got flying speghetti monster?! =/ - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:36 PM #1
Paintballer101
 
 
Paintballer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
got flying speghetti monster?! =/

Pastafarianism

i always took it as a joke when people told me about the religion "pastafarianism" but my sisters homosexual friend came over before they went clubbin' and he elaborated on this joke of a religion...funny thing is he actually strongly beleaves in it...this is what he said to me after i doubted it...

"so what? your actually saying you don't beleave that there's no linguiny(sp?) up their watching down on us?!?!" actually screaming at me while i try and hold back the raging laugh...

some flying speghetti monster facts for you....


Two months ago, Cory was among the first to blog about "Flying Spaghetti Monster" -- the overlord of a new parody religion created to protest a Kansas State Board of Education decision allowing so-called Intelligent Design to be taught in science classes.

The FSM cult now has a Wikipedia entry, with details that indicate that followers of His Noodliness -- Pastafarians -- are growing in number, like so many meatballs accumulating on a plate of linguini. A few of the facts I learned:

Codes of conduct:
# Prayers are ended with the word RAmen rather than Amen.

Benefits of conversion:
# Like the great noodles they worship, Flying Spaghetti Monsterists have flimsy moral standards.
# Promise of a stripper factory and a beer volcano in Heaven.

A rival faction, based on SPAM (Spaghetti & Pulsar Activating Meatballs), has formed and is calling for a Holy War against FSM. SPAMation claims to have the One True Letter to the Kansas School Board.



oh yes and the "i told ya so" pics...




BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...


am i missing something here? please, PLEASE let me know cause i find it hard to beleave "10's of thousands of people visit fsm churches daily"
Paintballer101 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2007, 04:38 PM #2
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Shh...
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:40 PM #3
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
No, he doesn't actually believe that, you fool.
Truthiness is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:48 PM #4
Paintballer101
 
 
Paintballer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
No, he doesn't actually believe that, you fool.
my sister's friend? yes he does...
Paintballer101 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 04:55 PM #5
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1888941
already one of these. or did I miss something?
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 05:43 PM #6
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer101 View Post
my sister's friend? yes he does...

no, no, no he does not.
Truthiness is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 05:46 PM #7
Paintballer101
 
 
Paintballer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
no, no, no he does not.
pastafarianism is suppose to be a joke religion created many a years ago...but is now being takin' seriously by many...

ya fail.

but so do i for not realising the fsm discussion thread...
Paintballer101 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 06:07 PM #8
MisterMcCool
 
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The YAY
I really don't know how to respond to this "religion" except by just laughing at the fact that people could take this serious....
MisterMcCool is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 06:17 PM #9
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer101 View Post
pastafarianism is suppose to be a joke religion created many a years ago...but is now being takin' seriously by many...

ya fail.

but so do i for not realising the fsm discussion thread...
No you fail.

Knock it off now.
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 06:47 PM #10
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I really don't know how to respond to this "religion" except by just laughing at the fact that people could take this serious....
Yet you can take people serious that believe some ghost in the clouds snaped his fingers and created the universe, then at some point got tired of it all and made it rain for 40 days and nights while some dude in a wood boat saved 2 of EVERY creature on earth. Later the great ghost sent his 'son' down, that was really him not someone else, to die nailed to a wood beam, because that would save the 'soul' of people who believed in him...

__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 07:20 PM #11
GoldEaglev3 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Yet you can take people serious that believe some ghost in the clouds snaped his fingers and created the universe, then at some point got tired of it all and made it rain for 40 days and nights while some dude in a wood boat saved 2 of EVERY creature on earth. Later the great ghost sent his 'son' down, that was really him not someone else, to die nailed to a wood beam, because that would save the 'soul' of people who believed in him...
GoldEaglev3 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 07:37 PM #12
Crede777
Resident Agnostic
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I really don't know how to respond to this "religion" except by just laughing at the fact that people could take this serious....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post

__________________
"We Fight! "We March!"
ST: P Conspiracy - It's what's for dinner
ST:R/P I ain't come from no fish!
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 07:44 PM #13
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Lol.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 07:55 PM #14
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
OP didn't even spell spaghetti right. Blasphemer!
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 08:59 PM #15
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Yet you can take people serious that believe some ghost in the clouds snaped his fingers and created the universe, then at some point got tired of it all and made it rain for 40 days and nights while some dude in a wood boat saved 2 of EVERY creature on earth. Later the great ghost sent his 'son' down, that was really him not someone else, to die nailed to a wood beam, because that would save the 'soul' of people who believed in him...
The Foo is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 01:48 AM #16
jcon217
 
 
jcon217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: htown
would it be any different of a parody if someone made some "real" belief about a giant pizza exploding to create the universe?
jcon217 is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 03:05 AM #17
s|o|u|p| my antidrug (Banned)
 
s|o|u|p| my antidrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer101 View Post
Pastafarianism

i always took it as a joke when people told me about the religion "pastafarianism" but my sisters homosexual friend came over before they went clubbin' and he elaborated on this joke of a religion...funny thing is he actually strongly beleaves in it...this is what he said to me after i doubted it...

"so what? your actually saying you don't beleave that there's no linguiny(sp?) up their watching down on us?!?!" actually screaming at me while i try and hold back the raging laugh...
So what do you belive in that is obviously so much more valid?
s|o|u|p| my antidrug is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 PM #18
Paintballer101
 
 
Paintballer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon217 View Post
would it be any different of a parody if someone made some "real" belief about a giant pizza exploding to create the universe?
pshht....

im in the mist of making my fries and gravy religion...its gonna kick every other religion's ***...
Paintballer101 is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 02:44 PM #19
OpticoN
cashhhh flowww
 
OpticoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MN
The flying spaghetti monster is basically the same concept as christianity. Worshiping a blob of spaghetti is about as insane as worshiping a ghost that lives in the clouds.
__________________
"Originally posted by Th3 Twiztid Two: Nothing like feeling like you used your dick as a murder weapon anyway."

***** iz you rollin!?!
OpticoN is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 03:28 PM #20
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticoN View Post
The flying spaghetti monster is basically the same concept as christianity. Worshiping a blob of spaghetti is about as insane as worshiping a ghost that lives in the clouds.
maybe if Christians worshiped a ghost in the clouds. so if that's your perception of Christianity, then your assumption would be correct for your view/understanding.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM #21
u238
 
 
u238's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alabama
u238 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
u238 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
u238 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pastafarianism is a counter to all religion. There is no scientific evidence for the existence of a christian god or any other, just as there is no evidence for the existence of a flying spaghetti monster. Therefore, all religions including Pastafarianism are equally legitimate.
u238 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump