Old 06-26-2007, 05:30 PM #1
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
Retirement

Came across a thread about Colt leaving the Dogs for Aftermath. (I don't want this thread to be about that.) Something Colt said in his post struck me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt .45 View Post
I thought I had a home in which to finish my paintball career but things change and one must adapt.
What struck me about that comment is that, with all the movement you see these days, I really didn't think players put much emphasis on 'finding a home' where they could play till they retired. Frankly, I didn't think players thought about much more than "finding a place to hang out till the end of the season" and then they'd happily boogie on down to the next exit off the highway.

I'm being serious here. I figured that players, at least the big name pro's you read about all the time (I read about them to, there isn't a "pro eyes only" magazine - although I think there should be - and the gossip you read about on PBDojo mostly comes from the people you are reading about) defined themselves by the quality of the list of teams they'd balled for. One year on the Ironmen: 2 points, year on Dynasty Dynamics: 2 points, year on XSV (pre break up) 4 points (post breakup would only be worth about 1 point, until they settle down again). LTZ: 0 points. Paid by LTZ: 1 point. By that logic, "settling down" would hurt your final score.

I don't want to pose any questions here. Just food for thought. I don't really expect players to live and die with the team anymore (although I know some of them would, but is that because they are loyal to the team, or because they are not interested in becoming true paintball bums, as a full on travel schedule, with weekly cross country flights to practice, would require)? Art Helmick (co-owner of Arsenal, when they were good) once said to me, "expect to get 3 years out of a player. 1 to train him up, 2 to get value back. then don't be mad when he quits, because that's just how life is." There are players who "bleed blue" (a DA term for true Hurricane loyalists), including a bunch we have now, but I don't expect it, I don't get surprised when I find out its not there. Its nice. But its not something to hunt for.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie

Last edited by J. Stein : 06-26-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 PM #2
Jolfer
http://lennyemery.com/

You are a smart man Jeff. :Tup:

MySpace - FaceBook - LennyEmery.com - Twitter
Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 PM #3
back_man69 (Banned)

haha i love the ltz bit.
good write up though, present some interesting points.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 PM #4
Tivo32
Be Clutch

i haven't been playing for very long, but that has been one thing that has struck me right away. There isn't much loyalty in paintball. I'm hoping that that is something that will change. Good write up Jeff!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 AM #5
k8ghty2wo
Contract Killa

hey Jeff, I play last weekend with Mo, and Mooner. It was so funny. Mooner is a funny guy. But he still rocks the DM3 with a Revy. I was a little shocked at that. Ask If about my Crazy move to bunker the guy at X he will laugh when you ask him. But Yea talk to him about it
Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 PM #6
back_man69 (Banned)

nobody cares.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:00 PM #7
k8ghty2wo
Contract Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by back_man69 View Post
nobody cares.
why dont you worry about sellin ur ****ty etek and Ion and let the big boys talk ok pumpkin
Old 07-03-2007, 04:04 PM #8
back_man69 (Banned)

1) the etek is being traded. sorry i pay for my own ****
2) the wtb an ION is for a friend, sorry i have friends

u arent a big boy, just one annoying kid who runs around the forum thinking hes gonna be a pro if he hangs on jeff's nuts

go away. btw, NYX is dead.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:08 PM #9
jonzo

Quote:

u arent a big boy, just one annoying kid who runs around the forum thinking hes gonna be a pro if he hangs on jeff's nuts

I care...I guess that means you owe him an apology, and while you're at it, stop acting like a jackass.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:12 PM #10
-={MicHauD}=- (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8ghty2wo View Post
why dont you worry about sellin ur ****ty etek and Ion and let the big boys talk ok pumpkin
rofl
Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 PM #11
Carnagge

I shoot an etek. Its never let me down. I've seen egos and timmys and DM's PM's, shockers. I've seen them all go down. Yet my ego was whored out at chicago, it played 3x as many games as I did in xball. QQ I wish I was as good as my gun is I guess...

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM #12
-={MicHauD}=- (Banned)

its also funny because there a hurricanes etek now lol
Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 PM #13
k8ghty2wo
Contract Killa

Quote:

first off...i dont care if NYX is dead there were still my fav team...second...i dont even know jeff, i was just tellin him what moe told me to tell him...third...ur prolly wack at life, and paintball for that matter...fourth...im clearly not runnin around this thread...i figure i support my hometeam...being that i am from "New England"...fifth...who shoots an etek...plus i know NEH makes up but that still doesnt mean its a good gun... so why dont u get ur money up...or talent ( btw i won both of those guns at tournys) ooook pumpkin!!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:32 PM #14
paintballkid3209

ummmm if you live in newyork the canes arent your home team since they're from new england
Old 07-05-2007, 05:16 PM #15
back_man69 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballkid3209 View Post
ummmm if you live in newyork the canes arent your home team since they're from new england
i would ignore him..hes like..13 years old (atleast acts like it) and thinks hes amazing cuz mommy and daddy bought his guns.
and yes they're from new england, more specifically boston.

and edit: ty carnagge for proving my point. my etek, has been through rain and mud and has taken a pretty good beating, but it still works the same way it did when it came out in the box. its a great, cheaper alternative to an 06 ego/any other high end. it shoots just as nicely as the ego6, if im not mistaken its also lighter and its simple to change settings. i love it, i just wanna see what i can get for it

Last edited by back_man69 : 07-05-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:19 PM #16
Jolfer
http://lennyemery.com/

Quote:
first off...i dont care if NYX is dead there were still my fav team...second...i dont even know jeff, i was just tellin him what moe told me to tell him...third...ur prolly wack at life, and paintball for that matter...fourth...im clearly not runnin around this thread...i figure i support my hometeam...being that i am from "New England"...fifth...who shoots an etek...plus i know NEH makes up but that still doesnt mean its a good gun... so why dont u get ur money up...or talent ( btw i won both of those guns at tournys) ooook pumpkin!!
You do realize Jonzo is on the Canes, right?

Well, BPS for NPPL and NYH for NXL, but either way.

MySpace - FaceBook - LennyEmery.com - Twitter
Old 07-05-2007, 08:45 PM #17
k8ghty2wo
Contract Killa

Wow Someone Cant Read...i Clearly Said I Won Those Guns For Tournys U **** Head....my Parents Dont Buy Me ****...so Ur A ****in Moron...second I Wasnt Makin Fun Of Jonzo...i Cleary Know Who He Is And What Team He Plays For...also No **** There From Boston...i Have Played At Boston Paintball B4...and Ny Is Considered In New England U ****ing Moron....name Another ****in Pro Team Thats Around Here....ummm None B/c Ny Is In Ne....so Go Play With Ur Moms Old Dildo....
Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 PM #18
back_man69 (Banned)

Quote:
Wow Someone Cant Read...i Clearly Said I Won Those Guns For Tournys U **** Head....my Parents Dont Buy Me ****...so Ur A ****in Moron...second I Wasnt Makin Fun Of Jonzo...i Cleary Know Who He Is And What Team He Plays For...also No **** There From Boston...i Have Played At Boston Paintball B4...and Ny Is Considered In New England U ****ing Moron....name Another ****in Pro Team Thats Around Here....ummm None B/c Ny Is In Ne....so Go Play With Ur Moms Old Dildo....
ok...you just proved my point.
please lock this thread and end the flameage.
oh and btw ny is NOT part of new england. if i must, new england consists of: maine, new hampshire, vermont, massachusetts, conneticut, rhode island. if im not mistaken.

edit: if mooner was using something that looked like a revvy, it was def. an empire reloader. not a revvy. just realized you mentioned that earlier.

Last edited by back_man69 : 07-05-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 PM #19
Breanna_x0x

new york is actually a mid-atlantic state
just some basic 4th grade geography

i'm hoping you passed the 4th grade?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 PM #20
back_man69 (Banned)

not by the way he acts haha.
lets just leave it alone though guys..dont embarrass (sp?) him anymore..
Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 PM #21
k8ghty2wo
Contract Killa

Quote:
ok...you just proved my point.
please lock this thread and end the flameage.
oh and btw ny is NOT part of new england. if i must, new england consists of: maine, new hampshire, vermont, massachusetts, conneticut, rhode island. if im not mistaken.

edit: if mooner was using something that looked like a revvy, it was def. an empire reloader. not a revvy. just realized you mentioned that earlier.
FALSE....NY IS CLEARY APART OF NE...UR AN IDOIT...SO IN OTHER WORDS UR TELLIN ME I DONT PLAY WITH MOOONER....AND THAT HE DOESNT HAVE A REVVY....ok....ASK J.STEIN U COCK STAIN...