what bad reffing - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-23-2007, 03:53 PM #1
Ego baller 11
DonDillon.
 
Ego baller 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palm Beach.
what bad reffing

for real, you guys shouldve and would've killed aftershock if it wasnt for those badd calls.
__________________
68/45
feedback[/b]
Ego baller 11 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2007, 05:16 PM #2
YOP
AZN PBALLER
 
YOP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: FL
I wasn't there.
what happened?
__________________
RUSSIAN LEGION FAN # 983|FEEDBACK
YOP is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 06:06 PM #3
Ego baller 11
DonDillon.
 
Ego baller 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Palm Beach.
they got like 4 penalties and lost when they were ahead by like 3
__________________
68/45
feedback[/b]
Ego baller 11 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 07:58 PM #4
EvilEmpyre
#1 Stunna
 
EvilEmpyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Were YOU actually there? Did you watch the game first hand? you dont know what happened exactly so stop your coulda shoulda woulda *****ing.
EvilEmpyre is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 08:26 PM #5
milehighpber06
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
...what made the calls bad? I couldnt tell in the vid.....
__________________
"Originally posted by Skillet42565: Because I like Trauma I have to like LaSoya? Thats like saying because I like porn I have to like dicks."
milehighpber06 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 10:21 PM #6
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem
 
Ynnekdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmpyre View Post
Were YOU actually there? Did you watch the game first hand? you dont know what happened exactly so stop your coulda shoulda woulda *****ing.
I dunno if he was there or not but the reffing did suck... I was there, first hand, in the pits and some BS calls were made and some huge calls were missed. PSP seems to have something against RL too. While walking around near PSP refs and officials I noticed a lot of bias towards RL...Just my opinion I guess but I was getting kinda pissed off.
__________________
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."


Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 11:00 PM #7
YOP
AZN PBALLER
 
YOP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: FL
Wow that sucks
RL had a good start with that 23-1 beatdown too
__________________
RUSSIAN LEGION FAN # 983|FEEDBACK
YOP is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 12:52 AM #8
Spudeey
Oh Yeah
 
Spudeey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnekdude View Post
I dunno if he was there or not but the reffing did suck... I was there, first hand, in the pits and some BS calls were made and some huge calls were missed. PSP seems to have something against RL too. While walking around near PSP refs and officials I noticed a lot of bias towards RL...Just my opinion I guess but I was getting kinda pissed off.
yea they will call the stupidest penalties on legion and will call them out for bunker rub. It was pretty bad.
Spudeey is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:11 AM #9
~SnOwBaWls~
Obama/Biden 2008
 
~SnOwBaWls~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: dirty tampa/NY
If it wasnt for those penaltys and R.L was playin at full strength with 5 guys, they would of murdered aftershock and everone knows it to.. Its hard to win a game when your playin 3 on 5 (2on5 at one point in the game)..
__________________
Russian Legion Fan #951
Miami Rage Fan #150
Str8killas
Dirty South
MJ FTW
~SnOwBaWls~ is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:20 AM #10
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem
 
Ynnekdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Yea, PSP officials and refs don't like RL because they are "Russians" and everyone knows russians are bad people!
__________________
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."


Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:12 PM #11
pr0xy_dA3m0n
Kachow!
 
pr0xy_dA3m0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 905 Canada
ive always noticed, there is always biasing against foreign teams,
in the NXL its the russians, and in the NPPL its the sweeds (joy) and canadians (<3 impact).
Becuase the paintball world is obviousally run by americans, and the pro circut is 90% american teams, new foreign pro teams make the refs maybe angry, or jealous because other countries are sending their best out to fight theirs.

for me its the opposite, i love the foreign teams (Russians <3, joy and impact)
probabily becuase im not american, and i like to see other countries, and even continents sending over pro teams. Which is in turn revolutionizing paintball.

Disclaimer:
im not saying that ALL americans are ignorant like i said above, its just..well alot of them are.
This is not a flame-war starter or anything.
Its just my opinion, and observation.

this is just my way of looking at it,
pr0xy_dA3m0n is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 04:52 PM #12
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem
 
Ynnekdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xy_dA3m0n View Post
ive always noticed, there is always biasing against foreign teams,
in the NXL its the russians, and in the NPPL its the sweeds (joy) and canadians (<3 impact).
Becuase the paintball world is obviousally run by americans, and the pro circut is 90% american teams, new foreign pro teams make the refs maybe angry, or jealous because other countries are sending their best out to fight theirs.

for me its the opposite, i love the foreign teams (Russians <3, joy and impact)
probabily becuase im not american, and i like to see other countries, and even continents sending over pro teams. Which is in turn revolutionizing paintball.

Disclaimer:
im not saying that ALL americans are ignorant like i said above, its just..well alot of them are.
This is not a flame-war starter or anything.
Its just my opinion, and observation.

this is just my way of looking at it,
I'm American and I completely agree!
__________________
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."


Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 06:23 PM #13
M£aTball
♥ Bojankles ♥
 
M£aTball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Jersey
yea, listening to teams like dynasty play makes me sick, the amount of language they use on the field is ridiculous/unnecessary. Theyre not the best of sports either. Foreign teams always seem to be just the opposite though. Of course, all teams curse, but not nearly as much as ive heard the American teams.
__________________
TopGun Factory
M£aTball is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 06:25 PM #14
LiquidSpeed
Blah Blah MW>HK Blah Blah
 
LiquidSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ~708~
Shock blew apart RL.

go shock.
__________________
|Smart Parts ION|-|T-Board|-|CP Rake Trigger|-|SP 360 QEV|-|Function Clamping Feedneck|-|Shocktech mini drop and on/off|-|Hyper 2 Reg|- |Freak|
LiquidSpeed is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 06:31 PM #15
pbgideonpb
Somebody hold me back
 
pbgideonpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
can someone pinponit exactly what bad calls were made? SOmeone said bunkerrub... okay that sucks, but it happens. Anything else? I mean heaven forbid the ref's actually enforce a "playing on" infraction.

Can anybody point to specific examples of what happened to who, and why they got out, or are you going to continue to just whine? I'm honestly curious as to exactly what happened, because when you just blab about "omg huge calls were missed!" it makes you sound like you have no clue what you are talking about.
__________________
Iz it cans b paintball timez now?

IVY LEAGUE I think I've said enough IVY LEAGUE

I rock the COLDEST ice

It's a Mini fst
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2277345
pbgideonpb is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 PM #16
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem
 
Ynnekdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgideonpb View Post
can someone pinponit exactly what bad calls were made? SOmeone said bunkerrub... okay that sucks, but it happens. Anything else? I mean heaven forbid the ref's actually enforce a "playing on" infraction.

Can anybody point to specific examples of what happened to who, and why they got out, or are you going to continue to just whine? I'm honestly curious as to exactly what happened, because when you just blab about "omg huge calls were missed!" it makes you sound like you have no clue what you are talking about.
In particular during the RL vs Strange game. Strange players would be stuck on the back off the break ( I was in the pits, I know they were hit, I saw them playing corner with a hit ) and as this was going on players would be yelling "CHECK BACK LEFT REF!" the ref would slowly make his way over about 5 seconds later and pull the player, no flag, not even a minor. Now for example: Alex Lundqvist took a hit (he was running, no gunning) and continued to run another three steps give or take in the Aftershock game and he was given a penalty. Now how does that make sense? He was not sure whether or not he was hit, he did not shoot, and he was in the middle of a run. Do the refs expect him to stop in the middle of a lane and check himself? It was complete bs and my friend said he caught it on film (he was using my camera) so I am going to upload it ASAP.
__________________
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."


Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 08:40 PM #17
Carnagge
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
you cannot make an aggressive move with an obvious hit. He would have needed to run to the nearest sideline to remove himself from the game....

Its pretty much bs... But hey they let the Femme's pick up pods while in the middle of the game. I guess they'll let anything slide these days...I mean for one game they got shot out of the 50 X and they picked up their pods and walked thru the other teams lines and went into there pit. I think they were playing riptide.
__________________
My feedback is 100%

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:51 AM #18
paintballstud
A-Rock
 
paintballstud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MO
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballstud plays in the APPA D5 division
Although I agree that the refs were terrible at Chicago (I played in the event) the calls against RL were correct, imo.

I cannot give details but there was one match against Shock where RL had to start with two guys because of constant penalties and one of them were shot off break about 4 times running, got in his bunker and continued to shoot...I'm all for the Legion by every means but it wasn't smart playing on their part, just wasn't their match. Had the penalties never happened than they would of handed Shock their *****, but that wasn't the case.

All of the penalties I saw that match were from playing on.
__________________
MW BANDITS

OLD FEEDBACK 32+/0-

Empire B for sale
paintballstud is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 AM #19
Andrey_Cosim
 
 
Andrey_Cosim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Russia
I wrote here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post36876663
Quote:
Russian trainers said that team got a 1x5min and 6x2min penalties.
All penalties were fair: 5 min and 2 min got for "play on", others for talking with marshals and because of some 'penaltied' players weren't in deadbox for the moment of game start.
Every mistake will be analized and RL will work hard to prepare for next tournament to show the real game like it was with Ultimate.
__________________
Praemonitus praemunitus
Andrey_Cosim is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 AM #20
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016
 
pyromaniacs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ECU
pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've said it, before. The Russians are going to go into Omoha and rape everyone there. You saw what they did to Ultimate? Don't be supprised if all of their preliminary scores look like that, next event.
__________________
pyromaniacs1 is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:59 PM #21
Andrey_Cosim
 
 
Andrey_Cosim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Russia
yeap, I really hope so!
__________________
Praemonitus praemunitus
Andrey_Cosim is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump