Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-11-2007, 06:24 PM #64
MBarker84

I have to agree with the stupid kids with nice guns issue. Its nice to show those kids that you dont have to be a spoiled brat with a 18/sec gun to be good at paintball. Who are these kids parents anyways? Spending 800 dollers on their kids to buy a paintball marker not including the other hundreds of dollars on cloths and air and accesories. Jesus things have sure changed since I was a kid. I used to work hard for my money and it still would takes years to amount to the cost of one of these kids paintball markers
MBarker84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:54 PM #65
frosty64
Paintball People Eater

i play pump because its fun. sure lugging around my 10lb auto-cocker is good and all, dont forget the 4 pods of paint and a 1 hopper. like most people have stated already. playing pump has taught me to stay tight into my bunker, take my time with shots, though im not so patient yet. to be aggressive, move up the field and overtake my opponent. the money factor is cool too, as i used to spend anywhere from 75 to 150 for a days play, depending on how much i felt like shooting. now i can buy a bag of 500 and it will last me at least 2 weeks worth of play. i have paint that is 3 months old sitting in my bag because i have not been able to shoot it all up yet. all dry and hard and flat-spotted - its still good :-) another thing i love is being asked "hey what kind of gun is that?" and "holy crap this is all it weighs? its like less than my hopper!" having kids younger than me saying that i can borrow their extra ion or shocker if i wanted is the best. bunkering people is also so much more fun and gratifying. the other players i hang around with who pump are all honest and great people to be around. most semi-players are honest too, you get those select few who think their poo doesnt stink however.

anyway those are mostly the reasons i pump it up. money, fun, respect and the dumb questions
Tippmann 98 - Backup

"Originally posted by MisterMister: Why not just shoot frozen reballs? When you hear the scream of pain you know they are out!"
frosty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:37 PM #66
Mx6krazy_03

I actually played a couple of games a month or so ago with two guys that were using pumps- And they impressed the **** out of me. The conditions weren't that great for any of us (Humid, rainy, dark) but they didn't seem to mind, and most times their team won the games.
I can't remember all of what the had though- they def. had a few pumps each, and kept switching from gun to gun. I know there were cockers, and I think a pair of Phantoms, but other than that, I don't know.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:40 PM #67
ZcArAzYbAlLa1
no team->:'(

pumps=rapeage,
thats pretty much the reason i play pump, that and so i can bum 3 balls off of people and get at least 2 kills
ZcArAzYbAlLa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:49 PM #68
henryxpark
"nfg dude"

i save money and its fun and it helps with my lonely nights

NEW FEEDBACK / OLD FEEDBACK
henryxpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 PM #69
Mx6krazy_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryxpark View Post
Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 PM #70
jk_6109
What the cashcrop?

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryxpark View Post
thats just uncalled for

New & Old Feedback

Check out my brother's band, Skull Hammer.
jk_6109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 PM #71
rockindaratimp

well being pretty much everyone has posted i may as well join the band wagon i play because its a style thing any little agglet can rock an ego with success depending on how much they roll their gun but with a stock class phantom its like an art of destruction cutting up those agglets with thier chode mowing whips of doom. not only that but it it teaches you when to move and using everyblind spot to your advantage even more than you would just for the fact that the agglet can try shooting his lazer beam at your old bunker and cut it in half like cyclops from x-men. your gun fighting skills improve exponentially and the last reason should be a huge one for everyone that plays walk ons unless if not you have mental, self esteem and power issues. you get bored when you play walk ons with a real gun its like fish in a barrel with a pump its like fish in a 55 gallon drum.

Last edited by rockindaratimp : 09-11-2007 at 11:38 PM.
rockindaratimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:34 PM #72
Linuss

Pump has CONS?!?!
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 PM #73
rockindaratimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuss View Post
Pump has CONS?!?!
who ever said this is a crack eating lunatic
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 AM #74
TheCosmikShame
Keep calm and shoot CCM

i played tourny ball for a while. went into debt, switched to pump.
I save about $70 a sunday. I'd rather be playing serious tourny ball for the rush, but pump is still very, very fun

- PITTSBURGH PENGUINS -

CustomCockers.com - My true home.
TheCosmikShame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:04 AM #75
s3xualch0c01at3
The Original Sexual Choco

I get more respect when I play pump.

I really like how people underestimate me, and then I show them up later in the day.

I love the pumping action, not because its like jerking off, but the sound when you cock the gun makes me feel all warm inside.

I love not having to carry a heavy harness on my back.

It's great not having much to worry about when it comes down to equipment. No electronics to deal with, batteries to change, etc...

It's just plain fun.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:59 AM #76
mayor
Awana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuss View Post
Pump has CONS?!?!
lol. soo true

edit: and also shooting one bag of paint...for a whole day...and still shooting like a mad man

Last edited by mayor : 09-12-2007 at 02:02 AM.
mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:03 AM #77
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
I had an Octane Shocker and a R/F WGP Sniper. I now own a Phantom but it hasn't measured up to the right feedness of a R/F Sniper so I got one on the way.

When I played with my Shocker I couldn't aim it. I couldn't stand veritcal feed. Sure, I could get in a good position during the game and pop out and unload a steam of paint in a general area and a few hands would go up but that wasn't fun at all. So I got my '00 R/F Autococker (still semi at the time) and slapped a pump kit on it because I was afraid of the pnuematics. Pumps are just no brainers to maintain. I put a 50 round hopper on it and took off the beaver tail so I could site down the barrel perfectly.

There's nothing like it. I can actually aim and hit what I shoot at in the first shot. The gun is nice and light without a 5lb hopper on it. The most fun I have is when I see someone sticking out a little I can pretty much nail em in the first shot. I've made some really memorable shots and that's why I play pump.

I also believe pump is a better game in that it structured more towards sportsmanship rather than winning 100%.
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:17 AM #78
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends VII
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm cheap.

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:18 PM #79
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

It's more fun and it costs less
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 PM #80
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindaratimp View Post
well being pretty much everyone has posted i may as well join the band wagon i play because its a style thing any little agglet can rock an ego with success depending on how much they roll their gun but with a stock class phantom its like an art of destruction cutting up those agglets with thier chode mowing whips of doom. not only that but it it teaches you when to move and using everyblind spot to your advantage even more than you would just for the fact that the agglet can try shooting his lazer beam at your old bunker and cut it in half like cyclops from x-men. your gun fighting skills improve exponentially and the last reason should be a huge one for everyone that plays walk ons unless if not you have mental, self esteem and power issues. you get bored when you play walk ons with a real gun its like fish in a barrel with a pump its like fish in a 55 gallon drum.
Haha this is so true and very funny, but have you ever thought of breaking your sentences up with some periods? Other than that yeah it is really really cool when you get a legit elimination off of someone with a semi auto/electronic marker. If I think hard enough, I can remember almost all the really nice eliminations I've had over the years with my phantoms and carter buzzard.(And I've had quite a few).
Old 09-12-2007, 01:36 PM #81
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
The reason I got a pump is because I like playing woodsball because it's layed back/more relaxed than speedball. Speedball is fun when people are playing for fun, but most speedball players want to win so bad that they're willing to cheat. But after playing speedball, it's gotten too easy to wipe out the recballers with my Egos.

I bought a Carter and first time out, I got a kill or two a game and surprisingly me and these 2 guys with pistols were always the last ones left alive on our team. Next time I went out and the other team was much more aggressive than mine. I couldn't get any kills all day with the pump despite knowing I could have wiped out my side of the field had I been using my Ego. That's the problem with pump in my opinion. If teams are evenly matched or if your team is slightly more aggressive, it's really fun. If your team is really passive or outgunned and can't hold their own, it gets frustrating.

For that reason, I bought a mechanical gun like the Mag since it's not as fast as the egos but I can still get out a few bps to hold my own if I have to. Pump can be fun, but it can be really frustrating as well.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:54 PM #82
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

becuase mowing fools with a pump is a way of life!
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:55 PM #83
rockindaratimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmike15 View Post
Haha this is so true and very funny, but have you ever thought of breaking your sentences up with some periods? Other than that yeah it is really really cool when you get a legit elimination off of someone with a semi auto/electronic marker. If I think hard enough, I can remember almost all the really nice eliminations I've had over the years with my phantoms and carter buzzard.(And I've had quite a few).
thanks and thats kind of what i was going for i only talk using the words muppet mowing and agglet when im trying to add a little smirk on the face of all of us pump cannon nawbs because we use em cause well i dont even know and as far as punctuation goes its over rated
Old 09-12-2007, 03:06 PM #84
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindaratimp View Post
as far as punctuation goes its over rated
No, it's really not.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote