PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 PM #1
ern1523
Meet me at the 50 OTB

PWI Paintballs

Has anyone ever heard of these paintballs? I heard they were decent so I picked up a case of their tournament grade ones called Smoking Dragon. My local shop had them at $40 a case and the rec grade at $35 a case. I haven't shot any yet so I wanted to hear some reviews on them. Here is a link to their site:

www.pwipaintball.com
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2008, 08:45 PM #2
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

I'd give it a shot, they are a smaller company with good prices, but I have yet to hear much of anything about their paint.

Huzzah for Epic MD Mod Thread!

Macdev Militia
iday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:57 AM #3
r90t
Doc

r90t is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I've shot this paint from PSH Paintball in Eagle Rock.

The Player's Choice shoots straight, has a hard shell, but can be bouncy at times. OK recreational grade paint, for the occasional player. It marks really well, and I have some spots in my backyard where it has outlasted ultra evil hits.

The Smoking Dragon paint is an upgrade from the Player's Choice. Shoots straight, has a decent yellow fill, a bit watery, but you can see it on your opponent.

Both are a bargain for the price.

I'll shoot either of these two paints in my semi's, however, PSH has either Ultra Evil or Marballizer with ultra fill that I use with my pump guns. It breaks on anything and cannot be wiped.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:39 PM #4
ern1523
Meet me at the 50 OTB

yeah i got it from PSH too. It was the cheapest they had and i didnt have $ to get marbalizers or evil. I tried dropping a ball but it bounced a few times before the shell actually broke. However, i think it has a pretty good green fill. Ill be using them at the field soon and if all goes well, ill be getting some more of these.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:24 AM #5
r90t
Doc

r90t is a founding member
I have the orange.

If you want some really brittle paint. The marballizer with the yellow ultra evil fill is awesome in my CCM. Breaks on everything, not in the gun, and unwipable. We played lovefest with it at Conquest, and I had people walking off of the field looking like a banana. Expensive, but excellent paint. On pair with Ultra Evil.

It may be too brittle for your promaster.

If you hit Conquest, I usually play on Sundays with a Right Feed S-5 CCM pump gun. One of a kind marker.

Back on topic (Edit)...the Orange PWI shoots straight, stores well, and breaks pretty well on people. I haven't had a bad case of it in 2+ years of randomly shooting it.

Last edited by r90t : 05-16-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Back on topic.
r90t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:23 AM #6
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

^Totally off topic.

Huzzah for Epic MD Mod Thread!

Macdev Militia
iday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:41 PM #7
alexpb1

in my opinion, PWI paintballs are the BEST paintballs that i have got and will always get

they are very affordable and extreamly good

i had never ever had any problems with them and i swore to them
Old 06-06-2008, 04:50 PM #8
Cyprus55

I cant seem to find this paint locally. Does anyone know where I can get it online?
Cyprus55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 PM #9
Supremacy Angel
INSANITY Founder

Supremacy Angel plays in the APPA beginner division
im a huge fan of PWI as well... Fire Storm and Smoking Dragon are good products..
Supremacy Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:28 PM #10
motorpsycho
AIR-COOLED

motorpsycho supports Team VICIOUS
motorpsycho supports Team VICIOUS
i love PWI my shop stocks them exclusivly.... in my opinion players choice is the best 'low' grade paint i have shot and their higher grade stuff is outstanding
Old 10-03-2008, 01:04 AM #11
FaTTy_FRo

Smoking Dragon is by far the BEST Paint I have used. CHEAP and Brittle breaks on point. I like Smoking Dragon better than Marbs, Evil, Elixir, etc. Just make sure when shooting Dragon your marker is soft on the paint.
FaTTy_FRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:08 PM #12
TipToe

PWI Player's Choice- this paint sux balls. Only breaks on hard surfaces. It's almost like monster balls. These balls are inaccurate and fly all over the place. Also the balls are inconsistent, i have the freak insert kit and each ball required a different insert. Don't buy these, they won't break on the body, only on hard surfaces.
TipToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:04 PM #13
paintmydrum
***Eat My Shorts Man***

paintmydrum is attending Decay of Nations VI
awesome paint.
paintmydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:38 PM #14
desertedearth

Turbulence

I have only shoot PWI Turbulence which is the highest grade paint they make. Its a good deal for only $45. If flies straight, only thing is that you'll get a few bounces. I would recommend it. I use it often. Its an alternative to Premium imo
desertedearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 AM #15
kuyamike816

PWI players choice paint is pretty trash. I would only recommend it if youre playing rec. Since I live in SoCal I get APX paint for 25 bucks which is really good for practice paint. Anyways thats off topic. PWI also makes bombz which i get for 25 a case from my team owner since he has hook ups and its the best practice paint. You can even use it at tournaments but I would pay more money for empire premium or hk army paint.
kuyamike816 is offline   Reply With Quote