ways to thank god? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-30-2007, 06:30 PM #1
pmballer7
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
ways to thank god?

so i was in an ATV accident yesterday and i was thinking of all the things that i thank god for,like that somebody made me wear a helmet,i wasnt hurt worse than i was,my lung didnt fully collapse/it reinflated after slightly collapsing.i wanna know of ways to thank him other than the usual(saying hail marys/our fathers,going to mass,taking communion)?
__________________
grizzlycrewrepresent
pmballer7 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2007, 06:39 PM #2
Gold_Eagle (Banned)
Damn. That sucks.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida 321
Sorry to be rude, but why don't you thank the person that actually made you wear the helmet? And (I'm assuming you went to the hospital) the doctors who took care of you? And your friends/family for their support?
Gold_Eagle is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 06:45 PM #3
pmballer7
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
Sorry to be rude, but why don't you thank the person that actually made you wear the helmet? And (I'm assuming you went to the hospital) the doctors who took care of you? And your friends/family for their support?

i did all of that already
__________________
grizzlycrewrepresent
pmballer7 is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 07:34 PM #4
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Well, how about we brainstorm. Do you have any special talents or abilities? Is there anyone that you see in need? Do you feel called to serve God in any particular way?
NicoleW is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 08:31 PM #5
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
Animal Sacrifice seems like a good way according to the Old Testament
The Foo is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 PM #6
impulseballer42586
WCPS Operations Manager
 
impulseballer42586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bellevue, WA
Annual Supporting Member
impulseballer42586 is a Moderator
impulseballer42586 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
Animal Sacrifice seems like a good way according to the Old Testament
Read the new testament, and you'll know why christians stopped doing that.
__________________
Quick Guide on how to become a PBN Mod:

Step #1 - Go Here
Step #2 - Read This
Step #3 - Don't talk about fight club
impulseballer42586 is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 09:20 PM #7
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post
Read the new testament, and you'll know why christians stopped doing that.
he will? it's actually kind of a challenging subject to broach with understanding as a Christian, let alone telling someone that is apparently not a Christian to just read the NT with not guidance or reference at all. any references that you can think of that might help him understand what you are talking about, assuming he is sincere in an understanding of sacrifice, atonement and justification?
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 PM #8
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit
 
TPB_Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post
Read the new testament, and you'll know why christians stopped doing that.



Because people of absolutely no connection to the people who wrote the Old Testament decided to put their own views into a Religon in order for it conform to their own way of life?
__________________
"It's better to be aware of one's ignorance than to go on believing dubious and unjustified ideas." - Socrates

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
TPB_Bubbles is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 09:30 PM #9
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPB_Bubbles View Post
Because people of absolutely no connection to the people who wrote the Old Testament decided to put their own views into a Religon in order for it conform to their own way of life?
you would be incorrect in the assumption they had no connection with the OT (and by extension your apparent thought process of "their own way of life"). Paul, who wrote 2/3rds of the NT was not only a pharisee, but one of the strictest sects, and was under Gamilael (Sp?) - a very prominent Jewish leader and teacher of Torah and Jewish Scriptures. Most of the other authors of NT scripture canon were also Jews that practiced varied forms of their beliefs, and were very familiar with their (scriptural) laws and doctrines.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 06-30-2007, 09:52 PM #10
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
If god has given you a second chance the best thing you could do is honor that second chance and live your life to the fullest. Love fully, live fully and appreciate all that you've been given.
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 12:14 AM #11
Believer
There is no God but God
 
Believer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
you can thank God in various ways but the best way to thank him is to take advantage of this second chance

live your life rightously and in a way you know will please God. take advantage of this second chance and show God you are very grateful for the second chance hes given you

dont be arrogant, be kind towards people, thank you parents for raising you and being merciful to you when you were small

most of all thank those who helped save your life. Verily " He who does not thank people does not thank God" - The Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him)

remember that unthankfulness is a sign or arrogance and hate towards God

the devil told God that he would seek his vengence on you in many ways

‘’I will lie in wait for them (human beings) on your straight way. Then I will assault them from in front of them and behind them, from their right and their left. Nor will you find, in most of them, gratitude
(for your mercies)
’’ (Quran 7:16-17)

‘’It is he who brought you forth from the wombs of your
mothers when you knew nothing, and he gave you hearing and sight and intelligence and affection so that you may give thanks (to God)’’ (Quran 16:78)


God be with you my friend

peace,
__________________
Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?

[ Quran 55:60 ]



MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Believer is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 04:13 AM #12
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure
 
StellarKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lost...In a Lost World
StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
If god has given you a second chance the best thing you could do is honor that second chance and live your life to the fullest. Love fully, live fully and appreciate all that you've been given.
/
__________________
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 04:38 AM #13
FuzzyFish
 
 
FuzzyFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Carlsbad, California
 has been a member for 10 years
Doesn't God like it when you burn bulls on an alter? thought i heard that somewhere....also, i think it depends on which God you believe in, all religions have differant ways to thank him, but usually it involves some kind of prayer.
__________________
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 AM #14
..Legend..
Dark Poster
 
Join Date: May 2007
There are many ways you can thank him,

1. Be faithful, he absolutely loves that

2. Follow his commandments

3. Live the life you would think he would want you to live, a faithful servant of God.
..Legend.. is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 10:26 AM #15
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire
 
The Foo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
The Foo is a Supporting Member
You could always kill your only daughter, that seems rational.

But make sure you let her go wander the mountains first and sleep with a bunch of men so she doesn't die a virgin. That way everything will be OKAY.

</sarcasm>
The Foo is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 01:14 PM #16
bannedbi slaughter
bambi is back
 
bannedbi slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: lebanon, PA
if you need to go on a chat forum to figure out how to worship your god, mabey religion isnt your thing. know what i mean?
__________________
Something wicked, This way comes
bannedbi slaughter is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 03:45 PM #17
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
You could always kill your only daughter, that seems rational.

But make sure you let her go wander the mountains first and sleep with a bunch of men so she doesn't die a virgin. That way everything will be OKAY.

</sarcasm>
wow.
you're so witty and funny.
"</sarcasm>"
hahahahaha...
that was funny...


i know the story you're speaking of, and you misquoted something.
the person (i can't remember his name right now) basically made a deal with God saying he would sacrifice the first thing coming out of his house to meet him if God let him win this battle.

and God didn't make him kill her, he was simply honoring his word, the man just happened to be very unintelligant in what he said, not thinking of the possible consequences.
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 04:11 PM #18
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
you would be incorrect in the assumption they had no connection with the OT (and by extension your apparent thought process of "their own way of life"). Paul, who wrote 2/3rds of the NT was not only a pharisee, but one of the strictest sects, and was under Gamilael (Sp?) - a very prominent Jewish leader and teacher of Torah and Jewish Scriptures. Most of the other authors of NT scripture canon were also Jews that practiced varied forms of their beliefs, and were very familiar with their (scriptural) laws and doctrines.
psst... you're taking a thread off topic again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmballer7 View Post
so i was in an ATV accident yesterday and i was thinking of all the things that i thank god for,like that somebody made me wear a helmet,i wasnt hurt worse than i was,my lung didnt fully collapse/it reinflated after slightly collapsing.i wanna know of ways to thank him other than the usual(saying hail marys/our fathers,going to mass,taking communion)?
Life your life according to your beliefs, serve and give aid to others. Maybe a good applicable example would be to volunteer with kids in an activity where you would have the opportunity to tell them about the benefits of riding within your means and safety gear.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 05:30 PM #19
FuzzyFish
 
 
FuzzyFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Carlsbad, California
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
i know the story you're speaking of, and you misquoted something.
the person (i can't remember his name right now) basically made a deal with God saying he would sacrifice the first thing coming out of his house to meet him if God let him win this battle.

and God didn't make him kill her, he was simply honoring his word, the man just happened to be very unintelligant in what he said, not thinking of the possible consequences.
It sounds like Gods magic works like the monkey's paw.
__________________
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 05:53 PM #20
pmballer7
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedbi slaughter View Post
if you need to go on a chat forum to figure out how to worship your god, mabey religion isnt your thing. know what i mean?
i get what u mean.but i've only been catholic since easter
__________________
grizzlycrewrepresent
pmballer7 is offline  
Old 07-01-2007, 06:12 PM #21
Charles666
cwatididthar?
 
Charles666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
You know God has nothing to do with it?
__________________
Forever Young

ST:You're not one of us.
Charles666 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump