Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2010, 11:50 PM #736
zXRiotXz

i wanna see a test about the freaking techT Ifit...
zXRiotXz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:01 AM #737
thedjap1 (Banned)
Im Faster& Stronger

thedjap1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by zXRiotXz
i wanna see a test about the freaking techT Ifit...
Check YouTube. And from my experience I love theifit kit and have one for sale! Pm me
thedjap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 PM #738
PuertoRock
I'm Sexy And I Know It!!!

PuertoRock plays in the PSP
PuertoRock donated to help Peyton Trent
PuertoRock helped look for balloons
So at the end the only real benefit from matching paint to bore is simply your barrels ability to clean itself after breKing paint, accuracy of anything else is pretty much even accros the board.
PuertoRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:08 PM #739
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is playing at Living Legends V
YeloSno is playing at Living Legends VI
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is attending Decay of Nations VI
lol. just bought a DW 12" with SS freak inserts. i feel lucky

apparently it got the 2nf most hits out of all of them.

he needs to test out the new ccm barrels. I have one of those as well lol.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:32 PM #740
msavard

msavard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hrmm... EGO 7 on the way has a Dye UL barrel which, according to this, is:

UltraLight 12", 14", 16", 18" .690 - .692
UltraLight 2-Piece 12", 14", 16", 18" .690 - .692

I had picked up a case of Diablo Heat (.693) on the cheap ($39).

Is this going to be problem? The stock ego 7 barrel is apparently .693. Will I need to use it?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 AM #741
Mann

diablo heat is no longer .693 you will need a smaller barrel.

My pm box is full again ?!? THEN EMAIL ME.
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 AM #742
msavard

msavard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
diablo heat is no longer .693 you will need a smaller barrel.
Awesome thanks! Do you have a link to an updated Heat sizing (or happen to know what it is?) I'll be shooting a variety of paint through it but mostly reballs (not buying a special barrel for them as it's just for practice), Heat (Laid back play), and Evil (more serious games).

EDIT: SpecOps Paintball had a test that measured it out at .684 in 2008. Is this where they're at still? If so then an ideal barrel size is +.002 to +.004 (or .686 to .688) correct?

Thanks

Last edited by msavard : 03-04-2011 at 09:01 AM.
msavard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:19 PM #743
m_specs

a list of paintball sizes for each brand would be great!
m_specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 PM #744
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Here is the new list:

--everything is small now.

Etek 3LT grey/black f/s
Valken Proton greyish/black f/s
68 4500 PE stubby, LP output f/s
68 4500 AIR tank(no reg) f/s
Creed/demon eyes f/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:00 AM #745
boostaddict20

ok, im usually on the nation just for research pruposes, but i just read through like half of your thread and ive yet to see anything about the disruptive paintballs barrel kit. i cant find this illusive damn TI longbow kit anywhere, so i kept lookin and i ended up findin this one instead. im impressed with the barrel so far. i had a freak ss insert setup before, and its been settin in my closet since i got this barrel. have you seen or heard of this barrel yet??? im surprised no one has said anything yet.
boostaddict20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM #746
jimbo69ny

OMG I finally finished the thread!

Unfortunately I cant find a Longbow anywhere. There are Freak systems all over the place but no Longbow's.

Anyone have one with Cocker threads they want to sell?
jimbo69ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:16 PM #747
CoCoB_Ware
It only takes one...

CoCoB_Ware is playing at Living Legends III
CoCoB_Ware supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo69ny View Post
OMG I finally finished the thread!

Unfortunately I cant find a Longbow anywhere. There are Freak systems all over the place but no Longbow's.

Anyone have one with Cocker threads they want to sell?
If only you had posted this like a year or so ago. I know that I traded mine to this guy: http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=358552

Might want to see if he still has it, and if he wants to sell it.
CoCoB_Ware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:47 PM #748
jnelson214
Baller since way back!

wow I think my head will explode after reading all this
jnelson214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:46 PM #749
miarod

Pm
miarod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:54 PM #750
jtran69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
I have not used Ifit. I did get a dw barrel, and have a set of stainless as well as (custom)brass inserts for it (I have not played with it in quite a while tho). I believe that the ifit uses a 1" control bore iirc. Every barrel that we tested that did not have at least a 4" control bore did not preform well. Because of that I am not going to invest in any "new" barrel with less than 4" of control bore.
I'm curious on how people can measure the 4" of control bore since the barrel maker do not spec its barrel in term of inches of control bore?
jtran69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 PM #751
Joey570
Joey Bones

Fro some odd reason I thought of Fallout 3 during all of the tests and everything lol but thank you for contributing to the paintball community.

ION 09 (WON), Battle for Britian 09 (lost), ION 10 (lost), Millionthman Game (lost), Stalingrad 2011 (WIN), ION 11 (lost), Battle of Berlin 2011 (WIN), Stalingrad 12 (WIN), ION 12 (lost), Zombies Invade Berlin (WIN)
Joey570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:31 PM #752
zraven7

Ok, I'm relatively new to the forum, and this is my first time seeing this, or anything like this. This is amazing. You have, as a personally funded project, done something that writers for Guns & Ammo would be proud of, let alone the paintball world. I am honestly floored by the amount of work you put into this, and the degree of accuracy in your results. Thank you for this. Not only have you set up a system by which the average accuracy and performance of a barrel can be tested, but you have afforded this topic the kind of scientific attention it requires. Hopefully, in the future, when some one gets into an argument over what paintball product performs better, someone will point out your procedure, and encourage them to do something similar.

I wish I had something to give you besides kind writings (like a sponsorship to do this with all paintball products). Alas, I am rich in words, yet poor in most other respects. You are one heck of an engineer, though. Thanks again.
zraven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 PM #753
PsychoBaller
p8ntd daWrld & thensum

has been a member for 10 years
PsychoBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Arrow

The Planet Eclipse Shaft 4 Barrel utilizes similar technology to the old Titanium LongBow and Powerlyte Scepter '00 Barrels (the 2 highest recommended barrels in Mann's original testing), in how the fronts thread over the backs.

I've owned both the TI Longbow and the '00 Scepter, out of countless other kits, and still consider them 2 of the best barrels ever. Neither are readily available anymore, but no need, as the Shaft 4 Barrel + Boost Kit is one of, if not the best currently on the market. I highly recommend picking 'em up,
Old 06-11-2012, 09:19 PM #754
vihkr

Funny thing is, no-one ever collated Mann's results into an easy to read chart. Consequently, there are dozens of pages in this thread, some of them with the same opinions he was trying to dispel, spanning several years. So I did just that.

I took every results image he had uploaded for each barrel vs. paintball type and measured the group sizes twice, using 2 methods (one was circle radius in Photoshop to scale), just to make sure it (I?) was sane. Then I entered them in a chart and plotted it.

How to read this chart: this chart shows group diameters in inches of 25 shots at 70 feet by paintball brand by barrel, plus the mean (average) and standard deviation to a confidence interval of 90% (roughly). In layman's terms: under the conditions of his test (which I will not repeat here), each barrel he tested is expected to put 90% of its shots into a group size (diameter) indicated by the upper and lower black bars, with around 50% of the shots falling into area indicated by the blue bar in the centre. This assumes you are using the same brands of paint he used. How those brands performed, on average, is indicated by the corresponding coloured bubbles. The blue bar is the best indicator for the precision of a barrel, lower is better, and they are ranked by that average. The taller the black bar, the less consistent a particular barrel is. The shorter the bar, the more consistent a barrel is (wider spread vs. tighter spread). Statistically, if you are using any decent paint, that's not dimpled or crushed, you should get similar results. 10% of your shots should be outside the diameter described (the proverbial flyers). I did not include the results he posted for shooting through barrel breaks, near the beginning of his posts.

Conclusions: TI Longbow wins for precision, on average, followed by Evil Pipe. The most precise barrel/paint combo should be PPS Brass Dual Ported shooting XBall. Least precise is Dye Boomstick shooting Marbalizer. The most consistent barrel is the Sly Dual Carbon, which should shoot almost anything into a 14" group @ 70ft., followed by the Smart Parts Freak and Hammerhead (rifled barrel fans rejoice!). Least consistent is the Boomstick again (sorry Dye), followed by the Kaner. Guess which barrels I own?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 AM #755
LeftHook
I hate having $$

LeftHook donated to help Peyton Trent
LeftHook is for the Gunfight
^^where the heck is the "like" button??!

Nice work buddy.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:43 PM #756
jimsta
NTMD8

jimsta owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jimsta supports Empire
Wow ^^^ Thank you Vihkr you made this thread and that image and explanation SO MUCH EASIER to understand and read. Thank you for dummy proofing this thread.

Gearbag sale
jimsta is offline   Reply With Quote