PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-02-2007, 12:50 PM #1
Liquidlead Artist
Royal Flush Airbrush
Nicky Cuba Step by Step thread part #2

I had to make a new thread because I had too many pictures and characters so this is the Nicky Cuba Step by Step thread part #2
Here is the link the the first thread:

Ok I am back. I was at The Blair School of art for a weekend getaway, while I was there I learned the techniques of Dru Blair, the most famous airbrush artist, in airbrushing with color. My next piece is going to be in color sprayed with the airbrush. I would recommend checking out his website to see exactly how realistic that you can get with the airbrush. Here is his latest painting.
This is NOT a photograph!

Again this is a PAINTING by Dru Blair. Checkout his website at
I plan to have artwork of this quality for you guys in the next couple years

While I was there I talked to Dru ALOT about marketing my artwork. He told me to make the following changes.
1) I am going to get my own website where you can purchase my drawings with a credit card.
2) I am going to make a series of 5x7 post cards that I will sell for about $5 shipped.
3) Canvas will no longer be available, but I will have the limited editions and masters editions printing on Hahnemuhle paper, finest quality paper so that it indistinguishable from the original.
4) I am going to have my drawing professionally scanned by a Cruse Scanner so that the prints will be indistinguishable for the original.

So anyway this is the plan for the future. I plan on working on Nicky Cuba tonight. I am also getting excited for my next project.

I ordered a whole bunch of these 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 prints I will be selling them for $5 shipped
I also purchased a domain for a website today, I should have that up soon, and I will start taking orders from there.

I started on the loader. I still have some work to do on it. The contrast is really strong on the loader I need to tone it down or bring up the contrast on the gun, I am not sure what I am going to do. I am pretty sure that it will be a mixture of both. Its starting to come together.

120 hours
I am starting to put in the detail and final shading. I am using the airbrush alot more now to get the suttle shading. I think that it is really coming together. I really need to work on the left sleeve.

There is an art show this sunday in Beaver Dam, WI that I will be at, so anyone in the area is welcome to come and see the original
Royal Flush Airbrush
Ollie Lang Drawing
Team Dynasty Drawing
Thomas Taylor Drawing
Nicky Cuba Drawing

Last edited by Liquidlead Artist : 07-06-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 07-02-2007, 01:25 PM #2
Hey Ladies...
man u do some amazing work! Now u gunna do like Lang next or who is up there on the drawing board for your next peice of paintball art?
Old Feedback 23+
Buy Kick'n Paintballs PBNATION WHORE #75
Old 07-02-2007, 06:32 PM #3
dodgy1O1 (Banned)
Whoot! Can't wait for this picture that i won .
Old 07-02-2007, 06:36 PM #4
Bunk and grind
evolkers2003 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
evolkers2003 is an NCPA player
evolkers2003 plays in the APPA D5 division
Like i said in your ST thread, that guy who did that pic is amazing. I cant wait to see neckey (no sp, i pronounce it with a french accent. It makes me feel like i have something special with neckey )

Trauma#816 XSV #1202 Free stuff V1 alumni #1!