Evan Almighty - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 PM #1
Grayscale
Unbending Perspicacity
 
Grayscale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Evan Almighty

3 days away...

Thoughts on this movie?

I'm planning to see it on Friday.
__________________
I don't care about anything that you think about anything.
Grayscale is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 PM #2
berniethecat (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
eh...I don't know, it could be alright I guess, I'm sure I'll rent it sometime, but I'm not excited for it in the least.
berniethecat is offline  
Old 06-19-2007, 10:07 PM #3
noober333 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USR,NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniethecat View Post
eh...I don't know, it could be alright I guess, I'm sure I'll rent it sometime, but I'm not excited for it in the least.
.


If they at least made it pg13, I'd probobly see it in theaters, Steve Carell is great, but this is looking very santa clause-ish.
noober333 is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:24 AM #4
Big_Dangerous
Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts!
 
Big_Dangerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This is going to suck donkey dick. I'm sorry but even if does good at the box office it's only because they down played it to more of a family movie.

I never thought Steve Carell was all that funny anyways. Everyone's like hey man you gotta watch the office - I did and told them to go **** themselves for making me waste my time, it wasn't funny at all. The only funny movie Carell was in, was 40 year old and most of the laughs/jokes were from the supporting cast; He was somewhat funny in Bruce Almighty, but I mean he had like what 5 scenes at most..
__________________
OSST GDTers will always remember, "Epic Rigby Hooker Peach Fail!"
Originally posted by slateman: "Would you guys play with a girl's breast warts?"
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Big_Dangerous is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:56 AM #5
OpticoN
cashhhh flowww
 
OpticoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dangerous View Post
This is going to suck donkey dick. I'm sorry but even if does good at the box office it's only because they down played it to more of a family movie.

I never thought Steve Carell was all that funny anyways. Everyone's like hey man you gotta watch the office - I did and told them to go **** themselves for making me waste my time, it wasn't funny at all. The only funny movie Carell was in, was 40 year old and most of the laughs/jokes were from the supporting cast; He was somewhat funny in Bruce Almighty, but I mean he had like what 5 scenes at most..
Ok negative Nancy. This movie doesn't look that great but every other thing Steve Carell has been in has been awesome. Office is ****ing hilarious. You lack something in your brain if you don't think it's funny.
__________________
"Originally posted by Th3 Twiztid Two: Nothing like feeling like you used your dick as a murder weapon anyway."

***** iz you rollin!?!
OpticoN is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 09:54 PM #6
snuggles_smith
Juke Box Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
 has been a member for 10 years
It doesn't look that great, looks geared more towards kids. I mean come on, he's building an ark. Which has made me wonder since the first preview I seen for it, what's he going to actually use the ark for? Is there going to be a giant flood that kills everybody that's not on the ark, like the original Bible story?
__________________
Xtreme Pump Players League
snuggles_smith is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 PM #7
paintballguy990 (Banned)
 
paintballguy990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggles_smith View Post
It doesn't look that great, looks geared more towards kids. I mean come on, he's building an ark. Which has made me wonder since the first preview I seen for it, what's he going to actually use the ark for? Is there going to be a giant flood that kills everybody that's not on the ark, like the original Bible story?
yeah..it wouldnt really be funny if it really did kill everyone..
paintballguy990 is offline  
Old 06-21-2007, 01:57 AM #8
Big_Dangerous
Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts!
 
Big_Dangerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticoN View Post
Ok negative Nancy. This movie doesn't look that great but every other thing Steve Carell has been in has been awesome. Office is ****ing hilarious. You lack something in your brain if you don't think it's funny.
Ok I guess if I don't find one guy funny that makes me stupid...

Not everybody finds Seinfeld funny, but I don't call them idiots because of it... Whatever, go **** yourself mate.
__________________
OSST GDTers will always remember, "Epic Rigby Hooker Peach Fail!"
Originally posted by slateman: "Would you guys play with a girl's breast warts?"
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Big_Dangerous is offline  
Old 06-21-2007, 08:34 PM #9
snuggles_smith
Juke Box Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bloomington, Indiana
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dangerous View Post
Not everybody finds Seinfeld funny
Now there's something we should be worried about.
__________________
Xtreme Pump Players League
snuggles_smith is offline  
Old 06-21-2007, 08:51 PM #10
lop
RAIDER HATE
 
lop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Everett, Wa
 has been a member for 10 years
Bruce > Evan
__________________
Upgrade your grey matter because one day it may matter.
lop is offline  
Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 PM #11
luisgodzilla99
No Magmes
 
luisgodzilla99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.F., Mexico
im gonna see it for steve carell (sp?) i dont actually know how to react towards, its stupid that there making it but steve is a really good and funny actor so ya
__________________
.::DK::. .::DK::. .::DK::. .::DK.::

Lightning Vagina>Thunder ****

[dk]GOD_zilla29
[dk]GOD_zilla29
[dk]GOD_zilla29
luisgodzilla99 is offline  
Old 06-21-2007, 11:26 PM #12
CrazyChunk
 
 
CrazyChunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 703 NVA baby.
 has been a member for 10 years
well it does actually flood. they have a new preview on tv now, and it show's an actual flood comes.
CrazyChunk is offline  
Old 06-21-2007, 11:42 PM #13
atomix1010
t3h own3ge
 
atomix1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
looks either good or bad.
atomix1010 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 03:46 PM #14
LedZepplinFan79
Dye Balla 67
 
LedZepplinFan79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: St.Louis MO
hello? anchorman as brick? he was so ****in funny
__________________
Date Ariane Thread I Was There!
Boat Sister Bj Thread I was There!
Originally a 2k5er
Originally Posted by JC Nor7
my girl blind folded me and handcuffed me then continued to shove saltine crackers in my ***.
LedZepplinFan79 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 04:28 PM #15
paintballguy990 (Banned)
 
paintballguy990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomix1010 View Post
looks either good or bad.
You arent going into movie criticism as a career are you?
paintballguy990 is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 08:08 PM #16
Highlow
FXX goes VROOM!
 
Highlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clearwater, FL ~727~
It was ok, not really that great at all, it lacked action.
__________________
-
-
-
To Each His Own
- -
-


"Originally posted by Sno.Man: i once called some girls boyfriend gay, and he hit me with his purse."
"Originally posted by girl from the gym: I'm loling so hard at the thought of third world kits sniffing **** for a trip."
Highlow is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 10:36 PM #17
Charlie_Heston
Epic
 
Charlie_Heston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Western NY
Charlie_Heston is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bruce was good for 2 reasons:

1. It was a normal man with the powers of God, not a man building a boat.
2. It took place in Buffalo, even though none of the actors actually filmed there. But I'll over look that last detail.

As funny as Carell is I don't see it being anywhere near as good as the first. I think they should have just left it at Bruce. I suppose next we'll have someone portraying a modern Moses.
__________________
Originally posted by zellthemedic: Holy ****, you just made my life."
Originally posted by Harry Callahan:Why? because Charlie is the man.

PBN Steam Community
Charlie_Heston is offline  
Old 06-23-2007, 11:04 PM #18
markal1990
 
 
markal1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: KY
It looks alright.
__________________
1999 Yamaha R6
MDT > Your thread.
“I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” - Jimi Hendrix
markal1990 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 07:08 AM #19
assassinationACI
ONCE GREAT, ALWAYS GREAT
 
assassinationACI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: GOOSECREEK, SC
assassinationACI is a Supporting Member
Steve Carell is funny in any role he played. I remember him in Anchorman. He hit that dude with a trident, and while they were arguing he was like 'YELL! YELL! I DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE YELLING ABOUT!" "Wanna go to a party in my pants?"
__________________
OLD feedback
assassinationACI is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:43 AM #20
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
I laughed maybe twice. Actually it was more of a smile than a laugh.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 05:02 AM #21
Big_Dangerous
Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts!
 
Big_Dangerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Heston View Post
Bruce was good for 2 reasons:

1. It was a normal man with the powers of God, not a man building a boat.
2. It took place in Buffalo, even though none of the actors actually filmed there. But I'll over look that last detail.

As funny as Carell is I don't see it being anywhere near as good as the first. I think they should have just left it at Bruce. I suppose next we'll have someone portraying a modern Moses.

Not to mention it had Jim Carey, who we all know is much funnier than Carrel
__________________
OSST GDTers will always remember, "Epic Rigby Hooker Peach Fail!"
Originally posted by slateman: "Would you guys play with a girl's breast warts?"
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
Big_Dangerous is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump