ways to thank god? - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-03-2007, 10:01 AM #43
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
But these guys tell them over and over again. It is their real motive for feeding the poor. To spread the word of their religion. That is forcing ones beliefs.
I agree that there should be no hidden agendas. I take note of that when I help at the soup kitchen (haven't in a while now ) Jesus said to help those in need and to feed the hungry withOUT any mention of evangelizing. However, if it is clear that the meal is in a place of worship (ie church), it is to be expected.

Also repeated sharing of one's beliefs is still NOT, by definition, forcing anything. Now if the person repeats "won't you accept?" over and over again, I might see your point.

The catch 22 is that you can't simply tell others about your beliefs without showing them first (ie. good deeds), but you can't do good deeds and not share your faith (it is a integral part of our lives).
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 01:40 PM #44
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
it's not like anyone is holding a gun to someones head and saying "be a Christian or i'm killing you."
Hmmm....I think that has been done already. I think it was called "The Crusades" and "The Inquisition".

I have no problem with you telling other people about Jesus, just as long as you tell them about Zeus, Odin, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Flying Pink Invisible Unicorn, etc...
The Foo is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 PM #45
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Hmmm....I think that has been done already. I think it was called "The Crusades" and "The Inquisition".

I have no problem with you telling other people about Jesus, just as long as you tell them about Zeus, Odin, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Flying Pink Invisible Unicorn, etc...
Why? We don't believe in them. They haven't done anything for us. That'd be like forcing us to change, to meet your demands.

I think the distinction you want to make is to not force a person to convert (ie crusades and inquisitions from the RCC).
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 03:37 PM #46
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
Why? We don't believe in them. They haven't done anything for us.
Maybe they haven't done anything for you because........you don't believe in them? Maybe you should try going to their organizations, or praying / offering sacrifices to them and see how things turn out.

You / The Bible constantly tells people how God doesn't work for them or doesn't touch them because they simply "do not" believe.......so apparently the same concept works for Zeus.

The Foo is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 03:39 PM #47
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Maybe they haven't done anything for you because........you don't believe in them? Maybe you should try going to their organizations, or praying / offering sacrifices to them and see how things turn out.

You / The Bible constantly tells people how God doesn't work for them or doesn't touch them because they simply "do not" believe.......so apparently the same concept works for Zeus.

Ok, yeah.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 PM #48
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
no, actually we tell them Jesus died for their sins because He loves them.
not "if you believe, Jesus will die for your sins"


and the crusades...
okay, lets just be reasonable, ask anyone, the Crusades was not a "Holy War" in the least, they where simply using Christianity to benefit themselves, and as a reason to kill the ones they did not like, alls they did was twist the words of the Bible to their benefits.
please don't act like you already didn't know that.
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 07-03-2007, 08:47 PM #49
kitchenman
 
 
kitchenman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hobe Sound Fl USA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmballer7 View Post
so i was in an ATV accident yesterday and i was thinking of all the things that i thank god for,like that somebody made me wear a helmet,i wasnt hurt worse than i was,my lung didnt fully collapse/it reinflated after slightly collapsing.i wanna know of ways to thank him other than the usual(saying hail marys/our fathers,going to mass,taking communion)?
but, prayer to start... as always. How about a time alone with God to communicate and maybe even fast when your healthy enough. Dedicate some of your time to building his kingdom. Maybe education about ATV use? Pray and get connected, he will give you a direction or answer.
__________________
Even when you can't see Him... God IS there...

<>< †ChRiST KreW† ><>
kitchenman is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:35 AM #50
*Blitzkreig*
 
 
*Blitzkreig*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
and the crusades...
okay, lets just be reasonable, ask anyone, the Crusades was not a "Holy War" in the least , they where simply using Christianity to benefit themselves, and as a reason to kill the ones they did not like, alls they did was twist the words of the Bible to their benefits.
please don't act like you already didn't know that.
I cannot believe you actually typed those words...


Quote:
The Crusades were a series of military conflicts of a religious character waged by Christians during 1095–1291, most of which were sanctioned by the Pope in the name of Christendom. The Crusades originally had the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the sacred "Holy Land" from Muslim rule and were originally launched in response to a call from the Eastern Orthodox Byzantine Empire for help against the expansion of the Muslim Seljuq dynasty into Anatolia.

The term is also used to describe contemporaneous and subsequent campaigns conducted through the 16th century in territories outside the Levant, usually against pagans, those considered by the Catholic Church to be heretics, and peoples under the ban of excommunication for a mixture of religious, economic, and political reasons.
__________________
2k5

"Originally posted by Flyersfan707: I wish my family had a stalker...."
*Blitzkreig* is offline  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM #51
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
and the crusades...
okay, lets just be reasonable, ask anyone, the Crusades was not a "Holy War" in the least, they where simply using Christianity to benefit themselves, and as a reason to kill the ones they did not like, alls they did was twist the words of the Bible to their benefits.
please don't act like you already didn't know that.
You need to start reading before you open your mouth again.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 01:05 AM #52
bunkerbuster007
 
 
bunkerbuster007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmballer7 View Post
i did all of that already
than ur good
__________________
ST:A-Holes, its the rule
In West Philadelphia, born and raised....
bunkerbuster007 is offline  
Old 07-11-2007, 02:34 PM #53
Andrew9191
 
 
Andrew9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NS, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
you tell us over and over again that God and Jesus arn't real, and if we say They ARE real over and over again...
i honestly don't see a problem with that.

it's not like anyone is holding a gun to someones head and saying "be a Christian or i'm killing you."
No, but you do say if you are not a Christian than you will burn in hell for eternity.
Andrew9191 is offline  
Old 07-11-2007, 04:22 PM #54
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew9191 View Post
No, but you do say if you are not a Christian than you will burn in hell for eternity.
how is that a comparison to holding a gun to someones head? if you don't believe in hell, then why would it bother you for someone to tell you that's where you are headed?
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 07-11-2007, 05:20 PM #55
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
how is that a comparison to holding a gun to someones head? if you don't believe in hell, then why would it bother you for someone to tell you that's where you are headed?
Why does it bother you when people say evolution is fact?
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 07-11-2007, 09:15 PM #56
Andrew9191
 
 
Andrew9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NS, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
how is that a comparison to holding a gun to someones head? if you don't believe in hell, then why would it bother you for someone to tell you that's where you are headed?
True, that might have been a bad comparison. But you believe there is a hell, so you believe that if they don't accept your religion than that is what will happen to them.
Andrew9191 is offline  
Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 PM #57
Believer
There is no God but God
 
Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
the fact is that human compassion and kindness shouldnt be impaired by different faiths, we cant expect society to progress if we arent going to help "our own kind"

kindess, compassion, generosity has to be for the pure sake of God not for any other reason, we cant take advantage of these people in their condition in order to make them accept our faith, we can spread our faith ( in the most peaceful free minded way) but not if it means feeding only if u accept my faith or any other heinous idea

As for the virtuous, they will drink from cups spiced with nectar.
A spring that is reserved for GOD's servants; it will gush out as they will.
They fulfill their pledges, and reverence a day that is extremely difficult.
They donate their favorite food to the poor, the orphan, and the captive.
"We feed you for the sake of GOD; we expect no reward from you, nor thanks. [ Quran 76:5-9]



If your Lord had willed, all the people on the earth would have believed. Do you think you can force people to be believers? (Qur'an, 10:99)



just my thoughts


peace,
__________________
Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?

[ Quran 55:60 ]



MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Believer is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 09:06 AM #58
spankypntbal
-Static-
 
spankypntbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 813
 has been a member for 10 years
spankypntbal plays in the PSP
spankypntbal plays in the APPA D1 division
Im assuming it was your choice to wear the helmet, why not thank yourself for not being an example of natural selection?
spankypntbal is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 10:18 AM #59
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Why does it bother you when people say evolution is fact?
maybe read some of my other posts where I actually say that "evolution is a fact" (just like gravity is), but many of the theories therein are not.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump