Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 01:39 PM #22
Mike Sendker
Future Liberator
 
Mike Sendker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Homosexuality being a sinful act is no better than being born black being recognized as a sin. Science has more and more shown that homosexuality is a natural-occurrence and impossible to overcome. Evidence has manifested itself in animals, Homosexuality in Animals. An article was recently posted in the New York Times entitled The Science of Gaydar. Here's another article. Why should gays be discriminated against because they were born with uncommon sexual drives. How about the guys that have fetishes for fat or feet or s&m kind of stuff? Why would someone make a conscious decision to enjoy that stuff, or even how? Therefore why would homosexuals make conscious decisions to enjoy members of the same sex?

And why is it that the bible seems to preach that we should live boring, simple lives free of sexual pleasure or mind-altering substances. As long as one is not bringing harm to another then they should be free to take part in such activities. It makes no sense to not do something one enjoys simply because some book compiled by some fat old king in the 300's says so.

And do you believe in the 6000 year earth theory? 6000 Year Old Earth. If you do, how do you believe that when exposed to carbon dating that extends way bast hundreds of millions of years? Do you simply believe science is fraudulent and something the Jews cooked up to take away credibility from the Christians? I mean seriously.
__________________
We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed now in universities, looking uncomfortably to the world we inherit.
Mike Sendker is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 02:54 PM #23
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
Your funny. You still want to hear from me after all that?

Ok, you are mentioning something from the Old Testament that was not necessarily done away with but was rather fulfilled in the New Testament with Jesus Christ. With the OT, God kind of dealt with humanity in more primitive and simplistic ways...almost like we were children or something because we couldn't fully really understand Him and His plans for us. But Jesus came, God in the flesh, and broke open our hearts and minds. He preached and teached and even said to his disciples in John 15:15, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." We were given the ability to finally know God's will for us and are no longer held accountable to the old covenant but rather adhere to the new, fulfilled covenant in Christ Jesus. Another example of this would be Matthew 5:38-39 when Jesus says, " You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." Again, an example of the old things passing away and being fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

Does that help?

Yeah, God wasn't a very nice guy in the old testament. Then, he apparently went through some anger management courses or something because in the new testament he's mostly a good guy.
Truthiness is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 03:27 PM #24
paintballonaim (Banned)
oh, the machines we are.
 
paintballonaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salem, Va
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sendker View Post
And do you believe in the 6000 year earth theory? 6000 Year Old Earth. If you do, how do you believe that when exposed to carbon dating that extends way bast hundreds of millions of years? Do you simply believe science is fraudulent and something the Jews cooked up to take away credibility from the Christians? I mean seriously.
Who said the Earth was 6,000 years old? God made the Earth in six days. What are days? Are they 24 hours, or are the time periods?

I personally believe that the Earth is older than 6,000 years. I think each "day" was a few million years.
paintballonaim is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 03:30 PM #25
Mike Sendker
Future Liberator
 
Mike Sendker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
read the 6000 year old earth link. He says that genesis defines the day. It's a morning and an evening, that is pretty much a traditional day. And it is determined to be 6000 years by examining the dates the bible gives us. Using all the dates it can be determined that the earth is only 6000 years old from genesis to today. Thats what that link says. It even gives a timeline.
__________________
We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed now in universities, looking uncomfortably to the world we inherit.
Mike Sendker is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 04:02 PM #26
FuzzyFish
 
 
FuzzyFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Carlsbad, California
 has been a member for 10 years
in defense of defining a day, that just relates to how the earth rotates, provided there was a divine being capable of creating a planet, im sure he/she could slow down a day by making the earth not rotate for awhile. However, I highly doubt it would happen. because all the plants on the side of the earth with no sun would die.
__________________
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 04:05 PM #27
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
If the Bible was true then why wouldn't it agree with science in this matter? Why is it that a 'day' has to be interpreted? Why wouldn't God just say it took a billion years to create the Earth? Isn't it more likely that humans created this creation myth just like every other myth in the history of humanity?

No, it's not because that would put doubt into your belief system, and you can't have that.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 PM #28
tonysk83
 
 
tonysk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sendker View Post
read the 6000 year old earth link. He says that genesis defines the day. It's a morning and an evening, that is pretty much a traditional day. And it is determined to be 6000 years by examining the dates the bible gives us. Using all the dates it can be determined that the earth is only 6000 years old from genesis to today. Thats what that link says. It even gives a timeline.
Don't even bother, science doesn't make things up it doesn't know and will admit it.

They can say whatever they want and say it takes "faith".
__________________
www.myspace.com/blueprintforutopia

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence – economic, political, even spiritual – is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
tonysk83 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 PM #29
kitchenman
 
 
kitchenman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hobe Sound Fl USA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
If the Bible was true then why wouldn't it agree with science in this matter? Why is it that a 'day' has to be interpreted? Why wouldn't God just say it took a billion years to create the Earth? Isn't it more likely that humans created this creation myth just like every other myth in the history of humanity?

No, it's not because that would put doubt into your belief system, and you can't have that.

Where does everyone get that "mans" science is an irrefutable fact, man is flawed. Not one man is perfect and most science "facts" a thousand years ago are NO longer fact. Science fact today will again be disproved by man and his current set of values, knowledge and beliefs. The Bible is the bible, foretold and fulfilled with wittings and archeological history interwoven. Taken with faith you can do miracles!
__________________
Even when you can't see Him... God IS there...

<>< †ChRiST KreW† ><>
kitchenman is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 05:01 PM #30
DYE baller FOR life
 
 
DYE baller FOR life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Prove this using conrete facts and evidence please. Psychology and Biology would disgree with you. Since you disagree with Psychological and Biological evidence, please provide the proof that you have which proves modern science wrong.

i'm going to go off topic just to set this straight really quick, no pun intended.

psychology is not a solid science, you can study the brain, you can not study the mind, psychology is mostly people attempting to study the mind.
you can, slightly tap into the minds possibilitys, and it helps you to read peoples emotions and things like that, but you cannot fully understand the mind, thus making psychology not solid source for information.
and biology, i would like to see one PROVEN fact that there is a gene that causes homosexuality, that every single homosexual has.
there isn't one.
it's a choice, that is all it is, it's a demented choice caused by a perverted mind looking for happiness.
__________________

If you pay for your own paintball stuff put this in your sig
95% of all ion owners think their 300 dollar "investment" is better than your 1400 dollar "p.o.s" if you want to bonus ball every ion owner that thinks this put this in your sig
a series of quotes by warbeak2099:"...You acted like a total immature jerk..." "...you were too immature to behave intelligently..." "Neener neener I win."
DYE baller FOR life is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 06:49 PM #31
green paint2
/-/<
 
green paint2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
i would like to see one PROVEN fact that there is a gene that causes homosexuality, that every single homosexual has.
there isn't one.
it's a choice, that is all it is, it's a demented choice caused by a perverted mind looking for happiness.
God forbid we look for happiness in our lives, I mean, how can you be a good person when your so darn content with life?

It is my personal belief that you people only bash homosexuality so hard because your uncomfortable with it.

----

You people will keep asking for this magical "proof" forever. We give you scientific proof, you say its not accurate, this trend then self perpetuates.
__________________
My Feedback
I tried to ghost ride my whip but I hit a tree.
green paint2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 06:55 PM #32
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
nicole where are you?
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 06:56 PM #33
green paint2
/-/<
 
green paint2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB2 View Post
nicole where are you?
Thanks for adding to this conversation so astutely.
__________________
My Feedback
I tried to ghost ride my whip but I hit a tree.
green paint2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 07:12 PM #34
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by green paint2 View Post
Thanks for adding to this conversation so astutely.
well if you would like to know, i have been arguing with mike sendker all day (in person)


See I believe homosexuality is something people accept, and eventually do it. Look at ancient Rome, it was accepted there and this is what happened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ancient_Greece
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 07:25 PM #35
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB2 View Post
well if you would like to know, i have been arguing with mike sendker all day (in person)


See I believe homosexuality is something people accept, and eventually do it. Look at ancient Rome, it was accepted there and this is what happened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ancient_Greece
Ya, cause those damn romans are influencing the world with their morals today.

I would like to see you refute the studies that were posted about homosexuality.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 07:35 PM #36
bannedbi slaughter
bambi is back
 
bannedbi slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: lebanon, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYE baller FOR life View Post
i would like to see one PROVEN fact that there is a gene that causes homosexuality, that every single homosexual has.
there isn't one.
it's a choice, that is all it is, it's a demented choice caused by a perverted mind looking for happiness.
you talk about not beliving in things unless you have proof? show me one "PROVEN" fact that god is real.

and wtf gives you the right to say its a choice? are you a homosexual? how would you know this?

ignorance is bliss i guess
__________________
Something wicked, This way comes
bannedbi slaughter is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 07:51 PM #37
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Ya, cause those damn romans are influencing the world with their morals today.

I would like to see you refute the studies that were posted about homosexuality.
your telling me science is more credible than history? So your saying 50% of ancient rome was born gay

tisk tisk
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 07:56 PM #38
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB2 View Post
your telling me science is more credible than history? So your saying 50% of ancient rome was born gay

tisk tisk
History does not mention if they were or were not born gay. Science is much more credible than history also. History is going to be slanted to fit the authors needs. Science is tested, and then tested in peer reviews to make sure the findings are the same.

There are studies that DO show homosexuals have a different genetic makeup and that their brains function different than heterosexuals. So again, I ask you to provide proof to the contrary.

I highly doubt you can do this judging by your posts. I also like how you make up your facts about half of the Roman empire being gay too.

tisk tisk

Last edited by cryptic.paintball : 06-28-2007 at 07:59 PM.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 08:02 PM #39
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post

There are studies that DO show homosexuals have a different genetic makeup and that their brains function different than heterosexuals. So again, I ask you to provide proof to the contrary.
The problem is no one is posting sources. I want sources, because those help. Perhaps you have one for this fact? It would make a hell of a difference.
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 08:03 PM #40
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB2 View Post
The problem is no one is posting sources. I want sources, because those help. Perhaps you have one for this fact? It would make a hell of a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sendker View Post
Homosexuality being a sinful act is no better than being born black being recognized as a sin. Science has more and more shown that homosexuality is a natural-occurrence and impossible to overcome. Evidence has manifested itself in animals, Homosexuality in Animals. An article was recently posted in the New York Times entitled The Science of Gaydar. Here's another article. Why should gays be discriminated against because they were born with uncommon sexual drives. How about the guys that have fetishes for fat or feet or s&m kind of stuff? Why would someone make a conscious decision to enjoy that stuff, or even how? Therefore why would homosexuals make conscious decisions to enjoy members of the same sex?

And why is it that the bible seems to preach that we should live boring, simple lives free of sexual pleasure or mind-altering substances. As long as one is not bringing harm to another then they should be free to take part in such activities. It makes no sense to not do something one enjoys simply because some book compiled by some fat old king in the 300's says so.

And do you believe in the 6000 year earth theory? 6000 Year Old Earth. If you do, how do you believe that when exposed to carbon dating that extends way bast hundreds of millions of years? Do you simply believe science is fraudulent and something the Jews cooked up to take away credibility from the Christians? I mean seriously.
Start with those. Now keep in mind you are being asked to counter these with facts and not your faith.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 08:09 PM #41
Dylan RRPB2 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Start with those. Now keep in mind you are being asked to counter these with facts and not your faith.
Ok, well first off, I am going to say I expect better from you. If you read the article, it talks about certain aspects of your body that are most likely to differ if you are gay.

If you read it, it tells you that "If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, you are less likely to be gay"

All these guys did was, got a bunch of gay guys together and found out something that they all had in common. That is not proven, or at least yet. If it was proven that what you said earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post

There are studies that DO show homosexuals have a different genetic makeup and that their brains function different than heterosexuals. So again, I ask you to provide proof to the contrary.
is true, and you provided a valid source specifically saying that, than what would be arguing over?
Dylan RRPB2 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 08:10 PM #42
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
One of the most influential studies on the genetics of homosexuality was done by Dean Hamer and his co-workers at the National Cancer Institute in Washington DC (1993). Hamer's research involved studying thirty-two pairs of brothers who were either "exclusively or mostly" homosexual. None of the sets of brothers were related. Of the thirty-two pairs, Hamer and his colleagues found that two-thirds of them (twenty-two of the sets of brothers) shared the same type of genetic material. This strongly supports the hypothesis that there is an existing gene that influences homosexuality (4). Hamer then looked closely at the DNA of these gay brothers to try and find the region of the X chromosome (since the earlier research suggested that the gene was passed down maternally) that most of the homosexual brothers shared. He discovered that homosexual brothers have a much higher likelihood of inheriting the same genetic sequence on the region of the X chromosome identified by Xq28, than heterosexual brothers of the same gay men.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump