Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-25-2001, 11:30 AM #1
IceFire

has been a member for 10 years
Question Looking for a google

Guys and gals,

Need some help here. I'm looking for a thermo google. I am thinking about the V-Force Shield or the Flex-7. I like the V-Force because of the throat guard. The Flex-7 has the soft mask that makes it a little more comfortable when the gun is up next to face.

What do you guys think of these two? Are there any other that you might recommend?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2001, 02:29 PM #2
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
i myself use the ice but its the same as the flex 7

clear vision very easy going on the face look nice and there are plenty of products for them.

im upgrading to maybe a proteus...maybe...but i still love my ice. havent been hit in throat too many times but the pain passes. and plus the flex 7 is soft aoround the mouth. i have had so many bounces and it was a life saver because i was able to stay in the game and do my job.

i think the flex 7 is the choice for you...but its all personal preference.
Old 09-25-2001, 03:14 PM #3
Ilyag
Banned

I use the V-Force models, and LOVE them. In fact, my V-Force has only fogged one time, and that was at the Michigan Monster Game. The temperature was over 90 degrees, the humidity level was awfully high, and I was in the forest. Also, this was after 2 consecutive hours of play. The fogging was not very horrible either, and my vision was clear again after five or so minutes of stepping out into the open. Also, if you wear glasses, the V-Force models will fit you well. The mask is comfortable all-around, and the detachable neck guard is always there. V-Force masks are extremely durable too. In fact, my local field uses the low-end V-Force as rental masks.
Old 09-25-2001, 06:37 PM #4
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i myself use the flex 7. it's a very comfy mask and feels good on, not like a helmet around your head. the bottom provides for great bounces and i can't remember the last time it fogged.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 09-25-2001, 06:51 PM #5
NightGyr
19 Kilo

chew on this: u need the jaws of life to remove/install lenses on spectras, i don know if its different on newer masks, and i saw a dude take a pball to the flexy part of his flex 7....busted his lip wide open....he didnt come back to play for a few weeks an he had a different mask when he returned lol
[size]Glacier Fluster #1Glacier Fluster #2

Got a gash on my head, And a grin on my face, And a shadow called danger.
Hidin' in the sheets, And on the streets, In the hearts of every stranger.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:56 AM #6
IceFire

Thanks guys for the info. I just order the V-force shield. I got it for $45 bucks, which isn't too bad. I heard that they will add the neck protection on the Morph, which is like the flex-7. If that is true, I'll check it out and use the shield as a backup mask.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:12 PM #7
Ilyag
Banned

Good choice! Hope you have fun with it Also, make sure to read the instructions that come with it on how to maintain your lenses properly and operate your mask.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:20 PM #8
Bud_Orr.
Canadian eh?

the spectra sucks!!

the PMI X-ray goggle is way better than the Spectra...people only buy spectras becuase they have the JT logo on them
Old 09-30-2001, 03:34 PM #9
sorisko

I disagree.... Xray is unconfortable... pretty rough foam around the lense.... tight.. and all hard plastic... actually the Xray is the same thing as the Nforcer... just with out the removable foam pieces .... also.. JT makes that mask for PMI.... I actually really liked the Spectra...but I like my Flex 7 IZE a lot more... dont get me wrong.. the xray is alright... but I believe the Flex's are a lot better and worth the extra cash... but again... its all personal prefrence
Old 09-30-2001, 04:19 PM #10
Bud_Orr.
Canadian eh?

sorisko you are dead wrong..... I have tried both the PMI X-Ray goggles and the JT Spectra ones. They both feel EXACTLY the same except the JT ones have foam in there lenses which feels identical to a stryofoam cup being placed against your face, whereas the X-ray ones have a foam identical to a Flex-7 mask. I make fun of my brother for buying the JT one because the PMI ones at our field feel so much more comfortable.

I know the X-Ray is made by JT, becuase PMI was too lazy to design a mask for themselves. So they gave money to the company to have thier name on it.

Old 09-30-2001, 04:31 PM #11
sorisko

Lol, the way you put that made me laugh... I dont know... maybe your field replaced the foam... but I know the 5 mask's my friends have (Xray) the foam is pretty rough and really hurts your eyes... I dont know what so say.. sorry If i sounded like an idiot before
Old 09-30-2001, 04:44 PM #12
$cYnTiFiK
Banned

if u go with the flex 7 and your worried about your throat u can always getta neck protector from redz for like 10 bux
Old 09-30-2001, 06:38 PM #13
Bud_Orr.
Canadian eh?

maybe you are getting it mized up with the Spectra..dont forget, PMI masks and spectras look exactly identical except the JT has contrasting colours on it.

I swear though..the JT ones dont even feel like foam, they are like styrofoam or some really crappy material..it gives me a headache just wearing them for a day.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:10 PM #14
sorisko

Nah... its the xray... but yes I understand what you mean by the hard foam...that isnt on the spectra... its on the Xfire.... yeah... i know what you mean in that case.. if you are compairing the xray to the xfire then your right... the xray is soooo much more confortable.... but such foam on the spectra's and Flex's is like tons softer then that on the xray... ill try to post pictures in a few minutes when I get back on later of the foam differences between the flex (and spectra) compaired to the Xfire (THAT HURTS WHEH YOU WEAR IT!)
Old 09-30-2001, 07:25 PM #15
sorisko

Alright...first up.. the Alpha, most like the Xray.. infact uses the same foam as the xfire/nFORCER..etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alpha.jpg (14.7 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by sorisko : 09-30-2001 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:27 PM #16
sorisko

the Xfire with the "foam" lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xfire.jpg (10.9 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by sorisko : 09-30-2001 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:31 PM #17
sorisko

Flex 7 / Spectra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flex.jpg (15.4 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by sorisko : 09-30-2001 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2001, 10:37 PM #18
Bud_Orr.
Canadian eh?

well I put research into it and it looks as if my brother bought a JT ELITE Nvader mask. Maybe this is different then the ones your friends own. But I can tell you the foam is indentical to the X-fire

Last edited by Bud_Orr. : 09-30-2001 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:44 AM #19
IceFire

Got the my sheild in a couple days ago. I haven't use it on the field yet, but man it is nice. I can see very clearly. The lens is very easy to take out and is design so paint won't get trap in the groves, because it doesn't have groves for lens. The neck guard is ok, I didn't even notice it there when try to move my head around. The chin strap is totally useless.

The fit was very good. The straps have rubber waves on it to help keep it on you head. The foams are comfortable.

I'll find out soon enough if it does well on the field or not.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:32 PM #20
C]-[iLDe
Fly Or Die

C]-[iLDe is a Supporting Member
The Flex 7 is like the industry standard in gogs. Cant go wrong with it. I have 2 myself (one extra for a buddy, girlfriend, etc).

I recently bought a Proteus, and I REALLY like it. Fits nice and snug, small profile, and looks cool. It is lacking in throat protection though so if u get gogged a lot its probably not the mask for you.

Having difficulty deciphering my extensive vocabulary? Click HERE
Old 10-06-2001, 12:01 PM #21
Verde

I just got a package deal that included an Elite XFire Tactical Thermal set up. The goggles have me a little confused since there's no markings on them. I'm wondering if I got what I paid for. Is there any way to tell if the lenses are thermal (do they look different than regular lenses)? Mine have a protective film on the inside that says "Anti Fog Lense".

Also, the foam is very thick and soft--not like the afore mentioned XFire masks. Not that I'm complaining about that part. Thanks.