Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2014, 09:59 AM #1
smokeyjpn221

Barrel upgrad for A-5

I'm looking to so some upgrades to my A-5 and having already decided on a response trigger my next upgrade I want to do is a new barrel. I've been checking out the Flatline barrel mainly but also some longer barrels as well. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks guys!
smokeyjpn221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2014, 11:15 PM #2
Jeep4Life

I'm guessing you play in the woods? If so a flatline can be quite nice if there is some separation between you and your opponents. My A5 currently has a flatline and it's the only barrel I've used on it, my friend also has an A5 with response trigger and has been running a flatline with no issue. Another nice option is an Apex2, it is more versatile than the flatline but can be a little picky. Or for a good one piece I recommend J&J ceramic barrel, it's light, quite and cleans well.
Jeep4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:14 PM #3
smokeyjpn221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep4Life View Post
I'm guessing you play in the woods? If so a flatline can be quite nice if there is some separation between you and your opponents. My A5 currently has a flatline and it's the only barrel I've used on it, my friend also has an A5 with response trigger and has been running a flatline with no issue. Another nice option is an Apex2, it is more versatile than the flatline but can be a little picky. Or for a good one piece I recommend J&J ceramic barrel, it's light, quite and cleans well.
Yeah I mainly play in the woods because the nearest arena is about 45 minutes away. Is the flat line worth the money? I've heard a lot of good things about it but not really in detail. One of the guys I play with has that apex barrel and he loves it...I thought about getting it but I wanna be sure I don't want the flatline first. I'm not dying to switch because I like the 12" barrel I have right now but I wanna be sure before I do switch if that makes sense. I'll check out that J&J! Thanks for the help man!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:26 PM #4
Jeep4Life

Honestly I don't know that it's with the money when the apex is actually cheaper and is more versatile. But the apex does have a learning curve, where as the flatline is just a point and shoot barrel. Try and shoot your buddies apex for a round if he'll let you.
Jeep4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:08 PM #5
smokeyjpn221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep4Life View Post
Honestly I don't know that it's with the money when the apex is actually cheaper and is more versatile. But the apex does have a learning curve, where as the flatline is just a point and shoot barrel. Try and shoot your buddies apex for a round if he'll let you.
Yeah I'll try that...I'll post when I've made my decision and how I like it