Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-19-2015, 06:24 PM #1
diet_popcorn

looking for 20"+ barrels, have a few questions

Hey guys I am looking for 20 inch barrels and I am looking for one with a 7/8inch Outer Diameter from threads to muzzle.

Specifically, it is for a Tacamo RPK. I know it's milsim/woodsball lol, but I am looking for a nicer barrel than the one it came with. Amazon and eBay have decent results, but the outer diameters are not listed. Custom Products comes up a few times; does anyone know the OD of those barrels or have any experience with them? And I don't even see a specific manufacturer for the 21" Flute "Sniper" (lol) Barrel. It seems to have a continuous OD, but I don't want to judge by picture alone.
diet_popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2015, 07:47 AM #2
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CP barrels are great, if you use the tactical versions they have a consistent outer diameter (I think 7/8 or 1 inch, a google search will solve that)

I think you can still find some Tiller, J&J, and Smart Parts 20 inch barrels out there still. Those "flute sniper" barrels with no manufacture are normally from China and are knockoffs, probably not worth your time.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:06 AM #3
Nicad
Common sense since '77!

Annual Supporting Member
Nicad is a founding member
Nicad works for a Paintball manufacturer
What barrel thread does that one use? Deadlywind will make a carbon barrel to most any length but it might not be the right od.. Depends on the thread type..

Like Deadlywind on FB!
Nicad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:20 PM #4
diet_popcorn

Ok yea I'll do some research on those Custom Products barrels, then. I actually do already have that smart parts 20 inch tactical barrel, but it's too wide for the handguard.

And I am almost positive it is a spyder threaded barrel. I'm pretty sure Deadlywind are 7/8 inch OD, but the base of it is a little larger. I could just put the barrel on and then slide the handguard over it. Of course if it breaks paint, then I'm kinda screwed when it comes to taking the barrel out lol.

I have also been looking at those Lapco Bigshot barrels
Old 07-22-2015, 09:25 AM #5
Nicad
Common sense since '77!

Annual Supporting Member
Nicad is a founding member
Nicad works for a Paintball manufacturer
If you go with any of the Deadlywind Null barrels we can machine down the aluminum part to be thinner.. If it needs to be no larger than 7/8" we can do that.

Can't do that with a FiburX due to an internal oring requiring the od to be no smaller than 0.9"

Like Deadlywind on FB!
Nicad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:30 PM #6
diet_popcorn

hmmmm interesting to know. Yea the entire barrel has to be 7/8 inch even at the threads.