I think we should get rid of all the "ism" religons in the world - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-02-2007, 04:23 PM #22
cmwashere18755isband (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpballer View Post
otters own you
this was the only comment i have gotten so far...

please dieing.. no thankss

ill look in to the nilimnasblahblah religon
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 PM #23
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwashere18755isband View Post
ill look in to the nilimnasblahblah religon
Don't bother...
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Old 07-02-2007, 05:58 PM #24
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

has been a member for 10 years
TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
You just describe Atheism, the lack of belief in a higher power or "anything".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Shaffir View Post
Let us make the start of the relovution
Full of WIN, LAWL, and SUCCESS.

The fat guy approves.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:12 PM #25
HeadShot2325
You Know Im Your Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
what you where attempting to be was witty and funny.
and it really wasn't.

fine, if you believe you must kill yourself to get closer to God, go for it.
but i doubt anyone would unless they where mentally inept.

and sarcasm is a form of lying.
you may wish to put 'dodgy' by some of your posts, just to remind yourself that you're being sarcastic, because obviously you forget quickly.

and suicide is nothing to joke about.

okay, i'm through going off topic.
I think you are the only one who saw sarcasm or an attempt to be witty in MPS's post. He simply responded to Bizkits post about how non-believers might as well kill themselves, he did so by presenting a similar situation in which a believer would have no reason to continue living living in this world if they know something better awaits them.

Quote:
fine, if you believe you must kill yourself to get closer to God, go for it. but i doubt anyone would unless they where mentally inept.
Followed by:
Quote:
Wow the irony is overwhelming
Old 07-02-2007, 07:00 PM #26
Mps2216
Control Yourself

Quote:
what you where attempting to be was witty and funny.
and it really wasn't.

fine, if you believe you must kill yourself to get closer to God, go for it.
but i doubt anyone would unless they where mentally inept.

and sarcasm is a form of lying.
you may wish to put 'dodgy' by some of your posts, just to remind yourself that you're being sarcastic, because obviously you forget quickly.

Your assumptions about the nature of my comments are pretty much completely wrong. They were honest and valid statements. Perhaps they appeared sarcastic because the humor in the truth of my statement began to become clear. Or perhaps you mistook a fallacy (in my opinion) in your own faith as sarcasm or "lying".

I certainly do not plan to commit suicide as an attempt to get closer to a being that may or may not even exist. I'll stick to the life I have now, as I'm making the assumption it's the only one I've got.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:05 PM #27
bannedbi slaughter
bambi is back

in a few threads DYE Baller has tried to call others out for there ignorance and stupidity, but it seams if he is the one who should stop making such judgemental and ignorant post. you arnt any better than anyone here, so stop acting like your way is the only way.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:07 PM #28
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedbi slaughter View Post
in a few threads DYE Baller has tried to call others out for there ignorance and stupidity, but it seams if he is the one who should stop making such judgemental and ignorant post. you arnt any better than anyone here, so stop acting like your way is the only way.
to add...

Especially when your posts seem to border on the ignorant side.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 PM #29
jcon217

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwashere18755isband View Post
They are causeing way to much problems. therefore i have no realigon.. or belief.. solves all the promblems in the world.
How about the world just abandons jealousy, hatred, greed, and selfishness? That would solve a whole lot of problems

Last edited by jcon217 : 07-02-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:18 PM #30
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon217 View Post
How about the world just abandons jealousy, hatred, greed, and selfishness? That would solve a whole lot of problems
Which is what a lot of religions preach anyways. Religion isn't bad; bad people are bad. Even if you take away religion, you still have bad people.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:30 PM #31
KyPaintBawler (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
Which is what a lot of religions preach anyways. Religion isn't bad; bad people are bad. Even if you take away religion, you still have bad people.
Yes, but the bad people lose one way to take advantage of gullable, or ignorant people, making the world a better place.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:58 PM #32
Treasure Slaughter
Walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitfan601 View Post
Killing oneself is grounds for eternal damnation. If you believe there is nothing after life, and nothing to live for here, why continue your existence?
Well, just because you believe that to happen doesn't necessarily mean he or anyone else does.

Last edited by Treasure Slaughter : 07-02-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:34 PM #33
jcon217

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyPaintBawler View Post
Yes, but the bad people lose one way to take advantage of gullable, or ignorant people, making the world a better place.
The bad people? Meaning... priests and preachers who don't have the correct intentions as they should? I hope you know that not every single pastor/priest in the world is out to get rich.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:31 AM #34
bizkitfan601

bizkitfan601 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bizkitfan601 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure Slaughter View Post
Well, just because you believe that to happen doesn't necessarily mean he or anyone else does.
Simply forwarding the Christian viewpoint.

"I wonder if there is such a thing in nature as a fat mind? I really think I have met with one or two: minds which could not keep up with the slowest trot in conversation; could not jump over a logical fence to save their lives; always got stuck fast in a narrow argument; and, in short, were fit for nothing but to waddle helplessly through the world"
Old 07-03-2007, 08:01 AM #35
paintballphreak1
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitfan601 View Post
If there is no God, no reason to live, why continue living? Just kill yourself.
IMO (since some people here can't tell the difference between someone stating their opinion and stating facts unless it's prefaced with a few letters)

Living is the reason in and of itself. Experience, emotion, interaction, those are the reasons for living. I'm constantly amazed at so many Christians' ideal that this world is simply a waiting room for this uber existence that is to follow. They view this life as nothing more than some **** they have to go through to get to the prize. Why buy the cereal if all you care about is the toy at the bottom of the box? That's called waste, and your god doesn't approve.

Is life itself not supposed to be considered a gift from god? So just because it's no longer a gift (not given by god) it's now less meaningful? In the case of Christianity, god is not the reason for living, but the reason for living a certain way. Thus, using god as your rationale for living is actually forsaking the purpose of life.

And before any nutbags jump on my case, note that I said "so many Christians" and was not generalizing the beliefs of your religion as a whole.

Overgrow the world
feedback

Last edited by paintballphreak1 : 07-03-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:04 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballphreak1 View Post
IMO (since some people here can't tell the difference between someone stating their opinion and stating facts unless it's prefaced with a few letters)

Living is the reason in and of itself. Experience, emotion, interaction, those are the reasons for living. I'm constantly amazed at so many Christians' ideal that this world is simply a waiting room for this uber existence that is to follow. They view this life as nothing more than some **** they have to go through to get to the prize. Why buy the cereal if all you care about is the toy at the bottom of the box? That's called waste, and your god doesn't approve.

Is life itself not supposed to be considered a gift from god? So just because it's no longer a gift (not given by god) it's now less meaningful? In the case of Christianity, god is not the reason for living, but the reason for living a certain way. Thus, using god as your rationale for living is actually forsaking the purpose of life.

And before any nutbags jump on my case, note that I said "so many Christians" and was not generalizing the beliefs of your religion as a whole.
NIce Bratha couldn't have saifd it better myself.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:58 PM #37
jcon217

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballphreak1 View Post
Can you go into detail about forsaking the purpose of life by living a certain way?
Old 07-03-2007, 04:51 PM #38
KyPaintBawler (Banned)

Quote:
The bad people? Meaning... priests and preachers who don't have the correct intentions as they should? I hope you know that not every single pastor/priest in the world is out to get rich.
Never said they were. But look at TV evangelists, the douchebags Ken Ham and Kent Hovind. They are taking advantage of the religious and making money off of their stupidity and/or gullability.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:56 PM #39
jcon217

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyPaintBawler View Post
Never said they were. But look at TV evangelists, the douchebags Ken Ham and Kent Hovind. They are taking advantage of the religious and making money off of their stupidity and/or gullability.
Yeah I know. If I ever saw Robert Tilton, I'd punch him in the face.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:31 PM #40

Quote:
Yeah I know. If I ever saw Robert Tilton, I'd punch him in the face.
AMEN
Old 07-03-2007, 07:15 PM #41
SuperSupra619 (Banned)

FYI im in egypt right now, and the only thing that is stopping 90% of these people from stealing, killing, and going insane is religion

anything with ISM? WOOHOOO, Islam gets to stay
Old 07-04-2007, 01:26 AM #42
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
FYI im in egypt right now, and the only thing that is stopping 90% of these people from stealing, killing, and going insane is religion

anything with ISM? WOOHOOO, Islam gets to stay
And in other parts of the Middle East, that same religion is being used to cause the exact opposite behavior. Religion helps humanity out 50% of the time and causes destruction and problems the other 50%. It's really a 50/50 thing.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel