Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-19-2007, 12:02 AM #1
JoePsycho
Child molester

My dad's convinced...(heroes)

That Peter Petrelli is dead.

I know for a fact he's wrong but wanted to see what you guys think.
I know that Nathan must be dead, but if Peter survived the blast when Hiro went forward in time, why wouldn't he this time?

Myspace is gay.
Seriously, Myspace is gay.

TexasStorm Hybrid LPR CP Rail WGP On/Off Hybrid Clamping Feedneck Custom Pink-Dyed Bolt Freak HALO B PE 68/45

"Originally posted by WesC: what a waste of money, could of gone towards somethin useful, like a few abortion clinics"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2007, 12:08 AM #2
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA beginner division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Peter survived. He can't die right now. He has Claires ability.

Think in the future episode. He exploded in that one too, but all it left him with was that scar on his face. Hiro also referenced it in the first "future Hiro" when he said he didn't recognize Peter without the scar.

In both the "destruction of NY" future, and now Peter blows up. It's just that in this version Nathan took him away from NY so he didn't blow up the city... but he still blew up.

So... in short Peter is alive. It's guaranteed. He'll just be scarred like in the future.

**edit: I just noticed your Future Hiro comment. Sorry. I agree w/ ya.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:07 AM #3
chinqlinq

chinqlinq plays in the USPL
chinqlinq plays in the PSP
instead of peter flying off with his brother to blow up

why didnt he just get shot by the cheerleader.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 AM #4
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
If he got shot the Cheerleader would've had to leave the bullet in him because as soon as he came back he'd still probably explode when he revived if he couldn't control it.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 AM #5
vikingshadow
SCHWING!

vikingshadow is a Moderator
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports our troops
Question is, could he have survived the radiation blast AND the fall back to Earth? With Nathan dead, and I'm sure the blast knocked Peter out as well, he would fall very far, very fast. Obviously, he couldn't utilize Nathan's flying ability or he could have just flown away without ANYONE dying...but that's the nature of superhero shows - some people never die, and I don't think Peter will die either.

However, it could have been that he managed to use Nathan's power, then told Nathan to fly off and then flew higher on his own...so many twists and turns! Oh, btw, I don't think Sylar's gone either, for the record. Personally, I believe he's just been recruited into a new "evil" band of supervillains, who will battle the superheroes in the final episode of the show.

Man, I need to stop watching these type of shows, reading comic books and being a nerd....

I'm selling all my paintball stuff! Look here! My Baby! Phantom Pump
Old 06-19-2007, 10:45 AM #6
R8s

I'm curious who the new bad guy is that the little girl was too scared to see because he could look back at her... and makes Sylar look like an angel...

Bad Spellers of the World... Untie!!!

"Political Correctness" is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Killing for Northern BC
Old 06-19-2007, 12:01 PM #7
The Gvna
incon-****ing-spicuous

The Gvna supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Gvna donated to help Peyton Trent
The Gvna helped look for balloons
The Gvna is playing at Living Legends III
The Gvna supports our troops
The Gvna is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The Gvna is Legendary
If a bullet (or some object) being lodged in the back of the head could kill him, I think it is safe to say that him blowing up into little chunks would kill him also. With that said though, I doubt he is dead and I am sure they will have a good reason why he is not.
We'd rather make our children (We desire to communicate)
White Flag Warriors (You cannot do us harm)

Rare Sandanas & Other Gear- ALL OBO
Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 PM #8
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gvna View Post
If a bullet (or some object) being lodged in the back of the head could kill him, I think it is safe to say that him blowing up into little chunks would kill him also. With that said though, I doubt he is dead and I am sure they will have a good reason why he is not.
A bullet can't kill him, but apparently (same thing happened to claire) severing the brain stem from the body w/ an object stuck in it can temporarily make them appear dead.

1) Claire: When she was at the bonfire party and the dude made her fall and the object got stuck in her neck/spine. She appeared dead, but when it was removed by the ME she came back.

2) Peter: When Sylar shot the glass and it got lodged into Peter's neck/spine. He appeared dead until Claire removed it.

Peter can survive the blast... he already has in the alternate future. If you remember the future episode Peter admits that Sylar didn't explode... it was him. He was the exploding man, and it scarred him. So he survived the blast in the future already. Him pretty much exploding (enough to scar an indestructable healing man) is a lot more on the body than a bullet is.

It appears though that with Claire's power the brain needs to still be able to work with the body so when the spinal cord has an object blocking the transmissions the power is nul and void until that object is removed. So if she shot him in the spine or whatever and the bullet stayed Peter would be essentially dead until they removed it... if they removed it. That's why he wanted her to shoot him.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:52 PM #9
The Gvna
incon-****ing-spicuous

The Gvna supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Gvna donated to help Peyton Trent
The Gvna helped look for balloons
The Gvna is playing at Living Legends III
The Gvna supports our troops
The Gvna is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The Gvna is Legendary
Thats basically what I was getting at. In reality, if he could be "killed" by severing his brain stem, there would be a good possibility that when he explodes, something could happen to his brain stem, therefore rendering him "dead". But at the same time, we dont know exactly how he blows up. Maybe its just like a huge release of energy, not actually him exploding.
We'd rather make our children (We desire to communicate)
White Flag Warriors (You cannot do us harm)

Rare Sandanas & Other Gear- ALL OBO
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM #10
xicer
yeah, that idiot

or maybe he somehow explodes outward without suffering the majority of the ill effects himself (if that makes sense to ya)
-
mmm... Promaster... *drool
3rd Place in Inaugural ST Poker Tournament
(bow before me peasants)
!:^J
Old 06-19-2007, 07:15 PM #11
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gvna View Post
Thats basically what I was getting at. In reality, if he could be "killed" by severing his brain stem, there would be a good possibility that when he explodes, something could happen to his brain stem, therefore rendering him "dead". But at the same time, we dont know exactly how he blows up. Maybe its just like a huge release of energy, not actually him exploding.
Well he survived the first time he blew up in the alternate future... so whatever it is he'll live, but be scarred by it.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 AM #12
chinqlinq

chinqlinq plays in the USPL
chinqlinq plays in the PSP
wait didnt it show Sylars bloodtrail leading into the manhole in the last episide?

or did i miss something
Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 PM #13
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)

Peter can die.
Nathan could have easily flew up and dropped his brother off to explode alon while he flew away to safety.

Rule #1 in comic books: No on is dead without a body.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:27 PM #14
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

Peter is alive and so is Nathan. I'm a heroes addict and have a seperate forum I visit for it. Peter wouldn't have died for two reasons. His healing factor and the fact that his radiation ability doesn't hurt the user.

Nathan can fly faster than the speed of sound. He got away. Also the actor has already admitted that Nathan will be around next season, along with several spoiler sites.

Sylar is unfortunately alive. Don't get me wrong I love sylar but they better find a new and interesting direction to take his character this season or it will get old. Rumor has it the guy that was mentioned by the little girl has been keep tabs on Sylar so it should be interesting.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
Old 06-22-2007, 03:22 AM #15
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Some new Heroes info about next season

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33110
Quote:
“Heroes” will not air during May sweeps next year. It will conclude its second season in mid-April, series mastermind Tim Kring said at a Thursday-morning press conference in Hollywood.

The six-episode miniseries spinoff “Heroes: Origins” will air over six consecutive weeks in late April and May - after “Heroes” airs its second-season finale, explained Kring.

Kring also confirmed that “Origins” – which will be set in the "Heroes" universe and deal with a new superpowered individual every week - will be an anthology series, a rarity in modern broadcast network television.

Kring said scripting on "Origins" had not yet begun, and that he did not yet know which, if any, of the "Heroes" regulars would appear in the spinoff.

NBC last month ordered 24 second-season episodes of “Heroes.” Kring said the series would not air a new episode every week this season, but its breaks would be far shorter than the big break that split season one down the middle.

“Heroes” started shooting its second season two days ago, but Kring claimed the presence at the press conference of Santiago Cabrera (Isaac Mendez), Leonard Roberts (D.L. Hawkins), Zachary Quinto (Gabriel “Sylar” Grey), Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli), Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman) and Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli) did not mean any of their characters would necessarily survive into season two.

Grunberg did, however, let slip that he was already back at work on the show.

The Thursday press conference was designed to announce a series of late-summer promotional events being billed as “The Heroes World Tour.”

“The Heroes World Tour,” underwritten by Nissan (which also sponsored NBC’s original airing of the series’ pilot and provided a memorable piece of product placement in season one), will take members of the cast to at least seven cities in seven countries – Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Munich, Paris, London and New York – to promote the release of the series’ first season on DVD and HD-DVD. The week-long tour will kick off Aug. 28, the day the season-one sets hit shelves.

During the conference’s Q&A, Kring said Hiro Nakamura will remain in ancient Japan for “a handful of episodes.”

Not everyone has yet shot scenes for season two, but the actors who play the Petrelli brothers sported at the conference different looks than fans will remember from season one.

Ventimiglia’s hair is now extremely short, shorn of Peter’s trademark bangs, and Pasdar has grown a full beard. Hayden Panettiere, who plays cheerleader Claire Bennet, looks skinnier than she did last season.

Kring said every installment after episode nine on the season-one set will feature an audio commentary.

Not every cast member is expected to travel to every city on the whirlwind tour. Fans will be able to follow the tour’s progress via photos, videos and blogs linked to NBC.com.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:41 PM #16
AGGNASTIC
Lansdale

Hmm, is this series worth watching? I saw a bit of one episode and it was like eh...

NEW FEEDBACK

Rickrolld was gay.

"Originally posted by MVPaintballer:....but I get $0.50 extra for every person I ban during a shift."
"Originally posted by ClawHammer: Then you must live very well."
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 AM #17
lop
RAIDER HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGNASTIC View Post
Hmm, is this series worth watching? I saw a bit of one episode and it was like eh...
Uh, yeah its definitely worth watching. I was so into it watching every week and I'm usuaully not like that for TV shows. I actually can't wait for season 2.