25 Reasons Why I Am Not A Christian - Article - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 AM #1
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
25 Reasons Why I Am Not A Christian - Article

This was on reddit this morning, thought it would be a bright discussion debate.

http://www.control-z.com/pgs/why_no_longer.html
The Foo is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 AM #2
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Thats really long. Maybe you could give us a brief summary of the points made?
NicoleW is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 11:29 AM #3
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
Thats really long. Maybe you could give us a brief summary of the points made?
You can see them in blue, on top of each text.

01: The world does not behave the same way described in the bible.

...

By the way, you saying a text is really long is very funny
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 12:01 PM #4
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles666 View Post
By the way, you saying a text is really long is very funny
Now you know how people can believe so called "holy books"

*Scenario*

Teacher: The Bible says..........

Person: Hey......this is kinda long. Can you just summarize things for me?

Teacher: As long as you put money in the offering plate.

Person: Sweet. America Rules! McDonalds! George Bush! Cheerios! Thighmasters! **** YEA!
The Foo is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 12:24 PM #5
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
^
You forgot about guns and war!
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM #6
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles666 View Post
By the way, you saying a text is really long is very funny
I had the exact same thought running through my head as I wrote that
NicoleW is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 01:22 PM #7
Ari Shaffir (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Now you know how people can believe so called "holy books"

*Scenario*

Teacher: The Bible says..........

Person: Hey......this is kinda long. Can you just summarize things for me?

Teacher: As long as you put money in the offering plate.

Person: Sweet. America Rules! McDonalds! George Bush! Cheerios! Thighmasters! **** YEA!

Watch out everyone, it appears we got ourselves a hardcore non-conformist.
Ari Shaffir is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 01:53 PM #8
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Now you know how people can believe so called "holy books"

*Scenario*

Teacher: The Bible says..........

Person: Hey......this is kinda long. Can you just summarize things for me?

Teacher: As long as you put money in the offering plate.

Person: Sweet. America Rules! McDonalds! George Bush! Cheerios! Thighmasters! **** YEA!

you really show you're intelligance in writing somthing like this.
sooo.
because we are the most powerful nation in the world that means we're all fat idiots...
i really see you're logic there.

and what does George Bush have to do with an American stereotype.
Americans dislike him.

i'm just going to call you an idiot for what you've posted.
because it obviously shows no intelligence whatsoever.

and no-one says "i'll teach you what the Bible means if you give us you're money!"
at least not at any church i've been to.
and seriously, churchs need money so they can keep their building, pay their staff, and pay for many other expencise (sp?)
so you may wish to think about what you slanderously post before you do it, or else you'll make yourself look like... what you may quite possibly be, i don't know, from all of your other posts they basically confirm any assumptions i may have about you.
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."

Last edited by DYE baller FOR life : 07-02-2007 at 01:55 PM.
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 04:00 PM #9
Gold_Eagle (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
you really show you're intelligance in writing somthing like this.
Irony?

Last edited by Gold_Eagle : 07-03-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Gold_Eagle is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 04:32 PM #10
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
because we are the most powerful nation in the world that means we're all fat idiots...
Would you like me to post all of the articles published recently about how the US is the fattest country in the world ALONG with all of the articles stating facts about how we are falling behind the world in Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
and what does George Bush have to do with an American stereotype.
He's the leader of the US currently. He is the view that the international community sees when they look at America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
i'm just going to call you an idiot for what you've posted.
because it obviously shows no intelligence whatsoever.
So why are you posting this question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
and no-one says "i'll teach you what the Bible means if you give us you're money!"
at least not at any church i've been to.
Perhaps you were pissing when they passed the offering plate around. The Vatican Church has one of the largest gold repository's in the world. I wonder how they got it??? Hmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
and seriously, churchs need money so they can keep their building, pay their staff, and pay for many other expencise (sp?)
Yea, because your church offering really goes to the right places. See:

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/m...p?storyid=2921

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...4016_mz001.htm

And many others that have come up across the years. I'm sure they are doing God's work as they roll out to the club in their Lambo's and Bentleys, I'm sure they pray over "God's Blessing" every night as they eat dinner in their multi-million dollar homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
so you may wish to think about what you slanderously post before you do it, or else you'll make yourself look like... what you may quite possibly be, i don't know, from all of your other posts they basically confirm any assumptions i may have about you.
What is Slander? Tell me what I said that is completely and utterly false and has no basis whatsoever upon real facts?

Last edited by The Foo : 07-02-2007 at 04:35 PM.
The Foo is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 04:40 PM #11
jps332
▄Seven▄▄
 
jps332's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: boulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Would you like me to post all of the articles published recently about how the US is the fattest country in the world ALONG with all of the articles stating facts about how we are falling behind the world in Science?
I love how being fat has everything to do with how our nation is viewed. I guess all fat people are just unsuccessful losers. Grow up really there is nothing wrong with fat people other than them being unhealthy, they don't hurt other people. It's completely irrelevant.
__________________
What the Future Holds1
jps332 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 PM #12
Gold_Eagle (Banned)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps332 View Post
I love how being fat has everything to do with how our nation is viewed.
They don't call us fat, stupid idiots for nothing.
Gold_Eagle is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 05:03 PM #13
jps332
▄Seven▄▄
 
jps332's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: boulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
They don't call us fat, stupid idiots for nothing.
But what does being fat have to do with it. Yes we are the fattest nation... I just don't see how it has anything to do with being Christian.
__________________
What the Future Holds1
jps332 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 05:16 PM #14
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Considering I'm part of the "international community", The Foo is totally right.
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 07:24 PM #15
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
This was on reddit this morning, thought it would be a bright discussion debate.

http://www.control-z.com/pgs/why_no_longer.html
Link no workie...
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 07:41 PM #16
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Link no workie...
Bandwidth Error - The page you requested no longer exists or is temporarily unavailable.
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 08:20 PM #17
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike
 
Tippmann playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
And many others that have come up across the years. I'm sure they are doing God's work as they roll out to the club in their Lambo's and Bentleys, I'm sure they pray over "God's Blessing" every night as they eat dinner in their multi-million dollar homes.
You really have no idea do you?
__________________
"If you are reading this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier."

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Tippmann playa is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 PM #18
Grayscale
Unbending Perspicacity
 
Grayscale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Yea, because your church offering really goes to the right places. See:

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/m...p?storyid=2921

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...4016_mz001.htm

And many others that have come up across the years. I'm sure they are doing God's work as they roll out to the club in their Lambo's and Bentleys, I'm sure they pray over "God's Blessing" every night as they eat dinner in their multi-million dollar homes.

****, you're a moron. When I was growing up, my father was a pastor... I've seen enough churches for a few lifetimes, and they're either incredibly tight on money or spending what little extra they have to expand or fund missionaries.

If you can't see the illogic in looking to the small handful of people who exploit religion for money then I can't help you. Bentleys and Lambos? What the **** is wrong with your brain?

*poke poke*
__________________
I don't care about anything that you think about anything.
Grayscale is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 08:56 PM #19
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
I like how it is the religious people in the thread calling others idiots and morons. WTG
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 07-02-2007, 08:59 PM #20
Ari Shaffir (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
I like how it is the religious people in the thread calling others idiots and morons. WTG
Actually it pretty much started with this post from the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Now you know how people can believe so called "holy books"

*Scenario*

Teacher: The Bible says..........

Person: Hey......this is kinda long. Can you just summarize things for me?

Teacher: As long as you put money in the offering plate.

Person: Sweet. America Rules! McDonalds! George Bush! Cheerios! Thighmasters! **** YEA!
It is a pretty rude post to Americans in general.
Ari Shaffir is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 AM #21
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
Irony?
hardcore
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump