn't use removable magazines. the feedcap is easily removed though. it has a large handle and all it takes is a twist and pull. ariakon acp 2.0 is faster and easier than the zeus and squall at reloading, but it has to be, since the 10 shots of the previous magazine all missed. .

the squall has a functioning iron sight, since it's handmade and goes through many inspections and tests. the acp and zeus's sights aren't good due to it being mounted on a removable magazine that can move around.

if u wanna know more about why the squall is the best choice for your husband, give pps a call, they'll have more info than me.
(916) 923-9676
Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 AM #7
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
pt extreme is where its at. nice feel, its light and as anyone will tell you closed bolt wont make his pistol any more accurate.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 PM #8
shadoflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
pt extreme is where its at. nice feel, its light and as anyone will tell you closed bolt wont make his pistol any more accurate.
yep. closed bolt is no more accurate than open. but blow backs are more inconsistent than autococking mechanisms.

the pt is pretty nice. VERY light. i like the jr ones better though.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:46 PM #9
Pnuemagger
OVER THE LINE!

IMO the tiberus is a bit pricey, but worth it. Very cool looking and different from the midgit spyder pistols. Not quite PPS quality, but cheaper and more fun as the paint and air go in the magazine. Only downside to the tiberus pistols is that extra mags are like $30.
Pnuemagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 PM #10
shadoflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnuemagger View Post
IMO the tiberus is a bit pricey, but worth it. Very cool looking and different from the midgit spyder pistols. Not quite PPS quality, but cheaper and more fun as the paint and air go in the magazine. Only downside to the tiberus pistols is that extra mags are like $30.
oh shoot. i forgot about those. yeh. the Tiberius is REALLY awsome. it's pricy also, but not as pricy as a pps. it has a built in reg that keeps ur shots consistent (maybe even more consistent than pps squall) and works better in cold weather than the midgit spyders(ariakon, zeus, pt, delta).

now that i remember about the tiberius tac 8, i suggest getting that also. just get it in a kit with extra magazines if there is a kit.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:10 PM #11
mmspurge

I can't afford that expensive of one...I really want to get him one...found a PT extreme for 50 too good to be true?? thanks!!
mmspurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:30 PM #12
shadoflame

50 sounds about right. the depreciation on those are that much due to it being... uh.. not on par with tac 8 or squall.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 AM #13
LauDauns

Correct .
I must agree, things have got rather large~~!

ipod touch software
LauDauns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM #14
boarder2k7
Tippmann Pride

has been a member for 10 years
I just wrote this in another thread about the Arikon Overlord RX
Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder2k7
I don't know whether or not its worth you buying a new gun, but I can tell you that its a great piece. Its really accurate, and gets about 20 shots per cartridge, maybe 25. The balance is quite good, although it is heavy. The quick release clip is awesome, works like a charm, really fast and easy to use.

The only real downside to mine is that its a low production number, #00237, and they had a small milling problem on one side. The little textured ridges on the left side of mine are not smooth and even like they should be/are on the right side. It looks like they had a coolant failure while it was being cut, but it doesn't affect the performance at all. I'm sure it will be straightened out quickly, this may have been the only one like that, those kinds of problems get caught quickly.
The barrel is spyder threaded, but they haven't released the muzzle break for it yet so I had to make one.

Good hunting,
B
Tippmann speedballer #15....
Sign up for www.tippmannowners.com leave refferer as boarder2k7 and you will be my hero!
Feedback
More feedback

Last edited by boarder2k7 : 10-29-2007 at 01:10 PM.
boarder2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 PM #15
BlackJacketxL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoflame View Post
ariakon acp 2.0 is faster and easier than the zeus and squall at reloading, but it has to be, since the 10 shots of the previous magazine all missed. .
you've obviously never used one.
BlackJacketxL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:35 PM #16
shadoflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJacketxL View Post
you've obviously never used one.
what makes it so obvious? would you like to see my receipt when i purchased my acp 2.0?

your senseless comment proves that you're obviously an idiot.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:44 AM #17
BlackJacketxL

Quote:
what makes it so obvious? would you like to see my receipt when i purchased my acp 2.0?

your senseless comment proves that you're obviously an idiot.
well i have an acp 2.0 and its accurate as ****. your senseless comment proves you obviously can't aim.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:47 PM #18
shadoflame

Quote:
well i have an acp 2.0 and its accurate as ****. your senseless comment proves you obviously can't aim.
?

please explain how my comment proves i cant aim. for you are still not making sense.

i have a high standard for precision, which leads to higher accuracy. the acp 2.0 has not met my standard. the acp 2.0 i bought was one of the first ones, so i assume the later ones where touched up a bit. for mine, the barrel was not well honed, the threaded holes for the magazine mount protruded down into the barrel, and lastly, the magazine wobbles, making it aim to a different spot everytime.

a pgp shoots straigter than this
Old 02-05-2008, 07:45 PM #19
BlackJacketxL

Quote:
?

please explain how my comment proves i cant aim. for you are still not making sense.

i have a high standard for precision, which leads to higher accuracy. the acp 2.0 has not met my standard. the acp 2.0 i bought was one of the first ones, so i assume the later ones where touched up a bit. for mine, the barrel was not well honed, the threaded holes for the magazine mount protruded down into the barrel, and lastly, the magazine wobbles, making it aim to a different spot everytime.

a pgp shoots straigter than this
ok then maybe we can agree that they might have had a few flaws in the earlier models that they fixed. my magazine doesn't wobble and it shoots straight. it doesn't make me an idiot. your comment makes just as little sense as mine. i just assumed you couldn't aim because you said you emptied an entire magazine and couldn't hit your target. i didn't realize that your gun had design flaws. people have borrowed mine at games and said they loved it. that it was the most reliable and most accurate pistol they've used. ariakon must have done something right if law enforcement uses them for their pepperball guns.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 PM #20
Crossfire426

Quote:
ariakon must have done something right if law enforcement uses them for their pepperball guns.
That's supprising cuz i'm from NY and i can't tell you personally, but i heard they use shotguns to propel their . . . "special" people friendly pprojectiles.

Plus... aren't Tiberius Tac-8s more accurate than the Overorld Rx and ACP 2.0?
Crossfire426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 PM #21
paintballfreak312
Animal

paintballfreak312 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballfreak312 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballfreak312 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballfreak312 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballfreak312 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes.
paintballfreak312 is offline   Reply With Quote