Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-27-2007, 01:06 PM #1
PBballa8536
Purdue

PBballa8536 plays in the PSP
PBballa8536 is an NCPA player
PBballa8536 plays in the APPA D4 division
Paintball in the olympics

I just read a thread in news about petitioning for paintball in the X games, everyone said putting paintball in the X game and the olympics would be horrible for the sport.

My question is why? I would have posted in that thread but it got closed before i could ask. Im not trying to get flamed im just wondering why people think it would be bad for the sport cuz ive never heard that attitude before.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2007, 01:11 PM #2
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

dualimpact helped look for balloons
because its still not popular enough. most people still think paintball is red necks running around drunk in the forst shooting each other.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:13 PM #3
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

i dont c how pball qualifys for x games. x games involves sports where u get "air" and in paintball there is no air.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 PM #4
Schecky
Matt@VisionPaintball

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
i dont c how pball qualifys for x games. x games involves sports where u get "air" and in paintball there is no air.
and olypmic sports are typically competing in classic and standardized sports, where the goal is almost never to "score" or beat another team

///
Old 06-27-2007, 01:54 PM #5
Prol

Pball in the Olympics .....Why not ........They got the sport that envolves throwing a stone and another one throwing a stone on ice and chasing it with brooms....Dont know what they are called.....But it cant get anymore boring than that ....Pball has points same as any other sport too so i dont know why it shouldnt be in the olympics,true it isnt as popular yet but it will be ........
Ebayfeedback
Old 06-27-2007, 02:02 PM #6
HXCdmann

pb will not be int he xgames if you notice all xgames are single man events...no teams.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:05 PM #7
Zoxygen

^^^ not true, they have rally racing which is a team sport driver/navigator

Anyways, paintball is being calle the new extream sport and thats what the x-games are for. Paintball is just the first team extream sport out there.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:08 PM #8
Rapier7
Smarter than you

The ice broom thing is curling. It's ****ing hilarious to watch. It's like a play about janitors...on ice!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:01 PM #9
xsvboy

Paintball is a team sport and there isnt any sports (that I know of) that are team sports in the x-games. Also it would be bad because pro's will cheat to win and that would be bad for people who dont play to see so they would think all paintballers cheat.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 PM #10
lost2
EgoManiAc

pb in xgames...maybe
pb in Olympics..i dont think so
Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM #11
Roweanos212 (Banned)

ok this is what i think,
paintball should be in the x games and not olympics. i think x ball should be played in the summer x games as a X games championship, x games = xtreem paintball. olympics NO! the olympics started in ancien greece and they shouldnt because they didnt have paintball games bakc then. the olympics is where people have to use there whole body to play the game. yes i know paintball uses everything but you have to rely on a machine to do half the work. in any other olympic game there is no machine.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:23 PM #12
Nalayah

Paintball does not classify as an extreme sport. Look up the definitions folks.

Also, it's BORING to watch people sit there and just lob $30 of paint at each other. People want action, and there isn't enough in paintball.

Thirdly, paintball is too much of a violent sport to even be considered for the olympics.

*throws on asbestos clothing*

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Old 06-27-2007, 05:45 PM #13
AGGNASTIC
Lansdale

wow another thread like this

NEW FEEDBACK

Rickrolld was gay.

"Originally posted by MVPaintballer:....but I get $0.50 extra for every person I ban during a shift."
"Originally posted by ClawHammer: Then you must live very well."
Old 06-27-2007, 05:51 PM #14
pbplayer808
It's time we have a chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
because its still not popular enough. most people still think paintball is red necks running around drunk in the forst shooting each other.
QFT

"Originally posted by MatrixBaller04:Hell I am ****ing gay and get more respect in here than you.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:26 PM #15
snuggles_smith
Juke Box Hero

Paintball is not an extreme sport. Extreme sports are generally activities that are dangerous. There's pratically no danger involved if you keep your mask on. You get shot, you walk off the field, maybe get a light welt. You mess up a trick skateboarding, you could easily break bones. Same with any other extreme sport. It's also a team sport, which isn't to common in the X-games. Then there's the arguing and cheating factor.

Paintball will probably never be in the Olympics, there's no where near enough players around the world. And there's to much mechanical equipment involved, the gun is as much if not more a part of the game then physical ability. And they would have to standardize the equipment, which would literally start an industrial war between the manufacturers for who's gear would be used. The arguing and cheating doesn't help. And when it comes down to it, there's just to much luck involved in the sport to really make it legit. Doesn't matter how hard you try, a lucky bounce or barrel break or ref call can easily decide the outcome of the game.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 PM #16
Prol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roweanos212 View Post
ok this is what i think,
paintball should be in the x games and not olympics. i think x ball should be played in the summer x games as a X games championship, x games = xtreem paintball. olympics NO! the olympics started in ancien greece and they shouldnt because they didnt have paintball games bakc then. the olympics is where people have to use there whole body to play the game. yes i know paintball uses everything but you have to rely on a machine to do half the work. in any other olympic game there is no machine.
Sorry to burst your bubble but theres a winter olympic sport (forgot the name again ..lol)where skiers run around with rifles on there backs and shot tragets in diferent locations.....Rifles are machines ........and greeks didnt have them ....
Ebayfeedback
Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 PM #17
paintballer9876

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggles_smith View Post
Paintball is not an extreme sport. Extreme sports are generally activities that are dangerous. There's pratically no danger involved if you keep your mask on. You get shot, you walk off the field, maybe get a light welt. You mess up a trick skateboarding, you could easily break bones. Same with any other extreme sport. It's also a team sport, which isn't to common in the X-games. Then there's the arguing and cheating factor.

Paintball will probably never be in the Olympics, there's no where near enough players around the world. And there's to much mechanical equipment involved, the gun is as much if not more a part of the game then physical ability. And they would have to standardize the equipment, which would literally start an industrial war between the manufacturers for who's gear would be used. The arguing and cheating doesn't help. And when it comes down to it, there's just to much luck involved in the sport to really make it legit. Doesn't matter how hard you try, a lucky bounce or barrel break or ref call can easily decide the outcome of the game.
Theres more paintballers than curlers (the wierd ice game where they push rocks around), and at that level of compotition, the difference in markers is very minimal, and if the marker really is more of the game phisical ability, than that means that we could take any bigginner and stick a dm7 in there hands and they should be able to beat ollie, nicky cuba, or any pro for that matter. I dont think the hole paintball in the olympics would happen simply because most countrys dont like guns (and yes a marker is a gun because when you pull the trigger it shoots a projectile). Oh and Prol its called a biathalon.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 PM #18
crazyboarder9999

crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
crazyboarder9999 supports Team VICIOUS
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
thats wrong how do u shoot ur gun... compressed AIR

Contact me for more information
Old 06-27-2007, 07:40 PM #19
Prol

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer9876 View Post
Theres more paintballers than curlers (the wierd ice game where they push rocks around), and at that level of compotition, the difference in markers is very minimal, and if the marker really is more of the game phisical ability, than that means that we could take any bigginner and stick a dm7 in there hands and they should be able to beat ollie, nicky cuba, or any pro for that matter. I dont think the hole paintball in the olympics would happen simply because most countrys dont like guns (and yes a marker is a gun because when you pull the trigger it shoots a projectile). Oh and Prol its called a biathalon.

Lol thanks for the info ........
Ebayfeedback
Old 06-27-2007, 07:54 PM #20
I~H8~U

xgames maybe.... omlypics.... very improbable, but anyone who has played paintball on a tournament level knows that its way too fast paced to get all the action on camera.... to capture all the action you would need multiple cameras and editing to keep it as exciting as possible to the unfamiliar viewer... and because as stated before....the stereotype that we're a bunch of rednecks running around in the woods "sniping" each other.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 PM #21
slashx1622
Punk Rock Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXCdmann View Post
pb will not be int he xgames if you notice all xgames are single man events...no teams.

They did something a few years ago called the X Games Global: each team was the best from the country and competed in a single sport, but there were represntatives in all the sports... still there was the camera on 1 person the whole time... not 5 or 7....

X games might not work, but the olympics is a possiblity...
if they can do Curling (the dumbest "sport" ever)... paintball should be one too... itll just take time...
Sean McDonald Fan #33 and Uprising Nation Supporter #122
East Koast Kids
I play at FIRESTORM