I think we should get rid of all the "ism" religons in the world - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-04-2007, 10:37 AM #43
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

has been a member for 10 years
No, because what the insurgents in iraq are doing has absolutely nothing to do with religion. It's about pushing invading forces off of the land that they are occupying. You know, like the revolutionary war?

Anybody who is killing innocent people in the name of Islam is not a muslim. Look in the Qur'an and show me one place where Islam tells to kill innocent people
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2007, 10:54 AM #44
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
"Fight and slay the Unbelievers wherever ye find them. Seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war."
Qur'an, Sura 9:5
Old 07-04-2007, 12:03 PM #45
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Honestly, most of the "insurgents" aren't even from Iraq. A good portion of them are Syrians and Iranians trying to keep things stirred up.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:07 PM #46
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
"Fight and slay the Unbelievers wherever ye find them. Seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war."
Explain that please.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 07-04-2007, 04:59 PM #47
jcon217

who?
Old 07-04-2007, 05:04 PM #48
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Anyone with a familiarity with the Qu'ran. Anyone who is Muslim. I've seen several quotes from the book that deal with slaughtering infidels. I've weeded out the fake ones made up by radical Christian pastors, but I still have found that there are several, like this one, that are real. Perhaps I am misunderstanding them, but it seems very plausible that some Muslims might interpret them as advocating the mass murder of non-Muslims.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 07-04-2007, 05:32 PM #49
Charles666
cwatididthar?

Quote:
Sick

ST:You're not one of us.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:13 PM #50
jcon217

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Anyone with a familiarity with the Qu'ran. Anyone who is Muslim. I've seen several quotes from the book that deal with slaughtering infidels. I've weeded out the fake ones made up by radical Christian pastors, but I still have found that there are several, like this one, that are real. Perhaps I am misunderstanding them, but it seems very plausible that some Muslims might interpret them as advocating the mass murder of non-Muslims.
I agree with you. Maybe we can bring it into the "lets talk Islam" thread.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:55 PM #51
CerealKillr
Graphic Solutions

Really, this concept isnt hard to imagine. All "isms" are based on a social construction that has chose to be accepted due to various reasons(A common trend seems to be hierarchy). For example, look at sexism, or racism. htose depend on the believe of Sex (Gender) and race. Gender is nothing more than the separation of human beings due to differerent physical anatomys. Or we define, again, human beings because of where they live, like it makes them a different person. however...

This would only be my social utopia, for, on the same guidelines of capitalism, people have the need or the urge to separate adn one-up themselves. They dont want to be associated with "lower class" humans. unfortunatly.

BTW, this could be nihlism, could not be. depends how you want to look at the term nihlism.
My system has crashed, I will not be able to take any orders FOR THE TIME BEING. Thanks for the patience.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 AM #52
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Organisms capable of speech patterns cause all types of problems.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 PM #53
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Nice job taking it out of context *******. That was a surah that tells the Muslims who are in battle to kill the people attacking them. The "unbelievers" are the soldiers who are trying to kill them because they are muslim. Like I said, I can post millions of quotes that says not to kill any innocent people, all which are in context. That particular quote is telling the muslims who are in battle to kill the non-believers that are trying to kill them. Pretty much common sense, huh?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:35 PM #54
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
Nice job taking it out of context *******. That was a surah that tells the Muslims who are in battle to kill the people attacking them. The "unbelievers" are the soldiers who are trying to kill them because they are muslim. Like I said, I can post millions of quotes that says not to kill any innocent people, all which are in context. That particular quote is telling the muslims who are in battle to kill the non-believers that are trying to kill them. Pretty much common sense, huh?
Oh ok. That seems pretty logical. Thanks for clearing it up. I always get confused when I hear a quote like that from the Qu'ran. I have also heard of a command to all Muslims to fight the infidels and take back the Muslim Empire. Is there any truth to this? Basically, the terrorists want to restore Islam to the empire that Muhammad built which spanned across the middle east, north africa, and europe.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 07-05-2007, 12:35 PM #55
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
If you remove all the "isms" of the world, people will still find a reason to fight and kill each other. To believe otherwise is foolish.

People dont kill each other BECAUSE of religion. It's just the excuse they use to cover up the real reason... usually land and or power.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:38 PM #56
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Woah cool, Tonybhall posted here. Btw, thanks for inventing the spydermag, loving mine!
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 07-05-2007, 01:08 PM #57
jcon217

without jealousy or greed it would rule out a lot of wars
Old 07-06-2007, 06:54 PM #58
cmwashere18755isband (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
If you remove all the "isms" of the world, people will still find a reason to fight and kill each other. To believe otherwise is foolish.

People dont kill each other BECAUSE of religion. It's just the excuse they use to cover up the real reason... usually land and or power.
very true.. but for intence the israel's and palestinian are fighting over land.. one religon says the land is theres and the other says its theres..
Old 07-07-2007, 02:19 AM #59
*Blitzkreig*

When I looked at Surah 9:5 my Quran (which is only an english translation) says: But when the forbidden (four) months are over then fight and kill the (distrusted) pagans wherever you find them, and catch them, attack them, and stay waiting for them in every stage (of war); But if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then make it easy for them: Verily, Allah is Often Forgiving, Most Merciful
9.6 continues: If one of the pagan asks you for a place of safety give it to him, so that he may hear the Word of Allah (the Quran); And then take him to where he can be safe. That is because they are men without knowledge.

I'm assuming, CP, that you got your "quote" off the internet where many people have their own agendas. You must also remember that in the early times of Islam, Muslims were ran out of town (Mecca, at the time) and they had to fight the unbelievers to defend themselves from pretty consistent hate and attacks.
There will still be those influential Muslims who taint the true word for their own reasons. Probably because they hate western society. I would consider anyone who claims 9/11 and terrorism in general is a good thing, not a true Muslim.

"Originally posted by Flyersfan707: I wish my family had a stalker...."