bob long ironmen - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:21 PM #1
SkyLoaf
Woo
 
SkyLoaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
bob long ironmen

is it the bob long ironmen??
__________________
SkyLoaf is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 PM #2
subtle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: florida
subtle is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
subtle owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
no
subtle is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 PM #3
SkyLoaf
Woo
 
SkyLoaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
then why do i hear bob long ironmen alot
__________________
SkyLoaf is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:25 PM #4
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay
 
Decption-Clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Conroe, Tx
because back in the day the LA Ironmen and the BL Ironmen were the same team. something happened to cause a split, and then there were two teams. BL Ironmen died out/changed names.
__________________
Old Feedback
Decption-Clay is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:26 PM #5
SkyLoaf
Woo
 
SkyLoaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
what are they now?
__________________
SkyLoaf is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:28 PM #6
BananaION
 
 
BananaION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CANADA
iron men
__________________
FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ight=bananaion

Tyler Harmon Fan #32
BananaION is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:28 PM #7
SkyLoaf
Woo
 
SkyLoaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
ohh, does bob long have a team now
__________________
SkyLoaf is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:30 PM #8
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay
 
Decption-Clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Conroe, Tx
Blast/Legacy
__________________
Old Feedback
Decption-Clay is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:31 PM #9
SkyLoaf
Woo
 
SkyLoaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
oh ok, thanks

why arent they on the team list on PBN?
__________________
SkyLoaf is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:47 PM #10
subtle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: florida
subtle is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
subtle owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLoaf View Post
oh ok, thanks

why arent they on the team list on PBN?
because they are: "San Diego Legacy"
subtle is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 08:52 PM #11
Hedkace
 
 
Hedkace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kentucky
Bob Long's Ironmen (and Ironkids) broke off to form XSV and Dynasty.

This was caused when Bob Long became dissatisfied with the performance of the Ironmen, and they in turn got pissed.
__________________
"Originally posted by The Ghetto Wizard: I especially love cox"
Hedkace is offline  
Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 PM #12
ajdx1000
GnarKill
 
ajdx1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Diego
ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedkace View Post
Bob Long's Ironmen (and Ironkids) broke off to form XSV and Dynasty.

This was caused when Bob Long became dissatisfied with the performance of the Ironmen, and they in turn got pissed.
What?

It all started way back in the day. Ironmen were one team. They used to win EVERYTHING. Then as more and more teams started playing, they began slipping from always getting 1st. Bob Long was a "realist" and was satisfied with their performance, as they still placed top 5 almost all the time. Others on the team felt his attitude was not a good one since they wanted to win everything and were not happy when they did not. So Bob Long was forced to retire/ kicked off the team. He did not want to retire, so he made his own team, Bob Long's Ironmen, which evolved into BLAST and later San Diego Legacy, when Bob Long and Gary Shows merged after Gary and Proto went separate ways.

Now, Dave Youngblood and the rest of the original Ironmen are the ones that founded the SC Ironmen. The majority of the SC Ironmen of old days evolved into Excessive.

The Ironkids were the "kids" that played with the SC Ironmen, and they made their own team to mess around with, and it just so happened they were incredibly successful. Their success was also their demise as the big name teams at the time began poaching their players. Some went to SC Ironmen, some went to Bob Long's Ironmen, some went to Avalanche, some went elsewhere that I cannot remember. After a while, the majority of the Ironkids reformed their team under the name, Dynasty. The remaining Ironkids were on various teams still, who would later join Dynasty.

The Los Angeles Ironmen of today consist of a few old timers, such as the great Billy Wing and Eric Roberts, and are led under the tutelage of Shane Pestana and Dave Youngblood, both guaranteed members of the paintball hall of fame if one existed. The rest of the team has old members of Aftershock, and other teams, and quite a few up and comers who are just magic on the field.
__________________
-Aaron

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
ajdx1000 is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 09:46 AM #13
Arcane2600 (Banned)
MSOE Raider
 
Arcane2600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
class dismissed.
Arcane2600 is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 PM #14
Riptide21
DT
 
Riptide21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pasadena
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
What?

It all started way back in the day. Ironmen were one team. They used to win EVERYTHING. Then as more and more teams started playing, they began slipping from always getting 1st. Bob Long was a "realist" and was satisfied with their performance, as they still placed top 5 almost all the time. Others on the team felt his attitude was not a good one since they wanted to win everything and were not happy when they did not. So Bob Long was forced to retire/ kicked off the team. He did not want to retire, so he made his own team, Bob Long's Ironmen, which evolved into BLAST and later San Diego Legacy, when Bob Long and Gary Shows merged after Gary and Proto went separate ways.

Now, Dave Youngblood and the rest of the original Ironmen are the ones that founded the SC Ironmen. The majority of the SC Ironmen of old days evolved into Excessive.

The Ironkids were the "kids" that played with the SC Ironmen, and they made their own team to mess around with, and it just so happened they were incredibly successful. Their success was also their demise as the big name teams at the time began poaching their players. Some went to SC Ironmen, some went to Bob Long's Ironmen, some went to Avalanche, some went elsewhere that I cannot remember. After a while, the majority of the Ironkids reformed their team under the name, Dynasty. The remaining Ironkids were on various teams still, who would later join Dynasty.

The Los Angeles Ironmen of today consist of a few old timers, such as the great Billy Wing and Eric Roberts, and are led under the tutelage of Shane Pestana and Dave Youngblood, both guaranteed members of the paintball hall of fame if one existed. The rest of the team has old members of Aftershock, and other teams, and quite a few up and comers who are just magic on the field.
GREAT READ!!
Riptide21 is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 06:39 PM #15
ajdx1000
GnarKill
 
ajdx1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Diego
ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide21 View Post
GREAT READ!!
Thank you . I compiled the information from the various films and things I have picked up over the years, I should make a post with it so more people read about the history and to clear up confusion.
__________________
-Aaron

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
ajdx1000 is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 06:52 PM #16
violentmonkey
 
 
violentmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
wow, learn something new everyday
violentmonkey is offline  
Old 07-06-2007, 06:05 PM #17
ry94080 (Banned)
Nor*Cal balla'
 
ry94080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South San Francisco
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
What?

It all started way back in the day. Ironmen were one team. They used to win EVERYTHING. Then as more and more teams started playing, they began slipping from always getting 1st. Bob Long was a "realist" and was satisfied with their performance, as they still placed top 5 almost all the time. Others on the team felt his attitude was not a good one since they wanted to win everything and were not happy when they did not. So Bob Long was forced to retire/ kicked off the team. He did not want to retire, so he made his own team, Bob Long's Ironmen, which evolved into BLAST and later San Diego Legacy, when Bob Long and Gary Shows merged after Gary and Proto went separate ways.

Now, Dave Youngblood and the rest of the original Ironmen are the ones that founded the SC Ironmen. The majority of the SC Ironmen of old days evolved into Excessive.

The Ironkids were the "kids" that played with the SC Ironmen, and they made their own team to mess around with, and it just so happened they were incredibly successful. Their success was also their demise as the big name teams at the time began poaching their players. Some went to SC Ironmen, some went to Bob Long's Ironmen, some went to Avalanche, some went elsewhere that I cannot remember. After a while, the majority of the Ironkids reformed their team under the name, Dynasty. The remaining Ironkids were on various teams still, who would later join Dynasty.

The Los Angeles Ironmen of today consist of a few old timers, such as the great Billy Wing and Eric Roberts, and are led under the tutelage of Shane Pestana and Dave Youngblood, both guaranteed members of the paintball hall of fame if one existed. The rest of the team has old members of Aftershock, and other teams, and quite a few up and comers who are just magic on the field.
very true.
ry94080 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:16 AM #18
mouse87
Blobcats D3x
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
What?

It all started way back in the day. Ironmen were one team. They used to win EVERYTHING. Then as more and more teams started playing, they began slipping from always getting 1st. Bob Long was a "realist" and was satisfied with their performance, as they still placed top 5 almost all the time. Others on the team felt his attitude was not a good one since they wanted to win everything and were not happy when they did not. So Bob Long was forced to retire/ kicked off the team. He did not want to retire, so he made his own team, Bob Long's Ironmen, which evolved into BLAST and later San Diego Legacy, when Bob Long and Gary Shows merged after Gary and Proto went separate ways.

Now, Dave Youngblood and the rest of the original Ironmen are the ones that founded the SC Ironmen. The majority of the SC Ironmen of old days evolved into Excessive.

The Ironkids were the "kids" that played with the SC Ironmen, and they made their own team to mess around with, and it just so happened they were incredibly successful. Their success was also their demise as the big name teams at the time began poaching their players. Some went to SC Ironmen, some went to Bob Long's Ironmen, some went to Avalanche, some went elsewhere that I cannot remember. After a while, the majority of the Ironkids reformed their team under the name, Dynasty. The remaining Ironkids were on various teams still, who would later join Dynasty.

The Los Angeles Ironmen of today consist of a few old timers, such as the great Billy Wing and Eric Roberts, and are led under the tutelage of Shane Pestana and Dave Youngblood, both guaranteed members of the paintball hall of fame if one existed. The rest of the team has old members of Aftershock, and other teams, and quite a few up and comers who are just magic on the field.
WOW, listen to this guy, he know his ****
mouse87 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:22 AM #19
SpI806
 
 
SpI806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
SpI806 plays in the PSP
SpI806 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SpI806 plays in the APPA D4 division
SpI806 supports DLX Technology
very nice explanation
__________________
OG WG
SpI806 is offline  
Old 07-07-2007, 07:54 PM #20
Speed_Scooter
MW **** the rest!
 
Speed_Scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The 260
Speed_Scooter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Speed_Scooter plays in the APPA D5 division
didnt Bob's guys form the Assassins?

He took half of those guys(Tyler, Zack and others) and joined forces with Gary Shows guys from the old Legacy to form the Legacy of today. Blast was the name that Bob used for his guys to play 7-man
__________________
Corey Schwanz

OG FallOut Member
260 Mafia-Love us or Hate us

TradeMyGun.com--Trust(Old School)--Monster Jersey Sale--Rare Colored Ego7 F/S
Speed_Scooter is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 07:16 AM #21
lifefordye
jive turkey
 
lifefordye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
ajdx1000 is 100x right
lifefordye is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump