PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-02-2007, 11:50 AM #1
Liquidlead Artist
Royal Flush Airbrush

Nicky Cuba Step by Step thread part #2

I had to make a new thread because I had too many pictures and characters so this is the Nicky Cuba Step by Step thread part #2
Here is the link the the first thread:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2185242

Ok I am back. I was at The Blair School of art for a weekend getaway, while I was there I learned the techniques of Dru Blair, the most famous airbrush artist, in airbrushing with color. My next piece is going to be in color sprayed with the airbrush. I would recommend checking out his website to see exactly how realistic that you can get with the airbrush. Here is his latest painting.
This is NOT a photograph!

Again this is a PAINTING by Dru Blair. Checkout his website at www.Drublair.com
I plan to have artwork of this quality for you guys in the next couple years

While I was there I talked to Dru ALOT about marketing my artwork. He told me to make the following changes.
1) I am going to get my own website where you can purchase my drawings with a credit card.
2) I am going to make a series of 5x7 post cards that I will sell for about $5 shipped.
3) Canvas will no longer be available, but I will have the limited editions and masters editions printing on Hahnemuhle paper, finest quality paper so that it indistinguishable from the original.
4) I am going to have my drawing professionally scanned by a Cruse Scanner so that the prints will be indistinguishable for the original.

So anyway this is the plan for the future. I plan on working on Nicky Cuba tonight. I am also getting excited for my next project.

I ordered a whole bunch of these 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 prints I will be selling them for $5 shipped
I also purchased a domain for a website today, I should have that up soon, and I will start taking orders from there.

I started on the loader. I still have some work to do on it. The contrast is really strong on the loader I need to tone it down or bring up the contrast on the gun, I am not sure what I am going to do. I am pretty sure that it will be a mixture of both. Its starting to come together.

120 hours
I am starting to put in the detail and final shading. I am using the airbrush alot more now to get the suttle shading. I think that it is really coming together. I really need to work on the left sleeve.

There is an art show this sunday in Beaver Dam, WI that I will be at, so anyone in the area is welcome to come and see the original
Team Dynasty Drawing
Thomas Taylor Drawing
Nicky Cuba Drawing

Last edited by Liquidlead Artist : 07-06-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 PM #2
Deuceswildt3
Hey Ladies...

man u do some amazing work! Now u gunna do like Lang next or who is up there on the drawing board for your next peice of paintball art?
Buy Kick'n Paintballs PBNATION WHORE #75
HUGE GEAR SALE NUMBER UNO
Old 07-02-2007, 05:32 PM #3
dodgy1O1 (Banned)
tired of school

Whoot! Can't wait for this picture that i won .
Old 07-02-2007, 05:36 PM #4
evolkers2003
Ego10

evolkers2003 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Like i said in your ST thread, that guy who did that pic is amazing. I cant wait to see neckey (no sp, i pronounce it with a french accent. It makes me feel like i have something special with neckey )

Trauma#816 XSV #1202 Free stuff V1 alumni #1!

~UWEC~