Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2007, 01:33 PM #85
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
wow you're extremely defencive, whether you believe in hell or not, it is real.
and i will not appologize for attempting to save you're life, if you wish to be bitter, for what reason im not sure of, that someone cares about you, go right ahead.

here's three to start with -
Quote:
Acquired traits do not affect an organism's genome.
Only the genome is passed to the offspring.
Therefore, acquired traits cannot be passed to the offspring.
here are some more i found on a site, i don't have the textbook i had that had many proofs against evolution in it, but i will try to find a site with the same or similar information
Quote:
There is a tremendous amount of proof
against abiogenesis. First of all is Pasteur's proof that life
does not come from inert matter (and this was of course at one
time the prediction of materialists). Then came the discovery
of DNA and the chemical basis of organisms. This poses a
totally insurmountable problem to abiogenesis. The smallest
living cells has a DNA string of some one million base pairs
long and some 600 genes, even cutting this number by a quarter
as the smallest possible living cell would give us a string of
some 250,000 base pairs of DNA. It is important to note here
that DNA can be arranged in any of the four basic codes
equally well, there is no chemical or other necessity to the
sequence. The chances of such an arrangement arising are
therefore 4^250,000. Now the number of atoms in the universe
is said to be about 4^250. I would therefore call 4^250,000 an
almost infinitely impossible chance (note that the supposition
advanced that perhaps it was RNA that produced the first life
has this same problem).

The problem though is even worse than that. Not only do you
need two (2) strings of DNA perfectly matched to have life,
but you also need a cell so that the DNA code can get the
material to sustain that life. It is therefore a chicken and
egg problem, you cannot have life without DNA (or RNA if one
wants to be generous) but one also has to have the cell
itself to provide the nutrients for the sustenance of the
first life. Add to this problem that for the first life to
have been the progenitor of all life on earth, it necessarily
needs to have been pretty much the same as all life now on
earth is, otherwise it could not have been the source of the
life we know.

DNA dealt a third blow at abiogenesis, a deadly one. DNA is a
code, a symbolic code which in sets of threes defines which of
the 20 odd amino acids used in life RNA should use at each
step in making a protein. All 64 possible variations of the
code are used in describing the 20 amino acids plus a stop.
RNA has no chemical reason to understand which of these 64
possible codes pertains to each amino acid. DNA like all codes
is symbolic and the understanding by RNA of the DNA code can
only be ascribed to an intelligent designer. Given all these
considerations, yes, abiogenesis is impossible.
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2007, 01:34 PM #86
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
[quote=Dylan RRPB2;37161633]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
How about the fact that your god got the square root of PI wrong? That proof enough for you that there are issues with your bible?
QUOTE]

Where is that in the Bible?
I Kings 7:23-26 indicates that the biblical value for pi is 3

Now we all know PI = pi=3.14159265 etc.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:36 PM #87
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
wow you're extremely defencive, whether you believe in hell or not, it is real.
Care to provide proof of this?Perhaps you can show me where it is?
Quote:
and i will not appologize for attempting to save you're life, if you wish to be bitter, for what reason im not sure of, that someone cares about you, go right ahead.

here's three to start with -

here are some more i found on a site, i don't have the textbook i had that had many proofs against evolution in it, but i will try to find a site with the same or similar information
Links? Cause I know you copied & pasted that from some creationist web site.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:40 PM #88
Mike Sendker
Future Liberator
 
Mike Sendker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpaintball View Post
I would have let this post go as it seems to be a response to my post... except you make many assumptions about me that really pisses me off. Please stick to the discussion instead of going off tangents of sentencing gays to death? WTF? Where did we mention capital punishment for gays all ofa sudden?
Leviticus 20:13
__________________
We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed now in universities, looking uncomfortably to the world we inherit.
Mike Sendker is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:42 PM #89
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
[quote=cryptic.paintball;37161974]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB2 View Post

I Kings 7:23-26 indicates that the biblical value for pi is 3

Now we all know PI = pi=3.14159265 etc.
It is not God that said that the Circumference was 30 cubit and diameter 10, it is prophet describing what a King has made.
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:42 PM #90
Mike Sendker
Future Liberator
 
Mike Sendker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
1. The bible as it is today is only a little over 1,000 years old.
2. Christianity is no where near one of the oldest, by comparision it is closer to one of the newest religions.
3. The belief in your god is newer than most other gods.

House sparrows have adapted to the climate of North America, mosquitoes have evolved in response to global warming, and insects have evolved resistance to our pesticides. These are all examples of microevolution—evolution on a small scale.

Now I will wait for your "pages" of counterproof.

How about the fact that your god got the square root of PI wrong? That proof enough for you that there are issues with your bible?

You went into the atheist thread acting a fool and got corrective action for it. You have zero proof that your god is anything but a figment of your imagination yet you want to spread said word to everyone else or they will burn in hell.
Christianity is the second oldest modern religion. Judaism is the oldest. Christianity is the second. And the bible is 2000 years old. It was compiled around 300 ad, so 1700 if you want to be exact.
__________________
We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed now in universities, looking uncomfortably to the world we inherit.
Mike Sendker is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 PM #91
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sendker View Post
Leviticus 20:13
Have you forgotten that Leviticus is in the Old Testament. When Jesus comes, he brings humanity with him. And more so "revamps" what was said in the Old Testament. Leviticus 20:13 is no longer a valid arguement for killing of the homosexuals.
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 PM #92
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
http://designeduniverse.com/articles...evolution.html

I found it. Next time try to post about something you actually understand and use a better source...
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:46 PM #93
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sendker View Post
Christianity is the second oldest modern religion. Judaism is the oldest. Christianity is the second. And the bible is 2000 years old. It was compiled around 300 ad, so 1700 if you want to be exact.
Did you forget about the other canons?

There are thousands of modern religions. Christianity is one of the newest of those.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:47 PM #94
Mike Sendker
Future Liberator
 
Mike Sendker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
in regards to you saying the Bible will become as the plays of shakespeare, how can you say that?
the Bible has been around for thousands of years, and thousands of years to come, christianity is one of the oldest religions ever, the belief in God has been around since the beginning of the earth.
you act as if you're talking about some comic book, well you're not, you're talking about the largest religion ever.

and you talk about athiesim as if it is proof of evolution.
show me one spot where anyone has proven a single fact of evolution.
and i could give you pages and pages of how many times they've failed.
umm.
nebraska man anyone?


then if you can prove any fact in the Bible wrong, i would like to see you do it.
without twisting it's words please.

and have you ever heard of the story where two scientists(i can't remember their names, i just remembered this story from hearing it awhile back, but it is true by all means) wen't across the country trying to disprove the Bible, and when they came back to meet eachother a few years later, they both had gotten saved?

you cannot disprove the word of God without twisting it to you're benefit in some way.




and here's somthing that is more off topic then what i just said-
i wen't in you're Athiest thread and tried to save you're life and i got flammed and reported.
for trying to save you're life.
it shows just how ungreatful you are towards someones love.
you should be more open minded, mabye if a stranger cares enough about you to try and save you're life, they might have somthing worth saying?

6000 year Earth. You guys may not believe it, but thats because you don't understand how they get that theory. They get that theory by making a timeline of all the events in the bible. Does that mean that whoever compiled the bible wrong just got the dates wrong then? Is that what your saying? Bible wrong. Or how about you go with the 6000 year theory. That means carbon dating, a proven method, is void. doesn't make any sense.


And if Homosexuality is such a sin, then why wouldn't God just do away with it as a natural occurrence?
__________________
We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed now in universities, looking uncomfortably to the world we inherit.
Mike Sendker is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:47 PM #95
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
http://designeduniverse.com/articles...evolution.html

I found it. Next time try to post about something you actually understand and use a better source...
Wait, cryptic, you are against evolution? You are saying that man never evolved from single celled organisms?
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:51 PM #96
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sendker View Post
Christianity is the second oldest modern religion. Judaism is the oldest. Christianity is the second. And the bible is 2000 years old. It was compiled around 300 ad, so 1700 if you want to be exact.
Uh...

Hinduism

Buddhism

Taoism
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:51 PM #97
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
lol, actually i googled it and found it http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=275145


my bad, i forgot to give you the link.
the first one i found on wikipedia.

oh yeah, and they're both right, so instead of just asking for the website trying to stall, got anything to counter it?
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:54 PM #98
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sendker View Post
And if Homosexuality is such a sin, then why wouldn't God just do away with it as a natural occurrence?
Because it is not a natural occurence. There is nothing natural about homosexuality.

Second, everyone has to live through life with problems. If we had no problems or temptations, what would be the point of being rewarded in Heaven? We can not just do away problems. Life is not suppose to be looked at as a place where we should not have to worry or have any consequences. It is suppose to be a test to see who can make it into Heaven.
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:57 PM #99
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
And if Homosexuality is such a sin, then why wouldn't God just do away with it as a natural occurrence?
we've already been discussing how it is not a natural occurrence, please try to keep up.

Quote:
6000 year Earth. You guys may not believe it, but thats because you don't understand how they get that theory. They get that theory by making a timeline of all the events in the bible. Does that mean that whoever compiled the bible wrong just got the dates wrong then? Is that what your saying? Bible wrong. Or how about you go with the 6000 year theory. That means carbon dating, a proven method, is void. doesn't make any sense
i really don't understand how that pertains to anything that i said, i didn't say anything about a 6,000 year world, do you mind elaborating? or did you just quote the wrong person?
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM #100
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
lol, actually i googled it and found it http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=275145


my bad, i forgot to give you the link.
the first one i found on wikipedia.

oh yeah, and they're both right, so instead of just asking for the website trying to stall, got anything to counter it?
Yeah, hasn't abiogenesis been blown off for a long time?
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 02:01 PM #101
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
that's what i'm getting at.
evolution is just one big failure.
they find something they think is right, someone disproves it, so they go back looking for something else, repeat cycle.
how many times do you think thats happened..?
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 02:03 PM #102
skpaintball
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: so cal <O.C.>
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB2 View Post
my post was a reply to mike sendker
ah my bad. apologies on my part. Thought you were someone else. heh
__________________
feedback
skpaintball is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 02:06 PM #103
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
we've already been discussing how it is not a natural occurrence, please try to keep up.
Ummm....

Dolphins, Mountian Goats, and countless other animals have homosexual encounters in nature. Where are you finding your "facts"? You seem to have little understanding of the world around you.

You attempt to fill the cracks in evolution with god, yet god has no proof. It is almost laughable to read your posts.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 02:09 PM #104
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Ummm....

Dolphins, Mountian Goats, and countless other animals have homosexual encounters in nature. Where are you finding your "facts"? You seem to have little understanding of the world around you.
Thank you for helping. You just proved that it is only a natural occurence in SOME species. Thanks cryptic for cleaing that up.

As for the species "Homo sapiens" homosexuality is NOT a natural occurence.
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 PM #105
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB2 View Post
Thank you for helping. You just proved that it is only a natural occurence in SOME species. Thanks cryptic for cleaing that up.

As for the species "Homo sapiens" homosexuality is NOT a natural occurence.
Humans are natural creatures, homosexuality happens in us. Hmmm... I guess you proved your point

Homosexuality has been documented in almost 500 species of animals. These are only the very few that have been studies for this. Homosexuality occurs across the board in nature but I doubt you will be able to grasp that concept.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump