damn.... oh well
cyrus-the-virus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2007, 11:08 PM #212
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Doesnt look like you have any Lapco 1 piece barrels up.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:29 AM #213
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
Doesnt look like you have any Lapco 1 piece barrels up.
well i offered 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pump View Post
I have a Lapco Autospirit I'm willing to send to you, barely used, but i don't think its that good of a barrel, the Laminar flow chamber to muzzle break is off center, maybe i can coheres my other friend to loan you his as well, to check both.....
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:17 AM #214
opiejophes

Mann already has alot of **** on his plate, cut the man, or mann, some slack. i think he said after he gets all the results from all these barrels posted and done and everything, he might do another mini test.
opiejophes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:30 PM #215
Mann

pump I will defiently take you up on your offer later. I didnt want you to send it to me now because it could be 1 week or 1 year before we test again. If you dont need it back for at least a year send it to me. Otherwise watch this thread, and I will post if/when we do more testing.

I just picked up a DW whisper/fibur. I am going to play with it this weekend to see if I want to keep it/test it. If not it will go on one of my DW bodied mags, and act as a picture on the wall o markers.

It will be a few more days before any more results get done. We now have 4 sick puppies. I believe the vet said it was Parvo. Which is sorta like mono/the flu for people. Unfortuently the puppy that was sent to CO has it also. Its a long screwed up story, but basicly we dont know what is going to happen to any of them. All I do know is the vet bill is/will kill my paintball collection, but hey its only money right. They are in my "paintball room" therefore I have no room to work/finish data. Hopefully by next weekend they will be well enough to go back to the farm, and quit crapping in my house. Who would have ever guessed that puppies could be this hard. Guess I am never having children.

My pm box is full again ?!? THEN EMAIL ME.
Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:29 PM #216
poopman9201
Vicious

poopman9201 helped look for balloons
poopman9201 supports Team VICIOUS
I feel sorry for mann, he has just about the worst luck of anyone I know...

Anyways take your time, your a god to this forum.
poopman9201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM #217
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
then ill send it now....hahahahaha, i never use it, but ill wait for organizational purposes
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:31 PM #218
Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopman9201 View Post
I feel sorry for mann, he has just about the worst luck of anyone I know....
It has defiently been an intersting year thus far. Wouldnt trade it for the world tho.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:53 PM #219
sniper97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
pump I will defiently take you up on your offer later. I didnt want you to send it to me now because it could be 1 week or 1 year before we test again. If you dont need it back for at least a year send it to me. Otherwise watch this thread, and I will post if/when we do more testing.

I just picked up a DW whisper/fibur. I am going to play with it this weekend to see if I want to keep it/test it. If not it will go on one of my DW bodied mags, and act as a picture on the wall o markers.

It will be a few more days before any more results get done. We now have 4 sick puppies. I believe the vet said it was Parvo. Which is sorta like mono/the flu for people. Unfortuently the puppy that was sent to CO has it also. Its a long screwed up story, but basicly we dont know what is going to happen to any of them. All I do know is the vet bill is/will kill my paintball collection, but hey its only money right. They are in my "paintball room" therefore I have no room to work/finish data. Hopefully by next weekend they will be well enough to go back to the farm, and quit crapping in my house. Who would have ever guessed that puppies could be this hard. Guess I am never having children.

Sorry to hear about the dogs! Hopefully they get better! At least kids wear diapers! Don't worry about the barrel test!

BTW, I am excited to see the results of the DeadlyWhisper! When you get time to finish the tests!

If you want to scan in your raw data and email it to me, I can enter it into spreadsheets for you and send it back.

Take Care!
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 PM #220
Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
If you want to scan in your raw data and email it to me, I can enter it into spreadsheets for you and send it back.
Believe me If I had a 36" scanner I would love to. Untill then it has to be done the old fasion way. Thanks tho.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:21 AM #221
hyogen
HYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mann is it true that if te scepter inserts are powder coated colored instead of annodized they are the 2000 kit and not the 2004 or 2007 kit? thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 06:08 AM #222
Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyogen View Post
mann is it true that if te scepter inserts are powder coated colored instead of annodized they are the 2000 kit and not the 2004 or 2007 kit? thanks
look at the design of them. not the color. read pg 1 and i show the diff

Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 PM #223
ikey

mann any more actual data?

and i have a question. are you actually going to rate the barrels? like anounce X barrel as the best barrel and V as the worst? cause its really hard to consolidate all the data in my head and consider best self cleaning, best noise, best accuracy and everything else you test for 40 barrels and come up with a best.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:45 PM #224
Mann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey View Post
mann any more actual data?

and i have a question. are you actually going to rate the barrels? like anounce X barrel as the best barrel and V as the worst? cause its really hard to consolidate all the data in my head and consider best self cleaning, best noise, best accuracy and everything else you test for 40 barrels and come up with a best.
sorry not yet. Good news is that I just took the puppies back to the farm so I have my paintball room back. Hopefully I will get started back up monday. Gonna go play paintball tomorrow (first time in ~ 4-5 weeks i guess).

As far as ranking. I am not going to say "This barrel is the best". I will state what barrel I use. There are alot of factors that will be different for other players. Probally the largest factor is price. I dont care to spend 150-300 bucks on a barrel (after all my marker is probally 6 times that), but others are looking to only spend 50 bucks. I dont care at all about sound because I am 200lbs, and you can proballly hear me running thru the woods like a tank. Other options like weight dont bother me. Heck I still bust out the steel tank from time to time (mostly when I want to give others an advantage, and play pump)

Basicly what I am saying is that my best may not be your best. My best is based purly on accuracy/accuracy after a break, and not what color options are availible.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:38 PM #225
Ethan211
Whys is we paintin balls?

Quote:
are you actually going to rate the barrels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mann View Post
my best may not be your best.
I think that about sums up why Mann making making a recommendation about which barrel he thinks you should buy would actually be kind of counter to the spirit of all his work, and this is why everything will need to be compiled in a spreadsheet so you can look at the data that's most important to you.

I'm kinda envisioning a grading system for measured categories [like A,B,C,D for different levels of accuracy, weight, sound, etc.] with adjustable definitions of what constitutes a particular grade for any given category, so [for example] you could search for all the barrels that get an 'A' in accuracy, then find the quietest one at that level. Really, it wouldn't be all that tough with a couple of fairly basic Excel formulas; Excel is one of those things that becomes even more amazing the more you learn about it, and I don't even know all that many of it's functions, but I'd definitely be down for taking a crack at organizing the data once it's all available.
No Trigger Spring, Polished Internals
12" 2005 Powerlyte Scepter Kit
PBNation Feedback SpecOps Feedback
Ethan211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:58 PM #226
ikey

ok let me rephrase. are you going to prive a best ranking per catagory? like X is best accuracy, V is best in quietness, etc etc
Old 07-21-2007, 08:17 PM #227
Ethan211
Whys is we paintin balls?

Don't worry, when the data's available, you'll be able to sort it however you like shortly thereafter.
No Trigger Spring, Polished Internals
12" 2005 Powerlyte Scepter Kit
PBNation Feedback SpecOps Feedback
Ethan211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:47 PM #228
Pballer805
I Am A BAANANAAA!

Quote:
ok let me rephrase. are you going to prive a best ranking per catagory? like X is best accuracy, V is best in quietness, etc etc
I think the problem with rating barrels on accuracy is that most of it has to do with a good paint to bore match... So I think the rating would end up being something like, "Barrel 'A' shoots paint 'X' more accurately than barrel 'B' shoots paint 'X'; But barrel 'B' shoots paint 'Y' more accurately than barrel 'A' shoots paint 'Y'"

What I did was find the barrel I was interested in buying, happened to be the Un1tec, and looked to see how it shot with each paint. Being cheap, I was happy to see that it fired RecSport paintballs fairly well.... Thats basically it. Manns gone through enough trouble gathering this data, and I dont think he needs to be the one to explain it all (especially since most of the info is in graph form)...
Pballer805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:39 AM #229
QuakerOats

How do you tell the diffrence between the 2000-2004-2007 Scepter,
QuakerOats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:04 AM #230
depraved
ack yer asy bai vawl yoom

the inserts. they also changed the porting a little
depraved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:27 AM #231
hyogen
HYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My review of the longbow .685 barrel and .690 back

so I've taken a huge interest in this thread and have read it fully along with the ultimate barrel test.

I traded a UL tip for a longbow barrel and got a chance to try it out today!

Until now I've only used a .688 stock UL barrel or stock .688 boomstick (both 14" ) barrels.

Now I have a .685 longbow 14" barrel AND a .690 longbow back. They are both Stainless steel. They are a little heavy but i don't think they're as heavy as the boomstick.

I played with normal Core paint today--most likely the cheapest stuff. Most likely about .688 bore paintballs.

i would say that .685 was a pretty tight fit, but I could blow the ball out with enough force.

.690 - didn't roll either, but i had to blow less hard for it to blow out the barrel...when I looked at it through the light I could see almost a full circle of light (.690). A lot less light when I tried the .685 barrel.

The .685 barrel performed very well. I never had a break in the barrel. (I should have tried putting a broken paintball in there to test it out). As far as accuracy, I was very impressed. It seemed just a tiny bit more consistent than my UL barrel (.688). It seemed to have just a little less spread when shooting farther distances.

By the way we were playing at indoor speed field so only 265FPS :x

When I put on my .690 barrel it worked fine too my first game....

Then I noticed that a ball or two had broken in my pod so quite a few balls at the top of my hopper had paint on them...

During this game my balls started going CRAZY! Balls curving around like crazy, so I checked my barrel while in-game and found that it was perfectly clean...... very weird. So, maybe the balls wet with paint on them just were too small for my .690 barrel so they didn't even touch the sides and didn't get cleaned.

I checked my breach and feedneck and there were no signs of broken paint...

Even with my balls flying like crazy, it wasn't TOO bad though. I was able to get the last kill cuz I was just shooting as fast as I could. Accuracy by volume

overall I must say I am very impressed with the barrel. I'll probably use the .685 from now on. I plan on getting the .687 from sakworldpaintball...probably in aluminum to try it out. Titanium is just too expensive.

I'd like to try out a 16" barrel tip as well.... any thoughts on 16" barrels? will my shots bounce too much?