PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-24-2007, 06:29 PM #232
chimes
Romans 10:13

chimes is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I've been using a Ti Longbow kit since their release and really like them. I purchased my first barrel, .684 back, first and then purchased a 2-piece kit for the .687 and .690 backs. Unfortunately, they changed the milling on the backs inbetween my purchase points so my backs don't match (not that it matters.) They do take a backseat to my Stiffi though due to weight. I'm trying to be quick also and not just accurate so the lighter the better. My 1-piece Stiffi in .693 shoots through breaks well enough and cleans itself well also so that's what I use, but I may have to pull out the ol' Longbows again. Good work anyway.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2007, 06:50 PM #233
hyogen
HYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I am underboring a little too much with the .685 longbow...

Perhaps I need to buy the .687. .681 will probably never get any use.

I'd like to powder coat the whole barrel white...and powdercoat my DM4 white as well.. I probably can't do it on the stainless steel part right? I could do the black aluminum tip though....what do you guys think?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:05 PM #234
cyrus-the-virus90
Yes you like mr bunny

cyrus-the-virus90 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyogen View Post
I think I am underboring a little too much with the .685 longbow...

Perhaps I need to buy the .687. .681 will probably never get any use.

I'd like to powder coat the whole barrel white...and powdercoat my DM4 white as well.. I probably can't do it on the stainless steel part right? I could do the black aluminum tip though....what do you guys think?
you can powder coat the steel section. you just can't anodize it.
cyrus-the-virus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:22 AM #235
Pballer805
I Am A BAANANAAA!

Hey guys, Ive posted a few times and have been denied any recognition so far... Anyways Mann, I posted about your findings on the RecSport paint and Un1tec barrel... heres what I posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer805
Hrmm... I was looking at the accuracy test graphs and noticed that the Un1tec has a graph with the .693 and Recsport paint that has (what I consider to be) a fairly good grouping. However, I scrolled down the page to find a more impressive grouping of the UL with .684 and Recsport... I know that Lucky has both .685 and .689 sized barrels and find it hard to believe (not questioning you, just curious) that the .693 bore could fire a .689 ball more accurately. Am I reading this information horribly wrong, or is this just some fluke(sp?)??
Well I went ahead and got some RecSport and just did a little bore-sizing myself. With my .693 Un1tec the paintballs took a mild/fair puff to shoot out... I think this is interesting, esp. the fact that your graphs show a .684 bore barrel shoot the paint well... it just seems that the paint wouldnt fit in that small of a bore... any ideas??

Last edited by Pballer805 : 07-26-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Pballer805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 PM #236
MobCounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
It will be a few more days before any more results get done. We now have 4 sick puppies. I believe the vet said it was Parvo. Which is sorta like mono/the flu for people..
Damn brother, I hope your situation works out. Parvo is devistating for any dog that has not had shots for it. Unfortunately, I do not know many that have survived it. Parvo will also infect dirt or other porous surfaces for many many months after it is introduced. Don't add another dog until you are confident that the parvo is dead.
MobCounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 PM #237
Gibbsinator
Ego5/Ion/Spyder

Gibbsinator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer805 View Post
Hey guys, Ive posted a few times and have been denied any recognition so far... Anyways Mann, I posted about your findings on the RecSport paint and Un1tec barrel... heres what I posted:

Well I went ahead and got some RecSport and just did a little bore-sizing myself. With my .693 Un1tec the paintballs took a mild/fair puff to shoot out... I think this is interesting, esp. the fact that your graphs show a .684 bore barrel shoot the paint well... it just seems that the paint wouldnt fit in that small of a bore... any ideas??
Just a few, since the paintball is going so fast, it just resizes accordingly, jsut a theory, not claiming anything, it would be nice to experiment with though. I used my .686 Pipe with Cryptic paint, advertised as .689 and had no problems, shot well, as well as using my .686 with pretty much any paint.
-Spyder Classic-
Gibbsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:50 PM #238
Mann

Pballer805:

I/we are not tring to ignore your questions. We are just busy on this side with real life. You will notice that nearly none of the barrel kits shot the same with the same bore and same paint. There are a few variables that we have to take into consideration. First off is the UL really 684? Is the Untec really 93? We remeasured all of the barrels, and will get data up later, but IIRC they are not exactly what they are "suposto be".

Another point to take into consideration is that the targets posted are "the best of the best" for that barrel. Some of the sizes were very similar. IE the 688 barrel and 684 barrel would be very close. Overall overboring and underboring did decrease accuracy, but there is a buffer zone with a case of paint. Espically on barrels that are "very smooth" and dont break paint with underboring.

Another point to take into consideration is that some barrels would break balls if they went into the 685(small) bore. IE the barrel is not honed/machined as well as others so we could only get results with larger bores.

I really wish I could have all the info posted, but again it is ALOT of data, and I am only 1 person. Hopefully when we are done (If we are ever done) it will be alot more understanding/ easy to sift through.

My pm box is full again ?!? THEN EMAIL ME.
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:05 PM #239
Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobCounty View Post
Damn brother, I hope your situation works out. Parvo is devistating for any dog that has not had shots for it. Unfortunately, I do not know many that have survived it. Parvo will also infect dirt or other porous surfaces for many many months after it is introduced. Don't add another dog until you are confident that the parvo is dead.
That is what I have read. The odd thing is that we had a puppy test "very strong" for parvo one morning, and we immeaditely went to pick her up (2hr away), and rushed him to our vet. She then tested negative. Later that night she tested slightly positive. We picked the puppy up the next day, and she has been perfect ever since.

One of the puppies that traveled 1200 miles to its new home did the exact same thing. It was almost a 24hr hiccup. We are keeping a close eye on all of them, but they seem to be doing fine. All of them are eating and drinking. All of them are up to date on all of their shots.

We have had 6 vets see various puppies now, and all of them are shocked at what is happening. They have the symptoms, and they test positive, but 24hr later they are fine.

The problem now is that they are crossing the creek/river (~25 ft wide/ 2ft deep) and getting into the yard from the pasture. We are tring to finish fencing off another 11acres, but that takes time. Paintball time.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:16 AM #240
Pballer805
I Am A BAANANAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbsinator View Post
Just a few, since the paintball is going so fast, it just resizes accordingly, jsut a theory, not claiming anything, it would be nice to experiment with though. I used my .686 Pipe with Cryptic paint, advertised as .689 and had no problems, shot well, as well as using my .686 with pretty much any paint.
I just got a case of Zap Cryptic to try... 35 bucks and its amazing!! Doesnt match my bore at all though, so those with bores <.693 check it out!!
Quote:
Pballer805:
I/we are not tring to ignore your questions. We are just busy on this side with real life. You will notice that nearly none of the barrel kits shot the same with the same bore and same paint. There are a few variables that we have to take into consideration. First off is the UL really 684? Is the Untec really 93? We remeasured all of the barrels, and will get data up later, but IIRC they are not exactly what they are "suposto be".

Another point to take into consideration is that the targets posted are "the best of the best" for that barrel. Some of the sizes were very similar. IE the 688 barrel and 684 barrel would be very close. Overall overboring and underboring did decrease accuracy, but there is a buffer zone with a case of paint. Espically on barrels that are "very smooth" and dont break paint with underboring.

Another point to take into consideration is that some barrels would break balls if they went into the 685(small) bore. IE the barrel is not honed/machined as well as others so we could only get results with larger bores.

I really wish I could have all the info posted, but again it is ALOT of data, and I am only 1 person. Hopefully when we are done (If we are ever done) it will be alot more understanding/ easy to sift through.
Yeah, I realize its getting pretty hectic on your end, its just I would post and it would get lost in the mass of other posts... I never meant to say that you were deliberately ignoring me... I never thought to question the bore size of the barrels... Well, regardless, I bought some Recsport and shot it today and it was excellent, some of the best paint Ive shot as far as accuracy is concerned, I do still have to see how well it breaks on other people though... just an FYI, although Nelsplat is a dollar more than Recsport, it has much larger seems... its not horribly inaccurate, but worse than Recsport
Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 AM #241
chimes

I think, then, we really need a "paint-off" paint comparison. Anything and everything through the same gun with the same barrel for consistency purposes. What's the best, with price in mind?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:51 AM #242
der51106
does it really matter.

i jokingly mentioned that earlier. people laughed at me.
"Originally posted by BXLNT: theives of other players guns can die in a hole sumwhere.... its just not cool. not every pball player is a spoiled rich kid. sum of us work hard for our expensive guns. enough said by me"
der51106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:03 AM #243
chimes

Maybe, the more we mention it, the more it'll get into the "right person's" head.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 PM #244
Pballer805
I Am A BAANANAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimes View Post
I think, then, we really need a "paint-off" paint comparison. Anything and everything through the same gun with the same barrel for consistency purposes. What's the best, with price in mind?
If Im not mistaken, Mann has done that already... except he used 30+ barrels as well....
Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 PM #245
Gibbsinator
Ego5/Ion/Spyder

Gibbsinator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimes View Post
If you get a bad run of paint it will be of bad quality, you can't alwaya get the same performance out of paint, plus it could have sat in a certain warehouse for so long that you have NO idea how old it is.

What I WOULD like to see, is a test with about 5 barrels, a few different paints, and a bunch of different markers that are all regulated. i would like to see the diffrence in a high end marker, and low end marker, the difference in an open bolt marker, and closed bolt marker, poppet, spool, blowback, blowforward, etc. etc.
-Spyder Classic-
Gibbsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:20 PM #246
Death Phoenix
Then who was phone?

I cant wait till the pepper sticks accuracy test comes.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:32 AM #247
Mann

Looks like I just hit another bump in the road. My transmission went out yesterday. I will have to work some major hrs this week to pay for the repairs. I doubt that there will be much data posted for a while.

Lets recap.
car 1- bad engine
car 2- bad plugs and wires/ then bad transmission
car 3- Blown head gasket

I think I will start riding a bike if I dont have better luck next year with vehicles.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:43 AM #248
Heimdall (Banned)

Jesus, this is on your Camry? What year is it? They're usually a very reliable car.

If all else fails, go sell it and buy a Subaru Impreza with the mighty 2.2l motor. Mine has 259k miles and still has yet to have a single non-wear part put into it.
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:50 AM #249
Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
Jesus, this is on your Camry? What year is it? They're usually a very reliable car.

If all else fails, go sell it and buy a Subaru Impreza with the mighty 2.2l motor. Mine has 259k miles and still has yet to have a single non-wear part put into it.
Its a 2002. It has 168k.
I am defiently looking to replace one of the cars tho. I dont really want to fix my blazer being as old as it is.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:57 AM #250
Heimdall (Banned)

Quote:
Its a 2002. It has 168k.
I am defiently looking to replace one of the cars tho. I dont really want to fix my blazer being as old as it is.
The Japanese don't build them like they used to. I think it's because Americans are obsessed with power and the car companies love to oblige, making things like economy, good chassis, light weight and reliability go out the window.

I'd definatley look at Subarus from 1995-2001. The 2.2l motor they put in them is unstoppable (Although the 2.5 loves to eat headgaskets) and I'm currently on my second one over 250K with no problems. When it goes, I'm just going to get another one.
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:39 AM #251
ikey

jesus....a 2002 with 168 K? jesus did you put that many miles on that? i didnt even know that was possible in that short of time
Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 PM #252
brycelarson

When my camry dropped it's transmission a few weeks back it had 183000.

seems pretty reasonable to me.