Virgnity and sex in the Christian Religion - Page 4 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:27 PM #64
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IoNxRoCkEr View Post
Since you said I didn't arrange my arguement right in another thread, you spelled *** wrong,stupid.
That is the slang way of spelling it and is not allowed on this forum since it is vulgar and inappropriate. This is why it was filtered out when you wrote it. I'd edit that before you get a ban for bad language.

What I meant before was your inability to intelligently understand the argument against your belief and your failure to present yourself as a mature, intelligent individual. This is yet another example.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2007, 03:39 PM #65
KmasterLog
Industrial Revolution
 
KmasterLog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oconomowoc
Would that make a blowjob a contraceptive? lol
__________________
Meow Meow Meow

Want Some Kitty Stuff?!?

Does he look like a *****?
KmasterLog is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 03:53 PM #66
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KmasterLog View Post
Would that make a blowjob a contraceptive? lol
Lol yea I guess. Catholics believe ejaculation by oral is a waste of sperm.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 PM #67
plumba20 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
you still hold to virginity.............that's good
plumba20 is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 02:19 AM #68
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
It's been said before but warrants repetition: this thread f'in delivers.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 AM #69
Dylan RRPB1 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Well I would be except for the fact that he lives on the other side of the country and never gets in contact with me. He's a stranger to me now and it's because of his religion. He doesn't agree with my lifestyle and no longer cares about the choices I make. I tried for over two years to keep our relationship alive but it was always me making the phone calls or going to visit him. When I gave up and stopped calling, he never made the effort to hear from me again. I have received exactly 3 phone calls from him in about three years, all at Christmas, and all for the purpose of getting me to celebrate Christ's birth.

Oh yeah, I also got a card from his wife (who influences him greatly) telling me about the birthday of their daughter and asking when I was going to send presents. To think, she once told me she wasn't trying to steal my brother.
what a ****ing bastard, go to tell him to shove it all up his ***
Dylan RRPB1 is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 08:07 AM #70
Dylan RRPB1 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShox View Post
Ephesians 5:3

"But among you there must not be a hint of sexual immorality..."

Pretty plain and simple (if you're looking towards the bible for answers)
I don't know, reading this has made me think for a long time. To me this means sex is ok. But it has to be preference in the girl. Like you can't force to choke on your dick, or do anal. It has to be whatever she wants to do.
Dylan RRPB1 is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 09:32 AM #71
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB1 View Post
what a ****ing bastard, go to tell him to shove it all up his ***
Hey, its still his brother. Don't be so mean.
NicoleW is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 AM #72
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB1 View Post
I don't know, reading this has made me think for a long time. To me this means sex is ok. But it has to be preference in the girl. Like you can't force to choke on your dick, or do anal. It has to be whatever she wants to do.
So a girl then can't be sexually immoral since she gets to make the decisions what you can and can't do? I'm confused. Sexual immorality means just that...it is immorality dealing with sex and sexual things. Not all sex is immoral but some is. Some sex is ok, like you said, but then at other times it is not. Sexual immorality is referring to the times when it is not and as it says in other verses in the bible, all sex other than that which is in marriage, is sexual immorality. I'll just give you the bible verses so you can see what I am talking about and maybe it will help you better understand its meaning

Now remember, the phrase premarital sex does not appear in the Bible, because Scripture uses the term fornication instead.

1 Corinthians 6, where the apostle Paul says, "Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers . . . will inherit the kingdom of God. . . . The body is not meant for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. . . . Avoid immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the immoral person sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body" (1 Cor. 6:9–10, 13, 18–20).

In 1 Thessalonians 4, Paul says, "For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor. . . . For God has not called us for uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you" (1 Thess. 4:3–5, 7–8).

Eph. 5:3 "But fornication and all impurity . . . must not even be named among you, as is fitting among saints"

Then there is of course the commandment that says, "thou shall not commit adultery" and Jesus reminds us in Matthew that if one even looks at a woman lustfully, he has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Hope that helps
NicoleW is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 AM #73
#1 Avalanche Fan (Banned)
 
#1 Avalanche Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nor♥Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweaty_guy View Post
anal sex is sodomy.
and bestiality lol
#1 Avalanche Fan is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 10:51 AM #74
PB&S
Gerrard Wielder of Ego
 
PB&S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Not Where I want to be
Why worry? There are procedures for women to get their hymen reattached, so they can be a virgin for their husbands, and they will be none the wiser. It was really common while I was in the Middle East.
__________________
Signature

Original Feedback
PB&S is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 11:28 AM #75
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB&S View Post
Why worry? There are procedures for women to get their hymen reattached, so they can be a virgin for their husbands, and they will be none the wiser. It was really common while I was in the Middle East.
Yeah, but you cannot fool God, no matter how great the surgeon is.
NicoleW is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:30 PM #76
Kobun
GLADIO VIVERE
 
Kobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NWI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
So a girl then can't be sexually immoral since she gets to make the decisions what you can and can't do? I'm confused. Sexual immorality means just that...it is immorality dealing with sex and sexual things. Not all sex is immoral but some is. Some sex is ok, like you said, but then at other times it is not. Sexual immorality is referring to the times when it is not and as it says in other verses in the bible, all sex other than that which is in marriage, is sexual immorality. I'll just give you the bible verses so you can see what I am talking about and maybe it will help you better understand its meaning

Now remember, the phrase premarital sex does not appear in the Bible, because Scripture uses the term fornication instead.

1 Corinthians 6, where the apostle Paul says, "Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers . . . will inherit the kingdom of God. . . . The body is not meant for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. . . . Avoid immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the immoral person sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body" (1 Cor. 6:9–10, 13, 18–20).

In 1 Thessalonians 4, Paul says, "For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor. . . . For God has not called us for uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you" (1 Thess. 4:3–5, 7–8).

Eph. 5:3 "But fornication and all impurity . . . must not even be named among you, as is fitting among saints"

Then there is of course the commandment that says, "thou shall not commit adultery" and Jesus reminds us in Matthew that if one even looks at a woman lustfully, he has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Hope that helps
Thank you Nicole, great post-finally, a Biblical response to the question. As a Chistian, one cannot agrue with the scriptures. God's statutes are given to us not to control us, or imprison us, but to guide us to be who we should be for Him. That will lead to loving, lasting relationships with all those around us, which is one of our higher purposes in life. If we give our lives to the Lord, are guided by the Spirit of God, and follow His will and purpose in our lives, then we can trully be set free from the bondage of sin and this world. We will know what is right and wrong, the differing views and opinions of man will not matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
Yeah, but you cannot fool God, no matter how great the surgeon is.
Amen to that.
__________________

ARS SINE SCIENTIA NIHIL EST
SHIKEN HARAMITSU DAI-KO-MYO
Philippians 4:4-8
Psalm 144:1
Leviticus 26:7
ECOSOV
Kobun is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM #77
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan RRPB1 View Post
what a ****ing bastard, go to tell him to shove it all up his ***
I'm not going to reports this. Instead I'll put it to you this way: if you told me that face to face, I'd flatten you. He's my blood and you don't have the right. Just watch what you say.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 04:35 PM #78
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobun View Post
Thank you Nicole, great post-finally, a Biblical response to the question...
Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate them. I usually don't get any back-up on the things I say.

Btw, I love your avatar
NicoleW is offline  
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 PM #79
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
The moral of the story here is live and let live as long as no one's actions are harming others. One approach to sexuality might work for a certain person, and it may not work for another. Abstinence might strenghten one couple's relationship and weaken another's. There is no one right way for everyone to follow. I say again, different strokes for different folks.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 AM #80
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
The moral of the story here is live and let live as long as no one's actions are harming others. One approach to sexuality might work for a certain person, and it may not work for another. Abstinence might strenghten one couple's relationship and weaken another's. There is no one right way for everyone to follow. I say again, different strokes for different folks.
I happen to disagree. Let me tell you why but first let me say, I am not trying to criticize you or change your way of thinking. Don't take this personally because it isn't. I am just stating what I think about it.

I think that we are all made in the image and likeness of God. That although we may have different personalities, tastes, preferences, abilities, ectera... that we are all the same in the fact that we are human beings created by the Creator. That God put certain "rules" in place not to restrict us, but to show us the way to true happiness. When God tells us not to have sex except within the confines of marriage, its not just because it will make some happy and others miserable, its because it is something that will bring us ALL the greatest amount of freedom, joy and peace.

So then, why do I care about what you do if its not hurting me? Because although it may not be right now or you may not even see the effects til years later, I believe you are hurting yourself and possibly the woman you love in the process. Why won't I just say, your good, I'm good, we're all good and one thing is not better than the rest, because that is moral relativism, something I do not ascribe to. Why don't I believe in that? Well, because I love humanity. I love you. I want you to be happy and fulfilled and I know that a relativistic view of right and wrong is not it.

Now again, we have had discussions about this before, you and I, and I know you came off a bit defensive, but please don't. I don't think you are a bad person nor do I think you are some evil sinner. I don't, I don't, I don't!!! I am not judging you. You may really think you are doing the right thing. I am sure your intentions are not necessarily impure. So please try not to get angry. I do what I do out of love. I do it because I know how you feel because I felt the exact, THE EXACT, same way. So many of us have. I know you may not think so but abstinence until marriage works for everyone!!! I'm not saying its easy because its not but if you do end up marrying your gf, you both will be all the more happier for it. And if you don't end of marrying her and someone else, how happy will your wife be that you starting saving yourself for her.

I know you think differently about this and I would love to hear your thoughts. I know I was once in your situation before but now I'm an old married had so I can sometimes forget all the thoughts and feelings when you are in the situation yourself. Again, please don't take all of this the wrong way. I just want to talk about it, thats all. I hope we can do that
NicoleW is offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 AM #81
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Here's the deal. Plenty of people go through life without abstinence and without following religious sexual morality. Many go through a tough time because of it. Many are absolutely fine and live happy lives with their loved ones. The data does not support the idea that there is one set way of living for every single person.

The mentalit that there is gets people alienated from their family and friends. For example, if Derr's brother was more accepting of Derr's right to live his life according to what is right for him personally, then they would still have a great relationship. The idea that one person's way is right and everyone else is wrong destroys relationships.

There is not one way of living that makes everyone happy. I absolutely hate tomatos, but someone else may love them. I can maturely express my love for my gf through sexuality without either of us getting emotionally hurt. Someone else might not be able to do that. Do you agree that some people can handle it emotionally and others cannot?
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 10:44 AM #82
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
...The data does not support the idea that there is one set way of living for every single person.

Well, the data does support something. Here, look at these stats:

*Among those who have already lost their virginity, two-thirds of them wished they had waited longer to have sex (77 percent of girls and 60 percent of guys). National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, "America's Adults and Teens Sound Off About Teen Pregnancy: An Annual National Survey (December 16, 2003), 17.


*When a guy is married as a virgin, his divorce rate is 63 percent lower than a non-virgin. For girls, it's 76 percent lower. Edward O. Laumann, et al., The Social Organization of Sexuality: Sexual Practices in the United States (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1994), 503.


*The younger a girl is when she becomes sexually active, the more likely she is to experience multiple sexual partners, STDs, out of wedlock pregnancies, depression, abortion, and poverty. Heritage Foundation, "The Harmful Effects of Early Sexual Activity and Multiple Sexual Partners Among Women: A Book of Charts."


The idea that one person's way is right and everyone else is wrong destroys relationships.

Its not one person's way. It's not my way. I didn't come up with this stuff and I take absolutely no credit for it. It is the Creator's way. It is God's way, something that can be applied to all of His creation.

I can maturely express my love for my gf through sexuality without either of us getting emotionally hurt.

How do you know this? Neither you nor I can know the future, no matter how intense your feelings or hopes may be with regard to your gf. For example, I was madly in love w/ my boyfriend when I was in high school, and he was all that I could ever imagine or dream of being w/. Because I had never experienced such intense emotions and attractions before, I confused infatuation with destiny. But God did not have him in mind for me. He had all kinds of friendships, relationships, and experiences he wanted to lead me though before introducing me to my husband. The guy I dated for 5 1/2 years didn't turn out to be my husband. Our relationship didn't last forever and both of us became emotionally hurt because of it. How do you know that if you guys break up, you won't get hurt because of the intimate and physical attachment you have made?

Do you agree that some people can handle it emotionally and others cannot?
Do you mean sex outside of marriage?

Anyways, thanks for your response. You didn't take it personally and remained very mature about the whole thing. I know its hard when you may feel like I am attacking you but I appreciate it. I like to talk to you about these things

Last edited by NicoleW : 06-27-2007 at 10:47 AM.
NicoleW is offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 11:21 AM #83
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Yes that's what I meant, sex outside of marriage. And about those numbers, what about the other 30-40%? Apparently they turned out fine. That's quite a lot of people.

So, do you agree that many people can maintain a healthy and succesful relationship even if they have sex before marriage? Your numbers seem to show that it is in fact possible.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old 06-27-2007, 11:45 AM #84
NicoleW
 
 
NicoleW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Yes that's what I meant, sex outside of marriage. And about those numbers, what about the other 30-40%? Apparently they turned out fine. That's quite a lot of people.

Well, they are still married. Who knows if they have some problems within their marriage because of past baggage. But looking at those numbers, wouldn't you want to give your marriage the best chance possible? I would do anything I could to make sure it was successful. I mean, who wants to go through a divorce, ya know.

So, do you agree that many people can maintain a healthy and succesful relationship even if they have sex before marriage? Your numbers seem to show that it is in fact possible.
I agree that sex before marriage does not always equal future divorces, yes. What I don't agree with is that you can have sex before marriage with absolutely no harmful consequences to your future relationships. I can tell you more about this but it is a little personal. I know there are alot of young people on here and although my life is an open book, I wouldn't want to scandalize them. Do you want me to pm you?
NicoleW is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump