Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-01-2007, 09:03 PM #22
Crede777
Resident Agnostic

Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'm agnostic in practice, but this one kinda made me think:

Over the winter, I was home from college. My girlfriend of almost a year broke up with me because she decided I was too far away and she couldn't stand another semester.

She immediately started dating a body builder who she worked with. This, plus crappy grades, made me really depressed. Finally, as a last resort, my parents took me to talk to my doctor and get help.

So I went and talked to my doctor. After about 2 hours, I felt like I was headed in a good direction. As a joke, he said "I don't think your insurance will cover anything unless I actually do something." So he whipped out his stethoscope and listened quickly to my chest.

Then, he frowned and listened again. That's when I found out I had a heart murmur. This heart murmur is very faint when I'm at rest, but apparently it's greatly exaggerated when I'm under stress.

That's why I didn't do well at cross-country (I literally was dying, not just feeling like it) and other exercise related things.

Coincidence? Maybe.
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Old 07-01-2007, 09:05 PM #23
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
People loose their rafts all the time in the ocean. The same current that pulled you to that location is the same current that pulled the raft there.

Not even a hard one.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:18 PM #24
NicoleW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
People loose their rafts all the time in the ocean. The same current that pulled you to that location is the same current that pulled the raft there.

Not even a hard one.
You are such a stinker! Why do I find you so funny? I don't know.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:11 PM #25
Sweet_Hitch-hiker (Banned)
TEDDY BEAR! WHAT THE EFF!

last year, my car transmission was going out, plus numerous other problems (the car was 17 years old) and it would be way more than the car was worth to fix it.
well one day i got rear ended with 2 other people in the car, neither were wearing seatbelts, 1 got a bump on her head and thats it, ended up gettin $500 for it, me and the other girl didnt get a scratch, i ended up getting about double what the car was worth and getting a much nicer car, may sound like luck, but i believe it was God
Old 07-02-2007, 05:39 AM #26
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Hitch-hiker View Post
last year, my car transmission was going out, plus numerous other problems (the car was 17 years old) and it would be way more than the car was worth to fix it.
well one day i got rear ended with 2 other people in the car, neither were wearing seatbelts, 1 got a bump on her head and thats it, ended up gettin $500 for it, me and the other girl didnt get a scratch, i ended up getting about double what the car was worth and getting a much nicer car, may sound like luck, but i believe it was God
If you truely believe in god then you would also believe he does not mess with your free will, therefore did not intervene.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:25 AM #27
bigfatdanman
**** Obama.

that is the DEFINITION of luck. i do think its really uncommon and worth a second thought, but im sure thats happened more than you think. and why would god WANT you to have the extra money? was the extra money spent on homeless babies?

My God.
DARQ
Old 07-02-2007, 06:29 AM #28
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdanman View Post
that is the DEFINITION of luck. i do think its really uncommon and worth a second thought, but im sure thats happened more than you think. and why would god WANT you to have the extra money? was the extra money spent on homeless babies?
Of course it was luck. I was in a head on collision a few years ago. A drunk guy hit me 75mph head on. Hard enough to knock the tranny out of my car, split the drivers door into 2 pieces and I am still here. Of course I could not walk for 5 months but I taught myself to walk again, on my own and with the help of some titanium steel and a few screws in my leg.

A lot of what people take as miracles are happenstance. Theu human body is one of the most fragile yet resilient forms in nature. The will to survive, intstinctual will at that, is a very powerful thing. Even when you consciounsly wish you would die for the pain to go away your body will keep on fighting to stay alive.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:47 PM #29
Grayscale
Unbending Perspicacity

Pointless thread... if someone's story has any remnant of another explanation, people will point it out. If it doesn't, they will simply call it a lie.

Some people have already made up their mind regardless of what they're shown or told.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 PM #30
kitchenman

has been a member for 10 years
One of the biggest accidents in the history of F1, surviving a 75G impact, Polish driver Robert Kubica sustains only minor injuries.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/0D986...ubica-f1-.aspx

<>< †ChRiST KreW† ><>
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM #31
kitchenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Of course it was luck. I was in a head on collision a few years ago. A drunk guy hit me 75mph head on. Hard enough to knock the tranny out of my car, split the drivers door into 2 pieces and I am still here. Of course I could not walk for 5 months but I taught myself to walk again, on my own and with the help of some titanium steel and a few screws in my leg.

A lot of what people take as miracles are happenstance. Theu human body is one of the most fragile yet resilient forms in nature. The will to survive, intstinctual will at that, is a very powerful thing. Even when you consciounsly wish you would die for the pain to go away your body will keep on fighting to stay alive.
Maybe, because God has bigger plans for you in the future....

<>< †ChRiST KreW† ><>
Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 PM #32
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldF...2?feedType=RSS

I am visiting egypt and I attended that game yesterday. You needed to be there like I was to actually experience what happened. It was absolutely AMAZING! This wasn't directly god, lol, but I prayed like crazy and every time I did the Ahly scored. Scoring with 2 minutes left in regulation then twice in the second period of overtime is almost impossible in soccer.

P.S. Me and my father are MASSIVE Al-Ahly fans and his entire family has been an ahly fan since there creatin in 1907
Old 07-03-2007, 09:49 PM #33
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
One of the biggest accidents in the history of F1, surviving a 75G impact, Polish driver Robert Kubica sustains only minor injuries.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/0D986...ubica-f1-.aspx
Intense. Notice that his helmet never impacts the ground on a roll, that means non concussion or potential head injuries, which are the most likely cause of death. Notice also that he is not ejected onto the road and there is no gasoline fire. The main hull of the car is also mostly intact. As the wheels and everything external gets obliterated and ripped off notice how well the main body of the car stays together.

This is NO accident.

F1 car bodies are designed with EXACTLY that situation in mind. In case of a catastrophic vehicle destruction event, the absolute most important priority of the car is driver survival. Millions of dollars and thousands of man hours are spent to insure that that man WOULD survive with minor injuries.

Miracle? Perhaps, but it's a miracle of science, nothing more.

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Old 07-03-2007, 09:53 PM #34
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenman View Post
Maybe, because God has bigger plans for you in the future....
Apparently, God's big plan is to proliferate atheism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldF...2?feedType=RSS

I am visiting egypt and I attended that game yesterday. You needed to be there like I was to actually experience what happened. It was absolutely AMAZING! This wasn't directly god, lol, but I prayed like crazy and every time I did the Ahly scored. Scoring with 2 minutes left in regulation then twice in the second period of overtime is almost impossible in soccer.

P.S. Me and my father are MASSIVE Al-Ahly fans and his entire family has been an ahly fan since there creatin in 1907
I think it's pretty safe to say, any god that chooses to answer a prayer from a fan for his team to win over the prayer from a refugee for his sister not to have her breasts cut off isn't a god worth worshipping.

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 PM #35
Charles666
cwatididthar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I'm agnostic in practice, but this one kinda made me think:

Over the winter, I was home from college. My girlfriend of almost a year broke up with me because she decided I was too far away and she couldn't stand another semester.

She immediately started dating a body builder who she worked with. This, plus crappy grades, made me really depressed. Finally, as a last resort, my parents took me to talk to my doctor and get help.

So I went and talked to my doctor. After about 2 hours, I felt like I was headed in a good direction. As a joke, he said "I don't think your insurance will cover anything unless I actually do something." So he whipped out his stethoscope and listened quickly to my chest.

Then, he frowned and listened again. That's when I found out I had a heart murmur. This heart murmur is very faint when I'm at rest, but apparently it's greatly exaggerated when I'm under stress.

That's why I didn't do well at cross-country (I literally was dying, not just feeling like it) and other exercise related things.

Coincidence? Maybe.
Yes

ST:You're not one of us.