PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-09-2007, 12:01 PM #1
capseaslug

New Set-Up

So yesterday i went to the local paint ball place and played a few rounds with a rental gun, i am now hooked. So i was wondering what your suggestions on a new setup for a new player are for $500 or less
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 PM #2
JaKCd Up'D

well since your new id say go with what i did
ion-200http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...U=010-112-0041
and thishttp://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...QAAAEQXbVcnqgn

use the rest for clothes pods paks and a mask. its a great little gun and if you want look into other guns maybe the ion pro i gotta say its got everything you need to get started
Old 07-09-2007, 12:06 PM #3
mwslo93

your spending alot of money fast but its your choice. i would look on ebay for a good ion package. ions dont have a very good resale value so it would be cheaper off ebay and ions have unlimited upgrades
It is also true that 89% of the percentage of people who are part of the 3% who havnt done somthing really have done it 90% of the time thus only 1% of paintballers actually tell 80% of the truth 50% of the time.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM #4
Psychotic #2

Psychotic #2 is an NCPA player
Psychotic #2 plays in the APPA D5 division
yea that is a great starting gun
Old 07-09-2007, 12:13 PM #5
tvo
its bigger in Texas

go to the wtb and type in the amount you want to spend and that you want a package and see what pops up. Ions are good starters but with 500 you can do alot better.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:17 PM #6
capseaslug

yeah, ive heard i can do better than an ion but i dont know what else is good and i really dont wanna be laughed off the field lol
Old 07-09-2007, 12:27 PM #7
JaKCd Up'D

yes but believe me if you get anything more than a PMR youll be confused and you probably end up breakin it cause your new....no offense but it happens ions are very simple so you could do better but it wouldnt be the best choice for where you are at right now....just my 2 cents
Old 07-09-2007, 12:31 PM #8
Waxball88
Ego♥

Find a good deal, my friend got a 2k5'd timmy package with an empire b2 and carbonfibre tank for 500, you can definitely do better than that for that amount of cash
Old 07-09-2007, 12:34 PM #9
Jdiby17V2.0
The names joe

DO NOT get a ion... you will regret it. Go with a ICD promaster, it shoots alot better, faster, more efficent and its not plastic . i have owned both guns.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 PM #10
Phant0m Chief
~[{Pete}]~#12

Phant0m Chief plays in the PSP
Phant0m Chief owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Phant0m Chief plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKCd Up'D View Post
well since your new id say go with what i did
ion-200http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...U=010-112-0041
and thishttp://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...QAAAEQXbVcnqgn

use the rest for clothes pods paks and a mask. its a great little gun and if you want look into other guns maybe the ion pro i gotta say its got everything you need to get started
yup
Old 07-09-2007, 12:49 PM #11
dommer

dont forget he needs a full package

ion=200(new)
tank=150(used)
halo=50-80(used)
mask=50-100 for good one(new most important piece of equipment)
pants=upto you used or new
pack=30-60 (new)
Old 07-09-2007, 01:02 PM #12
shiitake

Quote:
yes but believe me if you get anything more than a PMR youll be confused and you probably end up breakin it cause your new....no offense but it happens ions are very simple so you could do better but it wouldnt be the best choice for where you are at right now....just my 2 cents

ions are not simple. i can clean a chop in my ego with my eyes closed, not so much with my ion. The ion is rather messy on the inside, if you need something easy to tech, i would suggest a used etek or maybe 05 ego if your lucky.

i bet you can find etek.05 ego+tank and egg2 for less than 500
Old 07-09-2007, 01:18 PM #13
Kerro
Hey look over there

Wow yes your brand new to the game go get a DM7 or maybe a Borg.

Get something mid end like an ion and the rest of your gear. DONT SCRIMP ON ACCESORIES.

To many people buy this fancy 800$ gun then forget they have another 300$ worth of accesories to buy to use the gun right.

Basically get an ion/other mid end gun because its a nice gun its not very expensive and you will learn electropneumatic basics on a gun that if you break your not out 900$, Then while your at it get some good accesories like a Halo or Vlocity and a nice mask and HPA tank.

And in the future when your better at paintball used to shooting fast you can either up your ion or you can buy a newer top end gun and use the ion as a back up.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 PM #14
JaKCd Up'D

ok im tired of reapeting myself
the guy who said get an ego...sorry but even though you can clean it with your eyes closed doesnt mean anything...sure ya can but i mean he has to learn how to take of a gun and an ion is a good one cause its an electric and it will teach him the basics of an electric marker. sure it hard to clean sometimes but mines nerver broken a ball so i aint worried about that..second whoever said promaster you are stupid to....those things have so many reg problems and he wont know how to do all the stuff to fix it. and if an ion breaks any one can fx it i mean any proshop knows an ion inside and out...
o and another thing is stay away from used items for your first gun cause sometimes there broken and you get scammed and thats not a good way to get started.....just my other 2 cents and please dont flame...
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 PM #15
shiitake

what i was saying is, its much easier to learn to operate a electric marker on a well built specimen than not.

Learning to maintain and fix/tech an ion is much more difficult than the equivilent for an ego/etek.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 PM #16
JaKCd Up'D

no your wrong cause the electronics are more complex in those and if its so much easier then once he learns to tech an ion and wants to get a better marker he can get one without havin to question himself on if its to hard to take care of...and if he got an ego then use all his money on the gun remember he still needs clothes a pack pods hopper and take..and thats my 2 cents for the third time...
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 PM #17
tvo
its bigger in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdiby17V2.0 View Post
DO NOT get a ion... you will regret it. Go with a ICD promaster, it shoots alot better, faster, more efficent and its not plastic . i have owned both guns.
woot I'm rockin a LPM and lovin it. Personally I wouldn't own a Ion because of the resale value or the fact every kid owns one. Look in the wtb section you will see in almost every thread people saying no Ions. Gots to mean something.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:57 PM #18
shiitake

Quote:
no your wrong cause the electronics are more complex in those and if its so much easier then once he learns to tech an ion and wants to get a better marker he can get one without havin to question himself on if its to hard to take care of...and if he got an ego then use all his money on the gun remember he still needs clothes a pack pods hopper and take..and thats my 2 cents for the third time...
to each his own
Old 07-09-2007, 01:59 PM #19
JaKCd Up'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiitake View Post
to each his own
uhh dont understand whatcha meant?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 PM #20
tvo
its bigger in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiitake View Post